Post your mod requests/ideas here

philipbenr
GitHub: philipbenr
IRC: philipbenr
In-game: robinspi

by philipbenr » Post

for a sort of multiplayer one hit-frag sorta thing?

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

philipbenr wrote:for a sort of multiplayer one hit-frag sorta thing?
Moreso that in multiplayer servers, if someone dies, there's no doubt whether or not someone killed them, or they died of their own accord. But I'm sure it could be implemented your way.

Maybe that sort of thing would be useful in a TF2-style server...
Last edited by ak399g on Tue Sep 10, 2013 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
aka SAFR

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

Yes. Have you ever played Teeworlds? If not look it up on Google images. This is what I am thinking about like on a multiplayer server

like in the top right corner?

ak399g
In-game: SAFR

by ak399g » Post

Thereabouts.
aka SAFR

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

I'll look into it. Try asking Blockmen. He did rework the hud... and I think he could do something like that.

Derp_Herpsworth

by Derp_Herpsworth » Post

Here's my ideas for mods:

*Vehicles mod: Driveable/rideable/flyable cars, motorcycles, bicycles, quadbikes, airplanes, helicopters, motorboats, submarines, trains and jet skis. Something that would be cool is car customization and painting: There could be ricers, offroaders, ratmobiles, etc... Something that would be cool for cars is fuel, car oil, damage and battery.
*Computing: Yes, i know there are computers, but i'm talking about something like ComputerCraft, but not only computers, but also SmartPhones and Tablets. And the computers could be upgradeable, a starting computer would have only one small HDD and a USB entrance for USB drives, starting monitor displays would only support a small resolution. We could upgrade the computers to have more kinds of physical media, more HDD sizes, better monitor screens, printers, LAN cables, speakers, video cards for high resolution viewing, etc... On the phones and tablets, we could change the "SD cards".
*Radio: I know there is a radio mod. But i'm talking about a real radio device where the player can listen to Online Radios and mp3/ogg/wma stored on the HDD, like SpoutCraft's JukeIt.
*Videos: There's a television device for Minetest, how about creating one compatible with YouTube (and maybe other kinds of flash websites) videos? You put the link of the video and someone else can watch with you? I saw something similar on Garry's Mod.
*Police mod: When some infraction is commited (PvP, robbing, etc...), there could have policemen to arrest criminals.

Well, these are all the ideas i have so far.
Last edited by Derp_Herpsworth on Thu Sep 12, 2013 18:02, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Equivalent Exchange 3 mod
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

derpswa99

by derpswa99 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:Equivalent Exchange 3 mod
YES!!!!!! But with the Energy Condenser, from I think Equivelant Exchange 2 from Tekkit 2

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Derp_Herpsworth wrote:*Police mod: When some infraction is commited (PvP, robbing, etc...), there could have policemen to arrest criminals.
I love that idea.

Before a player is banned, they could be hunted by police. :P

Do you mean NPC, or a player?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

kpuonyer

by kpuonyer » Post

A two-way shortwave ham radio thing would be awesome. Maybe even go realistic and have different frequencies, LSB/USB/AM/FM/CW/FSK etc. It could be crafted by making radio block, with an antenna block directly above it. You could then place this, right click on it to bring up a little box, which would allow you to set the frequency and send messages.

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

How about some sort of sword-like item that teleports the punched victim to some defined location (either to a certain placed node, or to a predefined (server-defined?) location. This would be a great help to those police mods, or for someone wanting to do a hide-and-seek or tag adventure game. Perhaps the same code could be used in a trap (step on this node, and it teleports you to that node/location)

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Neon wrote:How about some sort of sword-like item that teleports the punched victim to some defined location (either to a certain placed node, or to a predefined (server-defined?) location. This would be a great help to those police mods, or for someone wanting to do a hide-and-seek or tag adventure game. Perhaps the same code could be used in a trap (step on this node, and it teleports you to that node/location)
Like teleport arrows (do they do this?)
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

rubenwardy wrote:
Neon wrote:How about some sort of sword-like item that teleports the punched victim to some defined location (either to a certain placed node, or to a predefined (server-defined?) location. This would be a great help to those police mods, or for someone wanting to do a hide-and-seek or tag adventure game. Perhaps the same code could be used in a trap (step on this node, and it teleports you to that node/location)
Like teleport arrows (do they do this?)
No, teleport arrows just teleport the player who shot them to where the arrow landed.
Back from the dead!

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

more realms!- a special gate that makes a list of five realms that generate in different themes e.g.
dead(a world devoid of life and energy),lava (the core opened and hell came out), water(flooding),forest(maybe more tree types there) and trenzalore/gallifrey this is some ideas I know that there is moon and nether out there but they seem too (no offence) empty/pointless
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

DeepGaze wrote:more realms!- a special gate that makes a list of five realms that generate in different themes e.g.
dead(a world devoid of life and energy),lava (the core opened and hell came out), water(flooding),forest(maybe more tree types there) and trenzalore/gallifrey this is some ideas I know that there is moon and nether out there but they seem too (no offence) empty/pointless
Nadir for the nether thing, because nadir means the lowest.
synonyms: lowest point, lowest level
It isn't a ripoff of MC calling it that. (And it sounds cool and ominous)

Neon
In-game: Neon

by Neon » Post

Teleport arrows (as described by Evergreen) sound pretty shiny (but not what I was aiming at). What mod are those in?

Mossmanikin

by Mossmanikin » Post

Neon wrote:Teleport arrows (as described by Evergreen) sound pretty shiny (but not what I was aiming at). What mod are those in?
In the throwing mod.

Noob 4 life!
My stuff

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

philipbenr wrote: ---snip---
Nadir for the nether thing, because nadir means the lowest.
synonyms: lowest point, lowest level
It isn't a ripoff of MC calling it that. (And it sounds cool and ominous)
sounds cool but i think you are *forgetting* Nadir also means forgetful still a good idea for the name and it gave me an idea that the realm could be the first you find as it was forgot(find them in sequence to add adventure element)
i know this is not minecraft(hopefully never will be:-) but they have a adventure element and we seem to be missing some of that+ one of the realms could be Valhalla for when you die for a small time you are there what do you think?
minetest cards

Talkless

by Talkless » Post

I try Minetest now and then, and I feel like something could be different concerning non-creative mode gameplay, and to be more specific, the immersion.

And one problem from my personal point of view is getting to know recipes. If I haven't missed something, one can know how to craft things by:
  • Lookup at forum, wiki or mod source code. Distracting and horribly anti-immersion.
  • Use Craft Guide? This reveals/spoils everything (again, no immersion) and it feels like some kind paradox of choice :D .
  • Guess? Well, that's kinda silly.
So some ideas for mods or maybe whole game to address this, making more-survival-or-role-play-game-like rather free-to-craft creative game:

Let's say player character has a "book" (or something) of recipes that will grow in content during gameplay. It would be achieved by finding blueprints/books, or by performing "quest-like" activities that will make you "learn" or "invent" recipes. Good health, food, housing or tool requirements may bee needed to met to achieve some recipe "revelations".

Even if you personally know recipe for some item, player character may not be able to craft it until he achieved virtual knowledge in game.

Also, ores may be unrecognisable until specific knowledge is achieved. It may show "?" on ore blocks or make them hide like stone/sand/dirt block until PC is able to detect them. Or just make them pickaxe-proof...

For quest-like activities, there could be survival-story based tasks to perform, for example dig a cave with doors from leaves to hide from night monsters, build tent-like-stuff from raw wood, later - a hut, house, tower, castle..?

This could be done by showing build "target" using ghost-blocks that would represent final result. Just place "quest requirement" block somewhere, and, for example, ghost-house appears. It's like 3d blueprint. Put brick block in transparent-brick-block place, some glass blocks where it belongs, doors.. and you have a small house. Mission achieved, get some more knowledge, available recipes, etc...

I guess it's much more to be fantasized, but you get the point, I believe :) . Sadly, it's more like whole custom game built by number of mods, not a single mod request...

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

The book idea is great: maybe if you made the player buy pages/dig 5 tree blocks witch then drop a "red mese" crystal
Spoiler
(lil backstory idea: subterranean beasts were architect crafting caves and mountains that seemed normal but were fake helping store red mese crystals that they engrave with their knowledge (when struck with a pick in stone a reaction occurs destroying them). the take tree's and wear them like suits to make adjustments to the ultimate design. once they make that the cycle will end and the sky will burn sending them to the heavens as gods. so when you break the block you kill one and gain its crystal that you start to decode)
each crystal adds to the journal like a record of a story. this is only an idea but it might make it easier as a mod to bee separate an immersion hope this helps
p.s. try
viewtopic.php?id=3242
minetest cards

DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

a mod that builds a "second-life"
(a second character for the user to switch between once acquired the privilege+ring/hat/thing) this would make it easy to multi task e.g. mine and build(the miner would stay still whilst the builder is being used and visa-versa) or solve puzzles . the 2 character might be a dummy entity when unused and just placed at your coords when you are the second one. the health could be separate by changing it each time you switch ent(an ent so you dont erase maptools:lightbulb blocks for example) *I do hope if someone likes the idea they like top-hats*
minetest cards

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

there should be a map in a corner of the screen like how there is in some games
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9

carlos_rupp

by carlos_rupp » Post

Ambiental Evolution

Hi

I want to suggest a new mode with a ambiental evolution: florests grow, erosion, terremotes, etc.
The ambient chances a lot and the player have to survivor.

philipbenr

by philipbenr » Post

Element
IRC: Elementwing4962
In-game: Elementwing4962

by Element » Post

there should be a TNT that cant destroy bedrock or protection stones and what the protection stones protect
Join Me And My Team - thornfyregaming-mc.noip.me:25565

My Server Is 1.7.9