Post your mod requests/ideas here

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by cx384 » Post

Maybe poisonous berries that damage you.
Moreover, it would be nice if you could make jam out of them to make the vessels mod more useful .
Nevertheless, there are some berry mods and it would be nice to have berries in MG but this is the wrong topic to discuss that.

viewtopic.php?t=14068
viewtopic.php?t=3898
Can your read this?

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

Desperate! checked viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11165&hilit=my+little+pony and although the server still exists, nobody was connected but me and i could not interact with anything.
zargulthewizard wrote:Apologies for the tab excuse. Blah.

The following is an idea for either a mod or subgame for Minetest which implements elements from the world of Equestria. There may or may not be an ultimate goal to the mod, but either way the player is better off making friends than enemies.

Magic is available to unicorns and like beasts only, except in special cases of incantation spells or magical items. In the case of creatures having direct magical power (ie: unicorns), they have a hud bar which is depleted as spells are cast (harder spells using more of the "magic strength"), and slowly refills at a rate based on such things as weather or not the pony is flying or running, how hungry they are, and if they are injured. There is a limit as to how much their magic bar can fill: this is their magic strength and can be affected by health, usage, and (of course) friendship. Magic can be used to as a weapon or to perform operations such as interacting with a chest at long ranges.

Flying affects an allicorn's aim.

Special written spells can be executed by unicorns which affect the weapon function of their horn. The spells are items which wear out as they are used (except for spells like teleporting or light).

The horn is an item in the inventory which cannot be thrown away. The easiest way to do this may be to add a tab to the inventory especially for horns with a horn dispenser slot that only works if there is not a horn already in the backpack, and an empty slot to put spells in. The horn then operates like a tool.

Wings are simple: the fly privilege. If the player has fly privilege, wings are shown on his/her 3D skin and they are registered as a pegasus (or allocorn). If they are flying, their hunger bar is depleted faster.

Maybe all special pony characteristics should be priviledges. Like: strongkick, magic, changeling (one needs a bad guy for the mod to be complete), eoh (elements of harmony usable by this character), planets (this character can move the sun and moon, probably equivalent to settime but with more stuff like locking the current time or causing an eclipse).

Friends are made by being kind. One can ask for another pony's status (which includes things like hunger and wether or not they are running away from something, of which they may only return part), and help them with any problems they might have. Bigger things (like helping them defeat an enemy) will result in more trust (they are more likely to help you and less likely to somehow become your enemy).

Changelings can interfere with friendships quite badly, and the code for them will probably be quite complex. The basics are that they gain food equivalence and magic strength from any friends of whom they are impersonating while slowly depleting the friend's trust for everyone else. They take a moment to transform and can be prevented from doing so by attack as they require a certain amount of magicpoints to transform, which can be quickly depleted in defending themselves. Don't let them fool you with kind acts, either.
May God be with you, always.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I was wondering if anyone of you has great ideas for mods / gameplay mechanics which allow/push more player-to-player interaction (no matter if collaborative or in combat) in multiplayer servers.

Existing examples:
- Locked chests
- Keys (from Minetest Game)
- Mailboxes (other players can put in item for the owner to take)
- Vending machines

DoogMitt
IRC: Doog

by DoogMitt » Post

Have modified the ethereal mod a little. Constructed a different schematic for orange trees adding lemon and grapefruit trees too. Screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WkhTe3 ... sp=sharing

Fairly certain I've fully entegrated them with the mod as concerns the mapgen and would like some feedback to know of anything that could be done better. One thing that would certainly be nice is... Here's the modified ethereal mod:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WJXt58 ... sp=sharing

The leaves for the citrus trees (orange, lemon, grapefruit) are identical and it was simple enough to just re-use the same graphic for each of the leaf types. The schematics for the citrus trees are also identical except for the percentages of leaves and fruit which are kind of needed to grow the trees properly for what they are. It would be nice to consolidate these to one scematic and use variables for the percentages. Though only two are needed I am terrible at calling up variables... and coding in general. **Edit: Mis-counted again. 3 variables are needed. Two are numbers defining leaf and fruit generation percentages. The third is a character string needed to determine the tree, leaf and fruit type.

Y'all have fun with that. Am having great fun with Minetest and loving all the amazing mods. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to such an excellent adventure! :)

Doog

Oh yeah, almost forgot the disclaimer...

*** Disclaimer *** Ummmmm. If you download the modified version of the ethereal mod, a huge angry drunken unicorn just might jump out of your computer and chase your neighbours dog into on coming traffic. Or not.

Edit: Good news! Just got my first random citrus grove. Yeah, it's little but at least I know it works properly. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Cm4zI8 ... sp=sharing
Last edited by DoogMitt on Sat Dec 02, 2017 04:18, edited 1 time in total.

zargulthewizard

Wuzzy wrote:I was wondering if anyone of you has great ideas for mods / gameplay mechanics which allow/push more player-to-player interaction (no matter if collaborative or in combat) in multiplayer servers.

Existing examples:
- Locked chests
- Vending machines
A system for securely conversing with a single player and/or exchanging items with them. Somehow you two open up a GUI where you see a slot to send to them, a slot where they can send something to you, your inventory, and a simple chatting interface.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I was wondering if anyone of you has great ideas for mods / gameplay mechanics which allow/push more player-to-player interaction (no matter if collaborative or in combat) in multiplayer servers.

Existing examples:
- Locked chests
- Vending machines
** End Quote

Errm.. A node/material/entity which requires more than one person to break/harvest/kill. What is picked up in inventory could be a "shattered piece" of the original node which trading or continued team effort would be needed to gather enough for any one person to complete.

zargulthewizard

As an unrelated thing, I just wanted to say hi to all guest viewers.
So...
Howdy dudey and good mornin' to you on this fine day, neighbor!
There. I said it. That should count for a good long while, I think.

zargulthewizard

cx384 wrote:Maybe poisonous berries that damage you.
Moreover, it would be nice if you could make jam out of them to make the vessels mod more useful .
Nevertheless, there are some berry mods and it would be nice to have berries in MG but this is the wrong topic to discuss that.

viewtopic.php?t=14068
viewtopic.php?t=3898
Berries and jam. Hmm. Not bad. Maybe an add-on to the farming plus mod? Neccesary to make certain things like some pies?

IanniPowerup!!!
In-game: IanniPowerup

IDEA FOR MODDERS !! (craftable super powers)

by IanniPowerup!!! » Post

I have an amaing idea for any modders out there ! Craftable Super Powers . Wut exactly is this? My idea is to put creaftable items and when u hold them in hand and click (or eat or anything idk u decide) the player will launch an attack . My ideas are : 1) Projectile launch (launch an retextured version of normal tnt in the direction u are facing .
2) Invisibility (do 3 demage to yourself and gain invisibility for 30 sec then after it reload u can do it again .. if u can afford the demage)
3) X-Ray (click while holding the item and gain x-ray , after clicking again u turn back to normal . X-Ray should highlight ores and mobs , also lava)
4) Fire Summon (summon fire around you , fire that just the player that summoned it can touch without being hurt . This might be hard for online because only the player is immune and then all players are immune..soo figure this out..)
5) Demon Summon ( summon a custom mob for 30 sec that attacks all entities within it's range)
6) Collapse (spawn an invisible tnt relevated to the summoner's direction . Tnt enough powerful to do some demage to other blocks and players . Tho again.. the summoner should be immune to the explosion , otherwise it is useless .
ANYWAY ! Hope u liked my ideas , if u can make one of these a mod or add more ideas ! THX FOR READING

Wolfshippie
GitHub: Wolfshippie
IRC: wolfshippie
In-game: wolfshippie minehippie

Re: IDEA FOR MODDERS !! (craftable super powers)

by Wolfshippie » Post

Some interesting ideas. What about learning lua coding and trying to do it by yourself? :)

u19503

by u19503 » Post

Can someone make a mod like the foretery mod for Minecraft
To be specific the bee keeping part

Being able to breed different bee queens and drones to make the best bee that makes the best honey (some make honey faster but less good and some make it slower but better)

http://feed-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Bees

I can help with any textures you need also I will probably add this to farlands
And I will probably also add support for Summerfields :)

Please PM me becouse I don't roam these parts of the forum alot so I don't miss your response

Cross_over
In-game: Cross_over

by Cross_over » Post

i would like to suggest a simple craftable Bicycle mod.could be a good addition for servers or singleplayer.

zargulthewizard

Dynamic liqruids could really use pipeworks compatibility! More on that thread.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Probably gonna get some hate for this. I spent quite a few months putting this construct together. And would like to see what people do with it.

So here's the idea. Get the file, place it in your minetest world folder in a folder named "schems" and then use the mtschem place command to place the construct in your world. ** Edit ** It is made completely with default and moreblocks nodes (you'll of course need the worldedit mod to place the schem file). Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10pkQL4 ... sp=sharing

Here's where it needs to be placed on your computer:

~minetest_folder/your_world/schems/whatif.mts

And here's the command to use while in creative mode after you've selected the first position:

/mtschemplace whatif.mts

Now to sit back and watch the volcano.

Doog

** Edit ** Make sure there's plenty of space as it is rather large. Like seriously.
Last edited by DoogMitt on Sun Dec 10, 2017 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

DoogMitt wrote:** Edit ** Make sure there's plenty of space as it is rather large. Like seriously.
Also make sure you have more than 3 GiB of free RAM. This 465 KiB small file seems to require a ton of RAM to place all nodes in the world.
I tried it here a few times, but only got a 30s system freeze due swap I/O on my HDD the first time. Also the two other times nothing appeared in the world. Did the placement work on your machine?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Krock wrote: Also make sure you have more than 3 GiB of free RAM. This 465 KiB small file seems to require a ton of RAM to place all nodes in the world.
I tried it here a few times, but only got a 30s system freeze due swap I/O on my HDD the first time. Also the two other times nothing appeared in the world. Did the placement work on your machine?
Just placed it and it worked fine. Though I am up 15000 nodes and there are snow blocks in strange places. Lol! :)

If it seems like nothing appeared, perhaps try going up about 100 nodes and then head north or south. It seems to be somewhat random in placement but the north south orientation looks to be constant. That said, you'll most likely end up at one of the lower corners of the construct where there is only air.

Oh, also, when typing the the command, the exact string is: //mtschemplace whatif

Sorry for any confusion. Im crap at commands and it shows. :(

As for memory, I fear I have 16G and 6 of them are for a ram-drive from which I play minetest. Less ram should still work but I don't know what the limits are.

Doog

** Edit ** Probably doesn't matter but after generating files over 3G and perpetuating a number of system crashes, I found a way to link the debug.txt file with /dev/null (puts the file in limbo: it can be written to but it never amasses any size). Would probably be better if there was a size limit in game for the file where the oldest entries are removed. But I have no idea how to write code.

** No! Not another edit!! ** Placed the construct a second time in a new world with no mods active (other than the worldedit mod for placement). No problems except that two node types are from the moreblocks modpack, specifically: glass stairs and glow glass. I went up 100 nodes and it it was north of my placement location.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

There's a lot of talk about ownership of files and something called intellectual property. I spent months building the whatif construct rendering in my mind 3d from my own understanding of 2d images and childhood memories. Block by block without the digtron (didn't know how to use it for constructive purposes yet, I am so using it on all current projects). That said, I would not post the file if I did not have the intention of giving it freely to whomever wished. The only thing I would ask, perhaps post a screenshot of what became of the construct after you've made your mark (even if you nuke the thing). An unusual sort of social experiment I know, but interesting. :)

Doog

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

Have an older 32 bit windows lappy with the ram cap on it (does that cap still exist??) Tried placing the schem file into a world. It thought really hard for about 2-3 minutes and ran into the lua:30 error and subsequent world crash. The placement works on my main which is linux but not on the other which is windows. So I created a brand new world only selecting worldedit and moreblocks. Placed the schem using then linux machine. Then migrated the world folder to the windows machine which only has moreblocks and world edit installed. The world loaded and pulled up the construct without issue (albeit very very slowly and played at 2 - 4 fps). So, I then packaged that world in a zip file and have posted it for people who are using windows. Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1If1Fh4 ... sp=sharing

If someone has a strong windows computer and feels the desire to extract the construct to a windows version of mts file, have at it. Enjoy!!

Doog Out!!! 8)

zargulthewizard

Is it literally a volcano? I do not want to try this unless I know what it is first.
Why would a ache file be in mod ideas anyway?

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

@zargul: Negative, it's not a literal volcano, that's what happens afterward lol. Posting this was/is a multifaceted test. Encompasing Minetest, Mods, Ideas, Compatabilities, and continuing on a recent post of what can be done to create more social involvement (was that specifically in-game or could extra-game involvement be included, hmmm), and the ability to share ideas within the minetest community. Also, I built the construct go give it away and this seemed to be a good place. Peace :)

zargulthewizard

Well, I'll ask my real question. WHAT IS IT?

Gradual increased clarification:
What is the construct?
What is the scheme file a save of?
What would appear in Minetest if I followed your instructions (which I understand; I use worldedit saves and transfer them between worlds sometimes)?

Edit: post your blueprints here might be a better place to put some form of this.

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

My idea

by Sires » Post

The wall builder
It's a block that you put the material in it and sets the size of the wall and put some money in it(the amount per 10 blocks and the itemstring of the money should be specified at a configs file or something) and it builds a wall using the blocks inside of it, should also check protection first and have a max size for the walls(maybe 50*50) and it should be able to build the wall in any direction, X+ X- Z+ Z-, also a floor and ceiling builder that would be the Y dimension version of this block.
I don't have anything important to say.

hajo

Re: My idea

by hajo » Post

Sires wrote:you put the material in it and sets the size of the wall .. and it builds a wall
You should have a look at BasicRobots and the Digtron, see sig.

( Some programming / assembly required :)

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

Re: My idea

by Sires » Post

hajo wrote:
Sires wrote:you put the material in it and sets the size of the wall .. and it builds a wall
You should have a look at BasicRobots and the Digtron, see sig.

( Some programming / assembly required :)
Not the thing I want, I already saw that 2 mods, I want it instant because lag is in fact a problem
And I alse want it to people pay for the building
I don't have anything important to say.

DoogMitt

by DoogMitt » Post

@ Zargul, That's Great!! It's like the fellow who demanded to know what's in the present before opening. I promise these things, it is recognizable and generally enjoyed by most human kind though probably considered a pain in the rump by some humans and non-humans alike. Things of this type are generally benign when handled with care though they can make quite a mess. And if you make it yours it will be yours to do with whatever you please. If you're too skeptical to take the leap, that's ok too, I completely understand. :)

Now for the rest of it. Assembling large constructs without the aid of creative mode is an excellent challange. And though I do use mods, I try not to stray too far into unknown territory. Citing again that I am terrible with code and do not wish to risk damaging my main world. You'll have noticed the construct is based almost entirely of materials made from stone. Mine the stone for cobble -> grind the cobble for gravel -> grind the gravel for sand -> furnace the sand to glass -> add a torch for glow glass. That is the majority of the materials used. To date, I have harvested two complete mountains, two deep vertical shaft mines (the larger of which is a bit more than 50x50x1000 nodes deep), and explored/scavanged an unknown number or "natural" caverns. When working with large volumes of nodes, bulk sorting has to be a priority. And a massive shout out to whomever came up with compressed cobble, you're my hero!! :) In the early days I sorted by hand which was amazingly time consuming. Then I started learning how to manage with pipeworks tubes. Total time saver. If anyone has automated their sorting process, do you have a really big sorting tree of sorting tubes? I sure do. Wouldn't it be nice be able to sort an item group as well. Say you currently have an entry for every type of tree and leaf and sapling and flower... Is there a way to use a group filter like group:leaves or group:trunk or group:sapling or group:flower... Such a thing would totally reduce the number of components necessary in the sorting process, freeing up user space and perhaps lessening the work load of servers running sorting for multiple players.

Then there's light. I think there is a sort of standard of properties for all nodes, some turned on by default, some turned off by default, and when a node is called into existence it also relies on number of descriptive lines in the lua from which the node originates. Is it possible to further standardize node properties to one line being a string of codes which apply to the different aspects intended for a specific node. Will try to give an example:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/drive ntfs-3g quiet,defaults,locale=en_US.utf8,umask=0,noexec 0 0
This is an example of one line of code which calls into existence a drive space with all of it's expected paramaters and attributes. Is there a way to do something like this with nodes? Would it reduce the number of lines necessary to generate a node? Would it help to make it possible to edit node parameters in game without having to leave the game, modify the lua, return to the game, leave the game, modify the lua, leave.... Let's say I'm building a large construct out of stone. I am horrible at multitasking. Either I'm building a room or I'm installing lights. The two don't mix for me. So, I edited the material I was working with so that it would propegate sunlight. To save time, I just left it in that configuration until the construct was completed. Perhaps single paramaters could be modified for a single game session and to make the commit one would still have to change the lua manually. Would something like that also help save time for people who are good at designing and modifying nodes?

Doors... The only multi node door like aparatus within the standard mods I use is ghost stone. Would it be possible to have a door node in which the size, direction, opening and closing sequence could be called? Then it wouldn't matter what material node was used for the door. The same node could perhaps be used to open a hinged, hideaway, rollup type door. Is that too far fetched?

With all that said. Please Please Please understand I am NOT complaining. I LOVE MINETEST and am having the time of my life creating wonderful constructs that are pleasing to me. THANK YOU so much to all who have contributed to such an amazing journing.

Doog