Post your mod requests/ideas here

Josh

by Josh » Post

Would it be possible to have air raids? We could have TNT falling from the sky and detonating when they hit the ground. Followed by an Air raid siren. Is this possible? (It would be good for a WW2 adventure map, or an action map.)

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:could someone make a mod that adds mud and dry mud. i want to build a quick shelter but dirt just doesnt seem sensible so i thought why not mud. Then i remembered this game doesnt have mud. the one thing that it must have is a easy recipe that you can make from the begining
has anyone taken up this project. also mud would be like a liquid that you either have to cook ar place on dry land to get dry mud.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

rarkenin

by rarkenin » Post

Josh wrote:Would it be possible to have air raids? We could have TNT falling from the sky and detonating when they hit the ground. Followed by an Air raid siren. Is this possible? (It would be good for a WW2 adventure map, or an action map.)
Dropping TNT from high area would be a problem due to the fact that chunks in between may be unloaded.
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.

VoidLord

by VoidLord » Post

I think i have some ideas:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4518
(Sorry I'm new :P)
Last edited by VoidLord on Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:11, edited 1 time in total.
</randomtextcrap>
</forumposthing>
</body>
</html>
/0

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

How about a dig dug mod that adds mobs that die in 1hit and float at you through dig dug ore
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

How about a mod that spawns a kingdom near first spawn?
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

jojoa1997 wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:could someone make a mod that adds mud and dry mud. i want to build a quick shelter but dirt just doesnt seem sensible so i thought why not mud. Then i remembered this game doesnt have mud. the one thing that it must have is a easy recipe that you can make from the begining
has anyone taken up this project. also mud would be like a liquid that you either have to cook ar place on dry land to get dry mud.
I was working on this, got a TON of progress done on it..... AND
My SD card corrupted itself, lost a ton of work files, and all my in-progress mod files.

SUPER PISSED.

I'll get around to finishing this soon.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:
jojoa1997 wrote:
I was working on this, got a TON of progress done on it..... AND
My SD card corrupted itself, lost a ton of work files, and all my in-progress mod files.

SUPER PISSED.

I'll get around to finishing this soon.
thanks
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Be warned, this version of mud is highly erosive, and if left alone, can dig a massive cave system, littering it with dirt.

Fortunately, this erosive mud can only be achived by letting flowing sandmud (found at the edges of bodies of water) contact dirt.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Be warned, this version of mud is highly erosive, and if left alone, can dig a massive cave system, littering it with dirt.

Fortunately, this erosive mud can only be achived by letting flowing sandmud (found at the edges of bodies of water) contact dirt.
what types of mud are there. and can they dry into blocks.
Last edited by jojoa1997 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

Mud: HIGHLY EROSIVE: dries into dirt. is capable of adding more source blocks to itself, and will spread as far as it possibly can. If controlled, can dig out areas for you, without you having to do it yourself.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

Mud: HIGHLY EROSIVE: dries into dirt. is capable of adding more source blocks to itself, and will spread as far as it possibly can. If controlled, can dig out areas for you, without you having to do it yourself.
could you make it dry into like a hardened mud cause my idea was to get mud and then dry it to make a harder dirt.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

I could. I only use dirt ATM because the mud is just a darker texture of the dirt.
The main thing I aim to do with this is to make it a controlled mining/large-area-terraforming tool, with disasterous consquences if used improperly. >:D

Uploading a demo vid ATM
Last edited by Traxie21 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 01:47, edited 1 time in total.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:I could. I only use dirt ATM because the mud is just a darker texture of the dirt.
The main thing I aim to do with this is to make it a controlled mining/large-area-terraforming tool, with disasterous consquences if used improperly. >:D

Uploading a demo vid ATM
awsome +10
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Traxie21

by Traxie21 » Post

Vid didn't upload properly.

I can't work on this today, but I'll try to make a release by Monday.

Its both fun and annoying, I keep running into problems that are so easy to fix, but I invent complicated solutions that only half-work.

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

can someone someone make a mod that allows you to choose the seed when in the client
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hello,
my idea - mod that download (only yours) buildings (from multiplayer) to pc, so you can save your work, and use it in singleplayer :)
(because everything what you see is loaded to pc, so we need script on client side that save your work)
Is it possible?
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Could be done using worldedit. But the server would have to install the mod.

neko259

by neko259 » Post

Mod request: mod package manager.

You have a file named repos.list which contains mod repository links list. Mod repositories can be rsync, git, mercurial etc. A repository is a folder with some files named: modname.mod

Example modname.mod:

Code: Select all

name=Mod name
description=Some mod
min_minetest_version=0.4.1234
max_minetest_version=0.4.4634
depends=default,flowers,othermod
src=http://link_to_mod_folder
And you have some modmanager.sh script with search, info, install, remove commands. I would implement that by myself but I don't have enough time for this.

I think you already understood I stole the idea from portage, but simplified it a bit :)
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Traxie21 wrote:Sandmud: WIP, dosnt do much ATM.

when will you make a topic with a release
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AspireMint wrote: my idea - mod that download (only yours) buildings (from multiplayer) to pc, so you can save your work, and use it in singleplayer :)
That would be great! Right now, we could write a mod that works on the server and sends the area e.g. via email or loads it up somewhere. The client has the data about the nodes somewhere. Big problem here: How do you select which area you want to be saved? Also it might be intresting if the client would cache received chunks so that they are present the next time the client connects and only changed chunks have to be sent again. That might make it easier to view huge areas and save bandwith.
A list of my mods can be found here.

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

I mean mode only on client side. (but then its cheating? :S)
- "How do you select which area you want to be saved?"
by walking :) , so everythink what you see (and its yours = you are owner of land) will be automatically saved to your pc.
start/stop recording: with command?
"Truth hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts."

"There's 🧁for you, 🧁for me, 🧁for sale, 🧁for free"

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!" ― Maurice Moss

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

AspireMint wrote: - "How do you select which area you want to be saved?"
by walking :) , so everythink what you see (and its yours = you are owner of land) will be automatically saved to your pc.
start/stop recording: with command?
Saving everything might be possible. Local commands don't work with the current LUA interface. And your client has no idea which land you own :-) It's something that needs to be done at the c++ level.
Some people seem to have modified their clients so that they can more or less fly without the fly priv.
A list of my mods can be found here.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

neko259 wrote:Mod request: mod package manager.

You have a file named repos.list which contains mod repository links list. Mod repositories can be rsync, git, mercurial etc. A repository is a folder with some files named: modname.mod

Example modname.mod:

name=Mod name
description=Some mod
And you have some modmanager.sh script with search, info, install, remove commands. I would implement that by myself but I don't have enough time for this.

I think you already understood I stole the idea from portage, but simplified it a bit :)
The min_... and max_minetest_version can't be done, but i made one.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=618
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

sfan5 wrote:
neko259 wrote:Mod request: mod package manager.

Example modname.mod:

name=Mod name
description=Some mod

The min_... and max_minetest_version can't be done, but i made one.
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=618
There is also a simple bash (linux) mod installer and windows mod installer I've done:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4459 (bash)
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4477 (windows)
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)