Post your mod requests/ideas here

Remusqs1
GitHub: Remusqs1
In-game: Remusqs1

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Remusqs1 » Post

Hi all, I have an idea for a mod but I have not the necessary knowledge of Lua programming to develop it. So I'm presenting my proposal here with the hope that maybe some of you can develop it:

Sometimes I need to get the tree sapling of a specific kind of tree. Of course the simplest way is to fell the tree and wait for the leaves fall, but this is not always practical. The time in which the leaves decay may vary by lag or others reasons, and when there are very large trees, trunks can be hidden somewhere and prevent the leaves fall. The other way to obtain the sapling is to put and destroy the leaves over and over and over again until you get a sapling. All these methods depend on the probability of each tree give a sapling, and you can spend a lot of time trying to get a little amount.

My idea is to create a machine in which you enter a number of leaves (may be 9 or more), and you can obtain immediately a sapling tree of the specie of the leaves that were used. For example, if jungle tree leaves are entered, it would get a jungle sapling, if apple tree leaves is entered, an apple tree sapling is obtained, and etc.

What do you think?

PD: Sorry for my english.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

That's a great idea, Remusqs! Though the electric saw in technic mod already can fell a tree and give you sapling. But it only gives one and that is not good so we need that kind of dedicated machine.
Though I'd suggest reducing the number of leaves to something like 3 to make it more worth it and also to prevent problems with less leafy trees that might come with mods.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Krock had an autodigger on his server. That machine was frequently used to turn leaves into saplings, although it just digged them normally and required frequent refilling until all leaves where finally turned into saplings. Felling huge moretree trees and setting the right probability of saplings is a big problem with trees. The normal mapgen trees work fine (unless there's considerable lag). Larger ones tend to get complicated. RealTest has a nice approach there - felling a tree removes the entire tree and turns all leaves into sticks, saplings or air.
A list of my mods can be found here.

Christian9
In-game: Christian9

by Christian9 » Post

Dogs mod

Mobs:
Pug
Labrador
Great Dane
Border Collie
German Sheppard
Husky
Rat Terrier
Boxer
Great Pyrenes

Items
Dog Treat
Dog Bone
Chew Toy
Leash???

Christian9

by Christian9 » Post

veikk0 wrote:I have an idea for a mod. It's inspired by a simple but very entertaining feature found in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Flipping people off.

The player selects an empty hotbar slot and holds down a button (the right mouse button would probably be good). While the button is held down, the player's hand is changed to a different model. For other players to be able to see it a new animation and an addition to the player model's hand would be required.

I have no knowledge of Minetest modding so I don't know if it's possible to do with a mod or if it would require changes to the engine.
I tried making a mod that made "Middle Finger" That you could hold with the wield 3d giving the illusion that your fliping someone the bird

thomasthespacefox
GitHub: ThomasTheSpaceFox
IRC: ThomasJaguar1212
In-game: thomasthespacefox

by thomasthespacefox » Post

has anyone ever thought of having a color-changing light block where digilines controls the color?
ex digiline_send("lights","BLUE") the light(s) on channel "lights" would turn the digilines light(s) blue and digiline_send("lights","OFF") would turn them off maybe? anyone want to try this? i mean i can mod in a glowing node here or some fancy node there. but making a digilines light as i described seems to be over my abilities at the moment. any help?

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

thomasthespacefox wrote:has anyone ever thought of having a color-changing light block where digilines controls the color?
ex digiline_send("lights","BLUE") the light(s) on channel "lights" would turn the digilines light(s) blue and digiline_send("lights","OFF") would turn them off maybe? anyone want to try this? i mean i can mod in a glowing node here or some fancy node there. but making a digilines light as i described seems to be over my abilities at the moment. any help?
l could make one which makes it possible to set any colour from #0000ff to #ff0000

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

thomasthespacefox

Hybrid Dog wrote:
thomasthespacefox wrote:has anyone ever thought of having a color-changing light block where digilines controls the color?
l could make one which makes it possible to set any colour from #0000ff to #ff0000
with it you could make a wall that displays a pattern, animation, or anything else you could dream up!

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

thomasthespacefox wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
with it you could make a wall that displays a pattern, animation, or anything else you could dream up!
l begun making a digiline controlled touchscreen mod but lost interest. https://github.com/HybridDog/digiline_touchscreen

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

thomasthespacefox

thomasthespacefox wrote:
Hybrid Dog wrote:
someone needs to make this!

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

thomasthespacefox wrote: someone needs to make this!
done, but you need to send the position of the nodes in the channel

[Mod] colour carrier [colour_carrier]

place the node and https://github.com/HybridDog/colour_car ... nit.lua#L4
l hope that it's not too difficult to send a signal for each coord.

Depends: default
License: WTFPL
Download: zip, tar.gz
github: colour_carrier

If you got ideas or found bugs, please tell them to me.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

thomasthespacefox

Hybrid Dog wrote:
thomasthespacefox wrote: someone needs to make this!
done, but you need to send the position of the nodes in the channel

[Mod] colour carrier [colour_carrier]

place the node and https://github.com/HybridDog/colour_car ... nit.lua#L4
l hope that it's not too difficult to send a signal for each coord.
well you would need to send a separate signal for each one for about 90 percent of the uses anyways.
ex: screen, patterns, exc.

i did have an idea for
wavelines: (analog circut component.
analog "waveform" lines in GREEN that have a number value range starting with 0 (off) and a 1 (on) with the decimals as 0.xx
the idea is that you could have:
-digilines and mese components that can be set to convert the frequency to mese and digilines signals
-mese components that can be set to emit a certain frequency when it is activated by a mese signal
-digilines component that a luacontroller would send a message to (digilines_send("wavelines1","0.85") for example) and it would emit that frequency as a wavelines signal.

what kind of uses?:
-player proximity sensor: detects players and sends the distance of the nearest player in its range (or chosen player if in range) as a wavelines signal
-wavelines light: a light that automatically changes color based on a wavelines signal "has a range of colors at different brightness.
wavelines dimmer: you enter a 0 to 1 decimal value (o.xx) and it sends that as a wavelines signal

if more than one wavelines signal is in contact then the value will be the sum but not higher than 1 if higher than 1 the wavelines value will be 1.

amadin

by amadin » Post

Add gravel undeground and stone with different tint.

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

InfinityProject wrote:Since many people clutter the forums with topics of ideas I made a place to post your ideas.
EDIT: Different idea, have a way to implement skins, like voxelands, where you simply choose it ingame, but the server does not need a mod (player_textures, etc.) installed
Last edited by wilkgr76 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 22:33, edited 1 time in total.
N/A

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Client side Lua has been discussed at length (for example, here and here). There may be other discussions around.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

wilkgr76
GitHub: wilkgr76

by wilkgr76 » Post

kaeza wrote:Client side Lua has been discussed at length (for example, here and here). There may be other discussions around.
Oh.
/me clears throat and backs out quietly
* wilkgr has left the room
N/A

SAMIAMNOT
In-game: notanewbie

by SAMIAMNOT » Post

I would love to have a mod where when you look around your head moves too, like in Minecraft.
I test mines.

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

That exists, its called [playeranim]

the sad thing is, with Irrlicht, there is not proper bone animation, so animating the head with smooth animations can be difficult...

A friend and I are developing a mobs mod based off of BlockHead's [creatures] mod, with the concept that the api is one mod, and the mobs are other mods. I would love to have some help with that...

phsycoslasher2000
In-game: lolman

by phsycoslasher2000 » Post

mod idea:godzilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

phsycoslasher2000 wrote:mod idea:godzilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be an easy way to greif but really cool.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here

Christian9

by Christian9 » Post

phsycoslasher2000 wrote:mod idea:godzilla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ON IT!(I'm actually doing it has we speak, Im posting with my phone)

Tedypig
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear

by Tedypig » Post

I have an idea for a mod, or maybe even a new part to the default game. Things cause damage. Example: If you get hit by a cart, you get hurt. If you get squashed between a mesecons:piston and a hard place (or another mesecons:piston) you get hurt. If you get hit by a car, hovercraft, boat, or anything else I forgot, you get hurt. The damage for each thing could be adjustable, between 1HP to instant death. Also, some others, sand/gravel that falls on you hurts you. I think this has been missing for the longest time, and would love to see it. Ideas?

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

Tedypig wrote:[…]Also, some others, sand/gravel that falls on you hurts you.[…]
thanks for the idea, l added it to the falling_extras mod:
https://github.com/HybridDog/falling_ex ... 071160ad77

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

NoxEranya

decor, useful things and traps

by NoxEranya » Post

Hi. I can't mod to save my life. But, I love to build, and right now I'm doing a very spooky mansion and found I don't have a lot of choice. So, here are my ideas.

Wall decorations: Things like swords, shields, and terminals that can be attached to a wall for better immersion.

Spooky: Things like blood splatters, weapons, those hunter head thingies, and skeletons. Manacles too. It would make creating dungeons and prisons so much cooler. Maybe some mystic circles, runes and the like for that secret witch's cave or warlock's lair. For those, glowing colors would be awesome.

Futuristic: Terminals, similar to those on the walls in star trek. Wouldn't have to be functional at all, but would look awesome if you've just built something like an underground governmental escape route or something. Perhaps something similar to blood splatter, but in different colors to symbolize aliens.

Militaryesque: Decals, pointing the way to something, or naming a bulkhead. something to signify weapons fire, too. Maybe symbols for some made-up military branches to make things realistic.

Traps: I know we have spikes from the spykes mod, but there are other things that could be done too. Maybe some of the old egyptian style traps. I have a few ideas for this.

Explosive tile: similar to how the itemframe works, create an explosive (yield being different depending on materials used) that, when the tile it is attached to is stepped on, explodes.

Impaling Tile: Similar, but instead of exploding, have a spear shoot up from something similar to an arrow slit.

Drop tile: A section of floor would fall away into a pit or the previous floor when stepping on a center tile.

Arrow wall thingie: That one thing where arrows come out of walls. Not sure what it's called.

One way tiles/doors: Tiles or doors set up so that once you enter the room, the door then becomes 'locked' and you can't leave.

More Doors: The current doors can be good, especially the mydoors mod. But there isn't enough variety for everything. Futuristic doors, for example, would be good. Maybe shroud doors, that would look like the glass from the 'stainedglass' mod, that has all the pretty glowing colors. What I would really love, again, would act similar to the itemframe mod, where you could take a base 'door', embed the specific material you want, and come out with a camouflaged wall that would open the same as a regular door.

Spawner nodes: I think this might be complicated or break the games engine, but maybe some animals or npc's, and a new craft machine that will imbue a block of your choice with the ability to spawn that entity. (maybe something like machine (Mob+block)= Spawner, where the spawned entity can randomly travel within a given space.

cloth: an item, with craft recipes. This would be incredibly useful for curtains, which are in turn essential for good houses. It would be basic white, but you could use unified dyes to change the color and hue, similar to the way bricks work. You could even use a machine to select certain patterns. Dye once for base coat, then, select a pattern and another dye color and you have a unique curtain :) This could also be expanded to other things if someone is adventurous enough.

decorations: things that go beyond lamps and toilets (though we do need new bathtubs, in both modern and old fashioned versions. Showers too for modern apartment buildings.) Sculptures, vases, etc for modern. Different bottles etc. that could be used as either potions of perfume depneding on application. Little things to make a place look more at home.

Like I said, i can't mod. Just thought i'd throw my ideas out there, and see if anyone bored enough wants to give it a go.

Don
GitHub: DonBatman
IRC: Batman
In-game: Batman

by Don » Post

Give me some descriptions of doors and I will add them to mydoors.
Many of my mods are now a part of Minetest-mods. A place where you know they are maintained!

A list of my mods can be found here