Post your mod requests/ideas here

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

1)Hyperchest: has unlimited supply of all blocks available but only opens to players with the privilege
2)loneliness: you are invisible to other players for a limited period of time, whilst invisible no detectors will sense you. (admin players can still see yo due to a privilege.
3)ups and down: your personal gravity works backward for a limited time allowing you to walk on the celing.
4)slap:ensures the community at-least read and conceder mod requests.
Spoiler
number four is said with intense sarcasm, dispute the lack of consideration given by some modders
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

DeepGaze wrote:4)slap:ensures the community at-least read and conceder mod requests.
The community reads and considers the requests, but most of those are not doable in the current circumstances (for example, your 2nd point), or already covered by other mods (unified_inventory already your 1st point, except for the chest).

Edit: In other cases, the request is way too much, or so easily done that it may be a good exercise for the person requesting it as an introduction to programming.

In any case, this is a request thread, not a "this mod is required" thread. If somebody finds a project interesting, they will make it. If not, your best bet is to do it yourself.
Last edited by kaeza on Fri Jan 17, 2014 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

note the spoiler underneath reads:
number four is said with intense sarcasm, dispute the lack of consideration given by some modders
this was said as a simple joke. please view it as such.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

flamedude125

by flamedude125 » Post

Can you make a mod that adds in guns and more weapons

Zheath

by Zheath » Post

Hardcore mod:A mod that allow you to play in hardcore mod.You only have 1 life and the only way to regen health is to make golden apple.Apple with 8 gold ingots around it.For singleplayer

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

Ban Hammer: an uncraftable tool that the admin can use to hit a destructive user resulting in a ban.

I could do this mod myself, but I have no clue where to begin.
Last edited by CWz on Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:20, edited 1 time in total.
I am CWz on the following servers: VanessaE's servers. If you see CWz on server other then those then chances are it's a Fake. you can contact me on irc.freenode.net or by PM if you are not sure

t3tNU9hNyeSJxFOmM5fmtGxlfoJrcBCg

RHR
GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Post

CWz wrote:Ban Hammer: an uncraftable tool that the admin can use to hit a destructive user resulting in a ban
+1

CWz
GitHub: chaoswormz
IRC: CWz
In-game: CWz

by CWz » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
CWz wrote:Ban Hammer: an uncraftable tool that the admin can use to hit a destructive user resulting in a ban.

I think it's easy to do
Unfortunately I don't know how to mod. all I can do is make tools and register ores and nodes.
I am CWz on the following servers: VanessaE's servers. If you see CWz on server other then those then chances are it's a Fake. you can contact me on irc.freenode.net or by PM if you are not sure

t3tNU9hNyeSJxFOmM5fmtGxlfoJrcBCg

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

CWz wrote:Ban Hammer: an uncraftable tool that the admin can use to hit a destructive user resulting in a ban.

/ban <destructive_player>. the hammer has been laid. now if it did a temporary ban, that increased each time they were hit, that may be better. it could start with a three day be, followed by one week, followed by one month, follow by a permanent ban. just an idea to improve on the idea.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

timontreduffie

by timontreduffie » Post

can someone. make a starwars mod with droids and claones and jedis spaceships and planets

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

Can someone make a checkpoint mod? This would be useful if the player dies but can respawn at the last checkpoint they touched/walked through.
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Gambit wrote:Can someone make a checkpoint mod? This would be useful if the player dies but can respawn at the last checkpoint they touched/walked through.

Code: Select all

checkpoints = {}

minetest.register_on_dieplayer(function(player)
    if checkpoints[player:get_player_name()] ~= nil then
        player:setpos(checkpoints[player:get_player_name()])
        minetest.chat_send_player(player:get_player_name(), 'You have been respawned at a checkpoint.', false)
        return true
    end
    return false
end)

-- Usage:
--  set checkpoint
--   checkpoints['gambit'] = {x=1, y=33, z=7}
--  delete checkpoint
--   checkpoints['gambit'] = nil
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Gambit

by Gambit » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Gambit wrote:Can someone make a checkpoint mod? This would be useful if the player dies but can respawn at the last checkpoint they touched/walked through.

checkpoints = {}

minetest.register_on_dieplayer(function(player)
    if checkpoints[player:get_player_name()] ~= nil then
        player:setpos(checkpoints[player:get_player_name()])
        minetest.chat_send_player(player:get_player_name(), 'You have been respawned at a checkpoint.', false)
        return true
    end
    return false
end)

-- Usage:
--  set checkpoint
--   checkpoints['gambit'] = {x=1, y=33, z=7}
--  delete checkpoint
--   checkpoints['gambit'] = nil
What am I suppose to do with this? This is why I asked in the 'Request' thread and not the 'Mod Questions' thread. Lol
Current Projects: MineToon | PixelBOX
Gambit's Checkmate Server - 43.65.296.232 - port: 30001

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Gambit wrote:What am I suppose to do with this? This is why I asked in the 'Request' thread and not the 'Mod Questions' thread. Lol
There you go
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

timontreduffie

by timontreduffie » Post

no one cares about trees unless its for building or decor wat we need is stuff like un-laggy vehicles and guns and complex machines or dinosaurs if u like my ideas contact me for more info so u can make it . thx!!!! my email is timontreduffie@Gmail.com thx!!!

Novacain

by Novacain » Post

My idea on how to change the way vehicles operate: from what I can tell from my observation using the vehicles is that you place an object, then move the object, which moves you. it creates a laggy interface as you use it though. my idea was this: what if instead of the object moving you, you become the object? the HUD could change to represent the controls of the device, seeing as how you can't really place blocks while in a vehicle.

when you enter the vehicle it can trigger a few changes to how the player moves through the environment. things like the jumpheight, speed, whether fly is enable, etc. I figured this approach to it would reduce the lag on the user end, and enable a much smother movement through the world. as for how it renders, would it be possible to make it so that when "in" the vehicle, it changes the charater model so that the character shows up as someone inside said vehicle?

It is debatable as to whether this is entirely possible with the current API, but I think that the API should be modified so that this could be used.

I really hope these ideas work, and help create a better vehicle system for the coding in the game.
EXTERMINATE!!!
My Tronrealm modpack
My tronblocks mod

RHR
GitHub: RHRhino

by RHR » Post

Hi everyone!
I tried to create a 4x2 workbench, but I've some troubles with "on_rightclick" --> "minetest.show_formspec"
Could someone please help me here:

minetest.register_node("workbench:workbench", {
    description = "Workbench",
    tiles = {"workbench.png"},
    groups = {choppy=3,flammable=3},
    sounds = default.node_sound_wood_defaults(),
-- ???    on_rightclick = function()
-- ???    minetest.show_formspec()
-- ???        "size[8,7;]"
-- ???        "list[current_player;craft;0,0;4,2;]"
-- ???        "list[current_player;craftpreview;7,0;1,1;]"
-- ???        "list[current_player;main;0,4;8,4;]"

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

viewtopic.php?id=2434 ~= viewtopic.php?id=4668

btw, you need to use:

on_rightclick = function(pos, clicker)
minetest.show_formspec(PLAYER, FORMSPEC_NAME, FORMSPEC)
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

falsegrayburger
In-game: naro

by falsegrayburger » Post

I requested dungeon mod!

Block to be spawn in the MOB Mese signal, door-powered signal Mese
Key to open the door!

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

pandaro
GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Post

sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

My idea was about setting custom keys, so it's possible to give them to someone else (to share a chest).
But the other person does not know the code/password of the key (Because it's stored in metadata)

The bad point in this: Hacked/modified clients could(?) get the metadata and clone the key until everybody has a key to open that chest.

Therefore I though, the owner (/placer) of the chest could be able ato change the required key to get into that chest.
A bit complicated to describe, but I'll try to create that mod self :)

pandaro
GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Post

Krock wrote:
My idea was about setting custom keys, so it's possible to give them to someone else (to share a chest).
But the other person does not know the code/password of the key (Because it's stored in metadata)

The bad point in this: Hacked/modified clients could(?) get the metadata and clone the key until everybody has a key to open that chest.

Therefore I though, the owner (/placer) of the chest could be able ato change the required key to get into that chest.
A bit complicated to describe, but I'll try to create that mod self :)
Have you tried my mod?
He adds metadata to a chest, which is a code.
At the same time gives you a key.
You can also create copies of the key to give to whoever you want.
You do not need to have the keys in hand to open the chest, just have them in your inventory.
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde

Krock
Developer

by Krock » Post

pandaro wrote:Have you tried my mod?
He adds metadata to a chest, which is a code.
At the same time gives you a key.
You can also create copies of the key to give to whoever you want.
You do not need to have the keys in hand to open the chest, just have them in your inventory.
No, sorry I haven't tried it yet.
Whatever, I was bored and made a raw-mod, some optinal textures missing, but else it seems to work fine.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Krock wrote: Therefore I though, the owner (/placer) of the chest could be able ato change the required key to get into that chest.
With my locks mod you can do that. The chest "knows" who is allowed to access it. Specific keys for specific chests are IMHO too impractical for daily use.
A list of my mods can be found here.