Post your mod requests/ideas here

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Post

Hello guys,

we have some great mods here like the car mod or the boat mod (thanks PilzAdam :) ).

But what about an airplane mod? (a plane for more than one person i think will be greate like a Boeing 747)

And a elevator mod would be greate too, maybe big enougth to transport the boeing with it (I know it is always in the treat)
Last edited by musicfreak34 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 19:32, edited 1 time in total.
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

Shizaku

by Shizaku » Post

can someone make me a rune mod pack something for a really cool stonehenge im makeing. i would like to put a circle around it all runes just a stone backround if you can.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

musicfreak34 wrote:Hello guys,

we have some great mods here like the car mod or the boat mod (thanks PilzAdam :) ).

But what about an airplane mod? (a plane for more than one person i think will be greate like a Boeing 747)

And a elevator mod would be greate too, maybe big enougth to transport the boeing with it (I know it is always in the treat)
Well, there's a "UFO" mod that provides...well...an Unidentified Flying Object :)
Maybe that can be slightly modified to achieve controls more like a plane.
Shizaku wrote:can someone make me a rune mod pack something for a really cool stonehenge im makeing. i would like to put a circle around it all runes just a stone backround if you can.
That would be relatively easy to do: just make it so when placing a node, eight pillars/runes/whatever are placed as well in a quasi circular pattern. I'd do that myself...once I get some inspiration to do something :)
Last edited by kaeza on Thu Feb 28, 2013 19:13, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

kbobdc3

by kbobdc3 » Post

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
make an undo/redo mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not stupid, I'm weak minded

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

kbobdc3 wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
make an undo/redo mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
err...rollback?
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

Please tell me how to installing mod on windows,, am from indonesia,, and i want make server for indonesian people,, because me and my friend can play in the other server,, there problem is about language, can talk with other user in other country,,, thank for the help,, peace from indonesia to u all
Just play game and want have a friend

Sorry my bad english

prestidigitator

by prestidigitator » Post

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

am was do that step by step,, but stell wont work in my server,,, am using windows,, am place mods on they suggestion folder,, but in game if i play not respone,, unknown empty item,,, that same if am added texture or mods

Sorry my bad english

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

rulion.burg wrote:
am was do that step by step,, but stell wont work in my server,,, am using windows,, am place mods on they suggestion folder,, but in game if i play not respone,, unknown empty item,,, that same if am added texture or mods
No load error, but also no response. Did you only move / copy the mods to or did you extract / unzip the mods into the minetest folder ?

I (OS Lubuntu 12.10) extract / unzip them into:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest

There is standard a file in that folder / directory: mods_here.txt Ignore that one, but at least you know it is the right directory / folder

Example installed moreores mod:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest/moreores

rulion.burg

by rulion.burg » Post

Topywo wrote:
rulion.burg wrote:
No load error, but also no response. Did you only move / copy the mods to or did you extract / unzip the mods into the minetest folder ?

I (OS Lubuntu 12.10) extract / unzip them into:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest

There is standard a file in that folder / directory: mods_here.txt Ignore that one, but at least you know it is the right directory / folder

Example installed moreores mod:

/home/topywo/celeron55-minetest-30b9a4d-test/mods/minetest/moreores

its work now... thank you all, am yesterday wrong put the file on other folder /minetest/mods, yes is wrong, so am tried to move the mod in folder /minetest/games/minetest_games/mods/ in here i paste the mod, and now work for my world...

sorry for my bad english, peace to you all from indonesia

am not use ubuntu, am using windows dekstop

Sorry my bad english

ch98

by ch98 » Post

is it possible to make coal driven force field?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

I don't think so...but it maybe possble if, do so work in the, API.
ch98 wrote:is it possible to make coal driven force field?
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Inocudom wrote:It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.
Something like this ;-) ? Or more mixed colors, different shapes of the lightsource (I guess with nodebox) or blend colors?

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Topywo wrote:
Inocudom wrote:It would be nice if Minetest had multicolored lights.
Something like this ;-) ? Or more mixed colors, different shapes of the lightsource (I guess with nodebox) or blend colors?

I was thinking more like the light being given of being of different colors.

Topywo

by Topywo » Post

Inocudom wrote:
I was thinking more like the light being given of being of different colors.
Okay, I understand what you mean. Something for C++ I guess.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.

Likwid H-Craft

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Inocudom wrote:I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.
and lava :)
I am going see, I can make it work.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

Regarding light, there ought to be a way to create light sources that give off more light than the current max. It takes a lot of light sources to light a building. Sometimes it feels as if you have to plaster half the ceiling...
A list of my mods can be found here.

Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:
Inocudom wrote:I would imagine Minetest's engine being capable of colored environment lighting if given the proper coding. For example, nighttime lighting and torch lighting give off different colors of light. Colored environment lighting would make mods like bobblocks and homedecor more interesting.
I was thinking that lava and flames could give off an orange glow, but with lava being brighter.
Last edited by Inocudom on Mon Mar 04, 2013 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

cactuz_pl

by cactuz_pl » Post

Inocudom wrote:
Likwid H-Craft wrote:
I was thinking that lava and flames could give off an orange glow, but with lava being brighter.
and green glowing mushrooms
Nope

jojoa1997

by jojoa1997 » Post

Could someone make a mod that adds a biome definer. Like plant_libs but for the entire ground.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

J0nnJ0nes

by J0nnJ0nes » Post

*GravityWorks
-Gravity Field - 0 G (momentum preserved, semi-transparent, does NOT suffocate)
-Gravity Field - Directional (semi-transparent, does NOT suffocate, maybe a config menu to set the speed of the field?)
-Solid forcefield (semi-transparent, does NOT suffocate)
-Slowfield (semi-transparent, slows movement in all directions, like cobweb, does NOT suffocate)
-Shockfield (Slowfield + damage every few seconds or continuous; semi-transparent lava that doesn't flow, does NOT suffocate)
-Jump Pads (all angles ... maybe enter angle in a config menu)
-Elastic water (contact with water [gelatin more like] causes you to bounce; in essence, very excessive buoyancy)
-Parachute (use to slow vertical movement)
-Glider (use to slow vertical movement, accelerate lateral movement)
-Overall Map Gravity Setting?

As for the next part, bear with me, it only seems complex because I've tried to think it through thoroughly. If anyone can implement even one part of it, please go ahead and give it a shot. Really it's not just a mod, but a game. Yeah, a very far reach, but it sure would be fun to play.

*Command and Conquer Mod:
-Self-constructing structures from Construction Boxes (ConBox). See Maze mod: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2814
-Buildings such as Powerplants, Tiberium Refinery, etc. are self-constructing using Construction Boxes. Place the appropriate Construction Box (eg. a Powerplant Construction Box), then fill the box with the necessary amounts of the resources specified (eg. 256 Iron, 100 Copper, etc.) and the ConBox will automatically start constructing the building at a set rate. The ConBox also checks the integrity of the structure built, which determines the structure's functionality (eg. Power Plant < 50% integrity, decreases power output; War Factory < 50% integrity, decreases rate of vehicle production; etc.).
-The ConBox must be placed within a set range of another ConBox. Only the Construction Yard ConBox can be placed without being in range of another ConBox, but it should be extremely costly to produce a Construction Yard (eg. 2000 Iron, 2000 Copper, etc.).
-To further avoid abuse, a Trade Menu (or similar) pops up when depositing resources into the ConBox, asking you if you want to keep any excess resources in case you placed extras (helps because the ConBox automatically rebuilds the building at a set rate while it still has resources in it). Resources can NOT be removed once placed inside a ConBox. This is to prevent abusive people from stealing resources from ConBoxes to put into their own ConBoxes. If a ownership system would work instead, or something else, pls go ahead and try it. See Vending Machines: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3039
-Add Vehicles. Flame tank cannot drill through, say Concrete? Flame Tank Basis, TBM: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4015
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4023
-Add Weapons: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4562
-Add Tiberium ... harvested by players and Bots: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2576
-Add etc.: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4277
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2838
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2632
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2149
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=1250
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=638
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=3099

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

J0nnJ0nes wrote:-Overall Map Gravity Setting?
In minetest.conf add

Code: Select all

movement_gravity = 9.81
9.81 for earth
3.69 for mars (for example)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

J0nnJ0nes wrote: -Self-constructing structures from Construction Boxes (ConBox)
That can already be partly done by the towntest mod: Place chest, choose building, insert building material. The integrity of the building can be checked if the box memorizes which building it did construct.
J0nnJ0nes wrote: -The ConBox must be placed within a set range of another ConBox. Only the Construction Yard ConBox can be placed without being in range of another ConBox,
I'm planning something similar for my random_buildings mod: Place a special chest to start a village, and then draw further building chests out of that special one to actually build the buildings. It won't go in the direction of Command&Conquer; games like SimCity or the Settlers come to my mind (in a *very* reduced and basic form).
If you want to apply some game logic, you have to account for the fact that large relevant parts of the map might not be loaded at all times, so your mod would have to compensate for that.
A list of my mods can be found here.