Post your mod requests/ideas here

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

kylet115 wrote:you should make one with alot of decorative items like beds,sofas,tvs,tables, and alot of stuff in that nature.
3d fornature
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

aldobr

by aldobr » Post

Neon lights

Three superglow glass horizontally => Neon tube

On a 8x8 table, form letters by placing neon tubes (I believe 8x8 is the minimium ammount of pixels able to represent each letter in roman alphabet).

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

aldobr wrote:Neon lights

Three superglow glass horizontally => Neon tube

On a 8x8 table, form letters by placing neon tubes (I believe 8x8 is the minimium ammount of pixels able to represent each letter in roman alphabet).
There's a mod that goes a bit into that direction:
http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3260

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

A book you can write in so you can leave longer messages or explain the rates of a shop.
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests

RAPHAEL

by RAPHAEL » Post

Chinchow wrote:A book you can write in so you can leave longer messages or explain the rates of a shop.
+1 was thinking of this just last night
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

mauvebic wrote:Cannibalism - kinda like super-lite farming - though youre harvesting and eating other players. Soylent Greentest :-)
:O
My mods: The Nether | Doctor Who (WIP)

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

How about some one makes 3d entities with api and instead of having villages spawn (at first) we build a village with village and they spawn on it slowly.

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Chinchow wrote:How about some one makes 3d entities with api and instead of having villages spawn (at first) we build a village with village and they spawn on it slowly.
Good idea, but how would they detect a village?

I have quit minetest ... again. I am heavily unimpressed by both the game and the community.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

They wouldnt in my idea unless a modder could think of a way but that would be interesting wouldnt it? to find villagers a hundred blocks away from a village?

lkjoel

by lkjoel » Post

Chinchow wrote:They wouldnt in my idea unless a modder could think of a way but that would be interesting wouldnt it? to find villagers a hundred blocks away from a village?
yes it would... sort of like human friendly mobs...

mauvebic

by mauvebic » Post

doable:
either make a list of non-natural nodes and have them spawn on top
or use join_player and minetest.after to sticky to players :-)
Last edited by mauvebic on Fri Dec 07, 2012 00:13, edited 1 time in total.

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

hi, can someone make a mod that lets some people on a server be in creative mode, and some in survival mode. possible like a command: /gamemode [creative/survival]
thanks
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

Josh

by Josh » Post

What about solar lights, they are obviously possible (Because of solar panels in mesecons)

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

Anti-protector:
You can not place protectors or locked things within a certain radius.

To create some free space instead of locked down private areas.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Josh wrote:What about solar lights, they are obviously possible (Because of solar panels in mesecons)
mesecon light next to a panel?
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

panels - like from hdblocks mod, but 16x16 and really thin and only add top, bottom and side
simple|!
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

frenchfan=binou

by frenchfan=binou » Post

Hello, please, is there a function and or a module Minetest, Minecraft, which scans all external mods (= add-ons / modules), in addition to what is available by default in the base game (without modules) and directly displays that can be manufactured without having to find what and how. The same kind of table on minecraft xbox in fact ?! thank you very much in advance.

Yes, please, that one or more great dev (woman(s) or man(s)) provides that, if there is not yet currently this function, the table shows that all the can be made and how, +or- (but best as possible) as the xbox. Thank you, please, always.

In all modules and in the base game (with or without modules here), readable by the function and or special module, you need to add tags (( < / explanatory:en-US > )) around to the explanatory text, of what this object is, how to make it in the workshop (crafting table) and how to use it, (with management languages translation, and in to files standardized to provide the translated text, otherwise english by default, but the tree (the structure to add translations) should be there already in place), and to retrieve other information about objects that can be made it in the crafting table (such as what resources are needed). For "what resources are needed", the code can be scanned but it would be better to have tags dedicated to accelerate research that can be produced when opening the workshop. Thank you in advance for improvements.

(It lacks a graphical system to modify all configuration files (as i see it is often necessary to modify the files to activate an option or otherwise), the same idea of compatibility and be able to read external modules for the workshop (crafting table) :

- 1a) There should have a window like the Windows Notepad (like theme xp) ;
- 1b) At right (reading a special file containing all the possibilities for the current file, and also reading all special file of the modules may contain a change to the current file), such as vertical tabs that are in fact each of them, an available line (the name of an option tag) in the file open on the left.
- 1b=>) * Each lines at right or tabs should have a drop down menu with multiple choices, with the help and explanation (with a translation) of each attribute / value data and there would have a button to add or remove the option.
- 1b=-=>) - If possible, with a system of sorts to find out which options are placed on the lines.
- 1b=>) * Should be able to undo / redo the last action (with tracking, for see, what is going to be canceled (undo) / redo again) and see if something has changed (Apply button grayed out as nothing is changed).
- 1c) The end of the line (carriage return) Linux / Windows to be processed automatically and also correctly.

Thank you tremendously please.)

/!\ The advantage with the game minetest is that we are not obliged to register and have internet !

Minecraft : https://minecraft.net/download
Download Minetest : http://minetest.net/download.php

dise

by dise » Post

markveidemanis wrote:hi, can someone make a mod that lets some people on a server be in creative mode, and some in survival mode. possible like a command: /gamemode [creative/survival]
thanks
+1

Kryuko

by Kryuko » Post

Hi.
Can someone make tpa mod?
In minecraft, the tpa is a teleport for the normal users, when someone using tpa for teleporting to another user, this user receive one teleport request, he can accept the teleport or decline.

Can someone make it please?

4aiman

by 4aiman » Post

I've found some topic about the "fun" (http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4050) and want to expand the griefing theme.
The main point of some users was that protection make it impossible to come an conquer some area like it happened in the real history - with the destruction of the buildings and so on. I do NOT appreciate griefing, but that topic make me think that it could be some fun in griefing IF:
- each player by placing any block obtains exlusive rights to the area around that block (placed block + one block around that);
- if the area is taken allready, the player should get a mesage of that very fact;
- the owner of that area should be notified that he have a message, asking for building on his territory;
- there were protection of the buildings made by currently offline players;
- the buildings must be destroyable only when their owner can protect them e.g. when he or she is online;
- there should be parties or "home city" identification and that should be displayed near the nickname;
- only parties that has declared "war" to each other could grief each other's buildings;
- only councilium of all party members may decide to declare a war;
- war would be declared when no less than 70% is for it;
- those, who was against the war should have a chance to switch their parties (but not for any of that which would be at war with their current);
- those, who was against the war should have a chance to create a new party;
- those, who was against the war must be able to live in ther houses undisturbed, but if they would go outside - they can get killed - a war is a war, jus consider neutral citizen house=bunker ;)

I believe with that implemented some people would enjoy it ;)
Last edited by 4aiman on Sun Dec 23, 2012 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

4aiman wrote:I've found some topic about the "fun" (http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4050) and want to expand the griefing theme.
The main point of some users was that protection make it impossible to come an conquer some area like it happened in the real history - with the destruction of the buildings and so on. I do NOT appreciate griefing, but that topic make me think that it could be some fun in griefing IF:
- each player by placing any block obtains exlusive rights to the area around that block (placed block + one block around that);
- if the area is taken allready, the player should get a mesage of that very fact;
- the owner of that area should be notified that he have a message, asking for building on his territory;
- there were protection of the buildings made by currently offline players;
- the buildings must be destroyable only when their owner can protect them e.g. when he or she is online;
- there should be parties or "home city" identification and that should be displayed near the nickname;
- only parties that has declared "war" to each other could grief each other's buildings;
- only councilium of all party members may decide to declare a war;
- war would be declared when no less than 70% is for it;
- those, who was against the war should have a chance to switch their parties (but not for any of that which would be at war with their current);
- those, who was against the war should have a chance to create a new party;
- those, who was against the war must be able to live in ther houses undisturbed, but if they would go outside - they can get killed - a war is a war, jus consider neutral citizen house=bunker ;)

I believe with that implemented some people would enjoy it ;)
Good idea! no idea how to code it...
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

tux_peng

by tux_peng » Post

Change player model, like MineLittlePony

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/748 ... -pony-v01/
Servers now up (Economy, no PvP) Forum up already! http://tuxcraft.info

jmf

by jmf » Post

tux_peng: you can make a new player model easily.
If the server has got this model, every player uses it.
Add textures to it and you have got your pony mod.
Last edited by jmf on Wed Dec 26, 2012 13:03, edited 1 time in total.
No longer active in minetest.

Maro

by Maro » Post

A Mobs (creepers and villagers) mod and an Armor mod.

Chinchow

by Chinchow » Post

Maro wrote:A Mobs (creepers and villagers) mod and an Armor mod.
There is 2D mobs mod and a 3d npc mod as for armor Nubelite made one although you can't see it on your player btw creepers are from minecraft if you want minecraft things go play minecraft