Post your mod requests/ideas here

Miss Gummy Gamer
GitHub: Miss Gummy Gamer
IRC: Miss Gummy
In-game: MissGummyGamer

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by Miss Gummy Gamer » Post

Is there a mod for Chiseled Stone/Chiseled Stone Bricks? If there isn't, I would LOVE for there to be one!

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Please search on the forums, this is not the right topic to ask that kind of stuff.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13104
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13484
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6420 (not sure if this one works)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Dragonop wrote:this is not the right topic to ask that kind of stuff
I'd argue this is a good place to put such requests. Of course, $FAVORITE_SEARCH_ENGINE is better.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

amadin

Teleporting to bed

by amadin » Post

Can anybody add chat command for teleporting to bed for colored bed mod from PilzAdam (https://github.com/ShadowNinja/beds/com ... 0b41347144)??? Or create separate mod for teleporting to bed for different bed mods? This mod will replace the sethome mod more realistic.

thefamilygrog66

Re: Teleporting to bed

by thefamilygrog66 » Post

amadin wrote:Can anybody add chat command for teleporting to bed for colored bed mod from PilzAdam (https://github.com/ShadowNinja/beds/com ... 0b41347144)??? Or create separate mod for teleporting to bed for different bed mods? This mod will replace the sethome mod more realistic.
This should do it:
http://pastie.org/private/dklqvjcrvdpymtwabbiug

zm78
GitHub: zander999
IRC: [none]
In-game: zm78

by zm78 » Post

Can anybody add a pogo stick mod this is what i am thinking. there is 9 pogo sticks wood, stone, steel, diamond,
mese, explosive and pogo stick of harm. hights are wood=2 stone=3 steel=4 diamond=5 mese=6 explosive=7 and when it lands is explodes like tnt and the pogo stick of harm=8 and harms any entity's it touches. and pogo boots you wear them like armor and set jump hight to 9 nodes high.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

and another idea it is a mod where it adds little creepers that protect you and some square entity's that do the same thing as the creeper just thay fly round your head and poison other players/mobs. the last idea is a mod. that adds 2 tools number 1 is the wand of building number 2 is the wand of dispersing. the wand of building adds a wand that you left click to set what sort of node you want to build with. and right click to set pos1 and pos2. the wand of dispersing you left click to set pos1 and pos2. and that's all the ideas i have for now.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

zm78 wrote:and another idea it is a mod where it adds little creepers that protect you and some square entity's that do the same thing as the creeper just thay fly round your head and poison other players/mobs. the last idea is a mod. that adds 2 tools number 1 is the wand of building number 2 is the wand of dispersing. the wand of building adds a wand that you left click to set what sort of node you want to build with. and right click to set pos1 and pos2. the wand of dispersing you left click to set pos1 and pos2. and that's all the ideas i have for now.
TenPlus1's mobs redo has NPCs and dogs that guard their owner.
you can command them to stay or follow you and they attack any hostile creatures is sight.
since this mod is mainly a mob-engine and the included mobs are meant to be samples, you could include more creatures with that behaviour.
as for the poisoning, i am not sure, but the red shrooms have a poison effect when you eat them, so that is possible.
to inflict that status to other players, the playereffects mod or the potion mod from Lord of the Test may be helpful.

the wand of building is like the displazer mod. (maybe i spelled it wrong)
the wand of dispersing sounds like something that worldedit can do.
i am not sure if it is still active, but there once was a mod that adds a menu to worldedit, so that you can operate it with buttons from your inventory.
zm78 wrote:Can anybody add a pogo stick mod this is what i am thinking. there is 9 pogo sticks wood, stone, steel, diamond,
mese, explosive and pogo stick of harm. hights are wood=2 stone=3 steel=4 diamond=5 mese=6 explosive=7 and when it lands is explodes like tnt and the pogo stick of harm=8 and harms any entity's it touches. and pogo boots you wear them like armor and set jump hight to 9 nodes high.
TenPlus1 has created boots that alter player movement.
the crystal boots are in his armor mod and double speed and jump height.
the winged boots are only available on Xanadu and lower gravity, wich allows you to jump 10 nodes high.
i also heard a rumor about bunny slippers ...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

zm78

by zm78 » Post

a another idea popped in to my head a shape shifting stick and it allows you to swap to any mobs redo mob and have it's ability's. as an sample you are a stone monster you are water and lava resistant. and if you are a dm you can shoot plasma and fire balls with a left click in a bare hand and you can change back to a player and when you are a mob from mobs redo other mobs will not attack.
Last edited by zm78 on Fri Dec 18, 2015 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

zm78

by zm78 » Post

thanks firefox just what about the ones that fly around the players head.
i am calling out mod requests cause i cant work init.lua it always has an error in it and i just cant find the error. if anyone will help debug and make the code id be happy to do it mostly myself.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

zm78 wrote:[...] i cant work init.lua it always has an error in it and i just cant find the error. if anyone will help debug [...]
Please see this topic.

In particular:
PilzAdam wrote: Also add output from debug.txt in the topic (use the

Code: Select all

tags of BBCode for that):
[list]
[*]Go to the bin/ directory of your Minetest copy (or ~/.minetest/ in a globally installed Minetest) and delete the existing debug.txt[/*]
[*]Add "debug_log_level = 4" to minetest.conf[/*]
[*]Start Minetest and reproduce the bug[/*]
[*]Close Minetest (if it hasnt crashed already) and copy the contents of the new debug.txt[/*]
[*](Remove "debug_log_level = 4" from minetest.conf)[/*]
[/list]
[/quote]
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

zm78

by zm78 » Post

howabout a villager mod which adds villagers that spawn from spawn egg and randomly round the world!

amadin

Cart with chest

by amadin » Post

Does anybody can add cart with chest (transport cart) to any cart mod? Cart with chest must be self-propelled. I know mod with transport cart (monorail mod) but it have a lot of bugs. Textures for it i can create by itself.

Hybrid Dog
GitHub: HybridDog

Re: Cart with chest

by Hybrid Dog » Post

amadin wrote:Does anybody can add cart with chest (transport cart) to any cart mod? Cart with chest must be self-propelled. I know mod with transport cart (monorail mod) but it have a lot of bugs. Textures for it i can create by itself.
What should a cart with chest be good for?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

amadin

Re: Cart with chest

by amadin » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
amadin wrote:Does anybody can add cart with chest (transport cart) to any cart mod? Cart with chest must be self-propelled. I know mod with transport cart (monorail mod) but it have a lot of bugs. Textures for it i can create by itself.
What should a cart with chest be good for?
It will be good for transporting stone and ores from deep underground to upstairs if server have big timeout for using /spawn and /home. Also if a player don't have sticks and wood or food, and he is deep undeground he can ask to another player to send some wood or food to him by transport cart. Transport carts must be two types: not locked and locked.
Last edited by amadin on Sun Dec 20, 2015 14:49, edited 2 times in total.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

If you want to make carts drive through usually unloaded chunks (exploited mine), more lag appears because you would need to forceload those chunks. l'm not sure if forceloading chunks also keeps the entities there activated.
You could also calculate where the carts would be in which time and put them there when players walk there.

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

amadin

by amadin » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:If you want to make carts drive through usually unloaded chunks (exploited mine), more lag appears because you would need to forceload those chunks. l'm not sure if forceloading chunks also keeps the entities there activated.
You could also calculate where the carts would be in which time and put them there when players walk there.
I not undestand what you mean: "carts drive through usually unloaded chunks". I mean cart must have own inventory (like chest) which save items from player inventory to database if player put items in cart and unload from database to player inventory if player take items from cart. If player have friend in game then friend can unload items from cart to protected chests and push cart with food or wood back to player.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

the cart is a so called object
objects are usually only active when players are near them
inactive objects don't change their position etc.
if the cart should drive from one player to another one and they're far away from each other, the cart object becomes inactive when it drove far enough in direction to the other player

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

benrob0329
GitHub: Benrob0329
IRC: benrob0329
In-game: benrob03

by benrob0329 » Post

The carts mod in question (or any carts mod for that matter) should forceload the rail and block below it, if not the block above it, this would make cart rides less laggy and more fun.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

benrob0329 wrote:The carts mod in question (or any carts mod for that matter) should forceload the rail and block below it, if not the block above it, this would make cart rides less laggy and more fun.
When l read PilzAdam's carts mod's code it was fairly confusing in my opinion. Am l doing something wrong?

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

LazerRay
GitHub: LazerRay

by LazerRay » Post

A sound player block would be a fun mod, it could be triggered by clicking it or with Mescons and it can be set to play any sound you set to it, even from other mods (that my require some way to browse folders in game).

I can think of some fun uses for a mod like this.

This is like the speakers from the Wiremod addon for Garry's mod.

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Hybrid Dog wrote:
benrob0329 wrote:The carts mod in question (or any carts mod for that matter) should forceload the rail and block below it, if not the block above it, this would make cart rides less laggy and more fun.
When l read PilzAdam's carts mod's code it was fairly confusing in my opinion. Am l doing something wrong?

I'm confused, what I meant was that it should but doesn't.

Hybrid Dog

by Hybrid Dog » Post

l think PilzAdam's carts mod's code is not optimized and if l'm not the only one who thinks the code is confusing, forceloading maybe doesn't get added by someone…

‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪‮
‮‪

benrob0329

by benrob0329 » Post

Boost_Carts source code seems pretty strait foreward, I think you'll have better luck figuring it out.

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

by ABJ » Post

1)Aircraft mod, submersible mod, train mod(I know there is one but it's been WIP forever)
2)Automobile mods with passengers and ownership.
3)Fire that merges into one big flame texture when there is more fire all around it.
4)Nodes that have the functionality of entities allowing the creation of complex moving craft.
5)Asteroid and comet impact mod that simulates object approach (for things like large comets), figures out a way of showing entering object to player without having to load it from far away while actually having an object on the shown trajectory, and impact with any node in it's way, or possibly airburst, and destruction.
6)Liquids that flow at different speeds, foam, overflow or destroy or carry away players, entities and obstructions at speed.
7)Mapgens with acceptable seas and rivers. (I know already exists, but I'm stressing this you see)
8)Lights that are visible even when the chunk and node are unloaded IF there is no obstruction between them and the player. Makes for realistic city lights from distances.
9)A serious electricity mod with powerplants of different type, (wind and water turbine, fuel burning, solar, nuclear) power output and requirement calculation, generator meltdown and explosion, and all types of modern appliances with their own wattages. along with mesecon and technic features.
10)Wind, over mountainous regions, near seas and lakes, and intensified on storms and hurricanes to go.