Post your mod requests/ideas here

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

tonyka wrote:
joseht123 wrote:Is a weather mod possible ?
maybe can be generate particles over specific blocks, like snow, and make these, only generated within a certain radius of the player
This is possible. But you can not spawn rain under clouds because the clouds are no blocks.
tonyka wrote:and to enhance the effect, modifying the distance of fog to be closest
I think you can not change the distance of the fog with the lua api.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

tonyka wrote:
joseht123 wrote:Is a weather mod possible ?
maybe can be generate particles over specific blocks, like snow, and make these, only generated within a certain radius of the player

and to enhance the effect, modifying the distance of fog to be closest
I do not know if this can be done in lua, for environmental effects guess it's better to do in c + +

sorry for my bad English
I think it can be done in lua, because of particles.
The rain could be particles and we could just add a randomized effect and make it so it looks like rain.
Sorry if that makes no sense to read lol.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

before existing the systems of particles, a very common way to achieve atmospheric effects in virtual worlds, was adding a layer to the entire frame, with the effect previously performed in the same way as we would do in Gimp or Photoshop.

best to explain is a visual example:

in this way could create lots of visual effects without raising too much the system requirements (lens flares, flashes, effects of vision glasses for infrared or night vision, sight glasses for weapons ...).

I leave it here, maybe someone finds a way to do something similar in lua ...
My mod: [MOD]3D Forniture 1.0
Download: 3DForniture_v_1.0.zip
Page development (European Castilian):
Moviliario 3D (proyecto 3D Forniture)

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

For rain and snow i tried lua entities and falling nodes, even limiting the range to just around the player will give you major lag (and corrupted one of my longtime maps). Tonyka has it best, you're better off finding a way to insert an animated gif (or several frames of PNG) right in front of the camera.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

exact, that's the approximate idea ...

Keegan

by Keegan » Post

locked doors
Owner of Keegan's server address>66.227.221.69:30000<port

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Keegan wrote:locked doors
riventest:door2 :-P

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

I think he means, a door that can only be used by the person who placed it. And can only be removed by the person who placed it. Not just a fake door that you can ''move'' by hitting a book or something.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

FYI riventest:door2 can only be open/closed/dug by it's owner/placer and its been available for nearly 2 months now...

and tomorrow im releasing rivendoor3 which can be open/closed w/ password, and can only be dug/edited by its owner/placer.
Last edited by mauvebic on Wed Jul 25, 2012 07:44, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Sorry to bust your little bubble here, but, this is where we post ''mod requests'', not updates about mods we are working on.
--------------------------------
Also, I have an idea for a modifcation to the game that's actually a game mode (modified from defaults):
-NoMap mode
All default mods are present, but no map is generated. May be great for ''sky-based'' maps and servers.
Last edited by SegFault22 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 06:49, edited 1 time in total.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Sorry to bust your little bubble here, but, this is where we post ''mod requests'', not updates about mods we are working on.
You're dumb. People request locked doors, i have locked doors.
SegFault22 wrote: --------------------------------
Also, I have an idea for a modifcation to the game that's actually a game mode (modified from defaults):
-NoMap mode
All default mods are present, but no map is generated. May be great for ''sky-based'' maps and servers.
You didn't have that idea, but thanks for trying to take credit

big mouth, no skill and no original ideas. No wonder you got booted from moderating on menche's server.

At least i deliver.
Last edited by mauvebic on Sat Jul 28, 2012 05:22, edited 1 time in total.

graphics boy
GitHub: Cg-boy

by graphics boy » Post

Would it be possible to make a car or airplane mod where you go inside and controll them?
I like 3d graphics

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

Youd have to take this and make it work without rails and find a way to tell it which way to turn.

The turning thing might be difficult, since we cant map extra keys and both mouse buttons already have functions :-/

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

Is there a chance to create mod (or any other way) removing any unknown block on the map? This would definitely solve the problem of updating mods. I think about the automatic removal of blocks left by mods all over the map. For example, hydroponics leave many blocks in places where bushes grow. Remove each one by digging would be frustrating.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Ragnarok wrote:Is there a chance to create mod (or any other way) removing any unknown block on the map? This would definitely solve the problem of updating mods. I think about the automatic removal of blocks left by mods all over the map. For example, hydroponics leave many blocks in places where bushes grow. Remove each one by digging would be frustrating.
Its not so easy i think. It would be possible if you would create a list with all (old) blocks that should be removed.
This could look like this (WARNING! untested):

Code: Select all

local old_node = {"node_name_1", "node_name_2"}

for i,node_name in ipairs(old_node) do
    minetest.register_node(node_name, {
        tiles = {"unknown_block.png"},
        groups = {remove=1}
    })
end

minetest.register_abm({
    nodenames = {"group:remove"},
    interval = 0,
    chance = 1,
    action = function(pos, node)
        minetest.set_node(pos, "air")
    end
})

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Ragnarok wrote:Is there a chance to create mod (or any other way) removing any unknown block on the map? This would definitely solve the problem of updating mods. I think about the automatic removal of blocks left by mods all over the map. For example, hydroponics leave many blocks in places where bushes grow. Remove each one by digging would be frustrating.
WorldEdit

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

LolManKuba wrote:(...)
WorldEdit
In WorldEdit I should specify area between two points. On large map it's problematic.

pagliaccio

by pagliaccio » Post

gun or arc width arrow for shoot and demage other player

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

pagliaccio wrote:gun or arc width arrow for shoot and demage other player
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1396

http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=687

I don't know if the first one still works

InfinityProject

by InfinityProject » Post

I've got one

LASER BEAMS

How about a Laser gun that shoots a beam that creates fire or explosions when it comes in contact with a node.
Also Rabbibob made a cruel but genius april fools joke. He said he was working on a laser beam that would shoot in between 2 nodes. So maybe a node that produces a laser beam that will destroy any node except for like stone and maybe a special block to stop it. With the mods I've seen lately I think it might be possible.
Last edited by InfinityProject on Thu Aug 02, 2012 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

InfinityProject wrote:I've got one

LASER BEAMS

How about a Laser gun that shoots a beam that creates fire or explosions when it comes in contact with a node.
Also Rabbibob made a cruel but genius april fools joke. He said he was working on a laser beam that would shoot in between 2 nodes. So maybe a node that produces a laser beam that will destroy any node except for like stone and maybe a special block to stop it. With the mods I've seen lately I think it might be possible.
Yeah he did xD, that was long ago.
And if someone does, maybe it could trigger mesecons if you go into it.
Last edited by LolManKuba on Thu Aug 02, 2012 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

tonyka

by tonyka » Post

I have an idea that I would love to see done:
This really is not Mod's, it would have to be modified the code in c + +,

Let's talk about sound:

MT could apply advanced management of sound, giving 3d pseudo properties.
Basic way to start would be to provide to the nodes of sound propagation characteristics:
  • Conductivity of audio: when a sound "collides" with the node, can do to decrease the volume, a certain percentage, which can create soundproof rooms, or make the sound does not lose strength in the liquid ....
  • Reflection of the audio: make a sound when it collides with a node, this is repeated with the value extracted from the collision,
  • Reflex delay audio: make the sound a certain time later in repeated after colliding.
Later they could give more advanced properties ...
in real life to bounce the audio elements that adopts a series of modifications in its waveform, the most obvious example is the metallicity, all children of my generation, we used a tin can, as a sounding board to say this "looke, I am your father" ...

Is perhaps silly of me to suggest something, but it would be great to put heavi-metal music in the room the child, Madonna in the bedroom of the daughter, and chill music in the room of parents and the classroom, without blend sounds ...

sorry for my English ... I use google translator

MegaGeeza

by MegaGeeza » Post

How about a flashlight? that would be good for walking around in the night and exploring caves.

Ragnarok

by Ragnarok » Post

MegaGeeza wrote:How about a flashlight? that would be good for walking around in the night and exploring caves.
You can use walking_light mod: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2621
Last edited by Ragnarok on Fri Aug 03, 2012 15:20, edited 1 time in total.

MegaGeeza

by MegaGeeza » Post

Cheers for that, im surprised i never noticed it!