Post your mod requests/ideas here

NoxEranya

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by NoxEranya » Post

Futuristic: Something that could be modeled after a star trek door. Would work great for futuristic endeavors.
Metal: Different doors for base metal tones already in game, iron/copper, etc. A mese door even.
Shroud doors: See-through little blocks of color, that would act similar to a 'curtain' over the door. instead of opening as normal, these doors could slide to one side like the japanese doors. Multiple colors of this would be awesome for different applications.
Beaded doors: Similar to the above. The actual door would be mostly transparent, just have lines of differently sized 'beads' visible in different colors. Maybe a glow effect, maybe not.
Antique doors: castle-like doors, with more girding around the edges to make it look 'reinforced'.
Magic doors: This is a new idea. Again it would act like a japanese door with going to the side rather than opening out, but instead of being a normal 'door' type, it could be an effect, like flames or plasma.
Half- and saloon-style doors: Well, like saloon style doors, with only half being 'visible' and the other half being transparent. In wood and metal, these could be used for counters, turnstiles, etc.

Right-opening doors: Nearly every door I see is left opening, but it makes it difficult for those of us that like to use double doors. Having right-opening versions would be amazing, or some way to choose upon placing whether we want it right or left opening.

Larger-taller doors: Doors that extend more than two vertical tiles. Maybe a craft utility, where the created 'door' would be expanded to the size and shape in the recipe. for example if i put
xxd
xxd
xxd
where x is blank and d is door, then i would wind up with a door that is three normal doors high (six blocks) but a normal width (one block) of course thats extreme but its just a random suggestion. It might be easier to implement than making the door blocks react to each other. But since I cant mod I don't know.

Thanks for your interest :)

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

NoxEranya - I will see what I can do. I just added more doors to mydoors mod. If you have any other door ideas please post them on the mydoors thread. I will try to add as many as I can.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10626
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Christian9
In-game: Christian9

by Christian9 » Post

Here's a great mod idea:Name tags for the Animals Mod pack :)

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

Name tags, and updated models! That, would be awesome.

Samson1
GitHub: MoJo4000
IRC: Samson1
In-game: Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

A dog that can do every thing that I dog can do in Minecraft, and That sports the Minecraft dog texture

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

by swordpaint12 » Post

Forest cats that spawn in forests, foxes and wolves likewise. Chinchillas that spawn at high altitudes. Story mod with stories written by players. A chain of quests which lead you to a final prize. A replicator mod that automatically creates food, tools, etc... Just put in an iron lump.
Last edited by swordpaint12 on Mon Aug 31, 2015 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

Dispenser please!:)

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

For things like arrows? That would be cool! It could tie into pipeworks and throwing (enhanced)!

Samson1

by Samson1 » Post

Could you make a stranded mod that adds music into the game?

Christian9
In-game: Christian9

by Christian9 » Post

Samson1 wrote:A dog that can do every thing that I dog can do in Minecraft, and That sports the Minecraft dog texture
I could do that but it would take some doing however the MC texture could lead to copyright issues so i might have to make it a bit different

ArguablySane

by ArguablySane » Post

Christian9 wrote:
Samson1 wrote:A dog that can do every thing that I dog can do in Minecraft, and That sports the Minecraft dog texture
I could do that but it would take some doing however the MC texture could lead to copyright issues so i might have to make it a bit different
Just make it accept textures in a compatible format. If people want to do evil, horrible acts of violence against poor defenceless Microsoft by illegally copying the texture, then it's not your fault.
The above post and any ideas expressed therein are released to the public domain under a Creative Commons CC0 license.

NoxEranya

More marble/granite

by NoxEranya » Post

Random suggestion from a build im working on: A base marble, that is dyable according to unified dyes. So you could have a normal marble node, and dye it black, and have black amrble.. or blue, or any other texture. If possible there could even be a dark and light variant, where the 'light' would be a base white with a veined color, or a 'dark' with black/white veins and a base color. Just a thought.

Exilyth

by Exilyth » Post

unicode: place a special block, open a formspec on the block, input a unicode codepoint, press a button and the block displays a texture of the unicode symbol for that code point. Full unicode support requires a HUGE amount of textures (or unicode support in the text rendering engine subsystem).

respawn_with_random_stuff: like [initial_stuff], but gives you random tools & items every time you respawn (ofc. [bones] would have to be disabled). The list of items and propabilities should be set by the user/admin.

mod_tutorial: a tutorial for modders. Should contain examples of defining nodes, crafting recipes, food items, ... and should have well documented, clean code (which should also explain why something is done a certain way).

kitchen_sink: So we can have a large list of features ... and the [kitchen_sink] ;)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Exilyth wrote: mod_tutorial: a tutorial for modders. Should contain examples of defining nodes, crafting recipes, food items, ... and should have well documented, clean code (which should also explain why something is done a certain way).
There are some good tutorials out there. The lua_api.txt file is also quite helpful.
Exilyth wrote: kitchen_sink: So we can have a large list of features ... and the [kitchen_sink] ;)
Take a look at homedecor. It has quite a lot of decorative furniture nodes.
A list of my mods can be found here.

phsycoslasher2000
In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Post

ive got an idea for a mod. all the flags ever created! including up to the nazi flag and the russian sickle and hammer flag

phsycoslasher2000
In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Post

also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

phsycoslasher2000 wrote:also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds
as far as l know, nuclear explosions destroy in a radius bigger than 60 km, so if you lit one, the whole world would be gone (except the places which are protected).

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

minetestcr

by minetestcr » Post

Hello!
I need some ideas. I have a white block that I created to make walls (attached image), and in some cases, one side of the wall is white and the other red (or blue, or yellow, etc.). Sometimes there might be three colors on one wall block.
What is the best way to do this:
a) create one node for each case: white - yellow, white-red, white-blue, etc.
b) create a mod with thin color blocks and place them over the walls to "paint it"
c) any other idea?
d) or maybe there is already a mod to do something like this?

thanks!
Attachments
white wall blocks
white wall blocks
Selection_084.png (419.46 KiB) Viewed 699 times

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

by kaadmy » Post

I would probably just register nodes of every combination that you would need.
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

swordpaint12
In-game: [swordpaint12][Belching_Balladeer]

"Re: I need some ideas..." "Horse Colors" "Weather"

by swordpaint12 » Post

@minetestcr:

There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.

Also, I would like to see more colors of horses. I found the KPGmobs add-on for mobs redo but the colors left something to be desired. For a weather mod, I'd like to see one that simply "stains" the screen (like when you're under water or lava) and drops snow, ash, and water.
God's not dead; remember that!
Yay for MT! No MC here!
I am a human. I'm younger than 100 years old.
I've been playing Minetest since December 2014.

I'm amazed that I haven't been on here in so long! My latest minetest accomplishment was mining by hand (well, as close as you can get in a computer game) a circle 30 blocks in diameter. It took forever but it's pretty cool.

Don

Re: "Re: I need some ideas..." "Horse Colors" "Weather"

by Don » Post

swordpaint12 wrote:@minetestcr:

There is a paint roller mod I had at one point but I never figured out how to launch a world with it. Maybe create a variant of that which uses dyes and water to create paint. Or figure out how to take the stain function out of mydeck.
In mydeck I made o node for each color. When you use a stain brush all it does is replaces the node with the colored one.
In mystreets modpack there is a mod called mypaint. I started it but never got very far. It might be a good base to make a paint mod of your own.
https://github.com/DonBatman/mystreets_mp
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

minetestcr

by minetestcr » Post

thank you all, I'm gonna try your ideas, I will let you know how it goes

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

you can use the code from there if you want
https://github.com/HybridDog/colour_carrier
it adds an object which can be coloured by sending a digiline signal to the node "carrying" it

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

Glorfindel
GitHub: the1glorfindel
IRC: Glorfindel DoomWeaver
In-game: Glorfindel

by Glorfindel » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
phsycoslasher2000 wrote:also make a mod with nukes and atomic bombs that look like the real thing and so you can't grief with them there are areas that you make called nuclear testing grounds
as far as l know, nuclear explosions destroy in a radius bigger than 60 km, so if you lit one, the whole world would be gone (except the places which are protected).
That could be kind of cool... XD
==================================================================
I have a couple ideas:
  • Recycler: Recycles things into that which they where made out of, maybe not all of the items so you wouldn't get the same stuff back as composed the item you put into it.
  • Scythe/Sickle: Only does damage to plants, this would be useful for harvesting anything that you grow in hoed dirt.
    I have the recipe all figured out for this one.
    [ ] [ ] [ ]
    [x][x][ ]
    [ ] [ ]
    Where x={wood block, trunk, stone, steel ingot, mese crystal, diamond crystal, crystal ingot} And s={stick}
  • This one is more of an addition to an existing animal modpack, but it would be nice if there were tigers in the jungles, you could go hunting them for "leather" to make bags out of

Don

by Don » Post

Love the tiger mob idea.