Post your mod requests/ideas here

ridgy
GitHub: SaiPanneerselvam
IRC: Ridgy_Jr+Ridgy_J-r
In-game: Ridgy_J-r

Re: Post your mod requests/ideas here

by ridgy » Post

Admin Mode:
User can get admin access by helping and doing good stuff on games (varies by point)

c56
GitHub: tigercoding56
In-game: bm5 or bemo5 also sell_her_on55

by c56 » Post

ridgy wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 14:01
Admin Mode:
User can get admin access by helping and doing good stuff on games (varies by point)
the server "The escape " had something like that using an XP point system and quest mod to give players privileges
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

c56

by c56 » Post

my mod request is pipeworks lite a lightweight mod which only adds 1 pipe and breaker / placer / pusher node : should be compatible with techage new factory technic and all other mods
this is a signature not a place to post messages also if i could change my username i would change it to sell_her_on55

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

c56 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 05:52
my mod request is pipeworks lite a lightweight mod which only adds 1 pipe and breaker / placer / pusher node : should be compatible with techage new factory technic and all other mods
You can edit it and try to make just a pipe and that other nodes.
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

zargulthewizard
In-game: zargul

by zargulthewizard » Post

The Backrooms world gen. Sounds simple enough, even with multiple levels. Mobs might be available later, but just the world gen and maybe music would be cool to start off
May God be with you, always.

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Resident Evil like inventory, items occupy different number of slots. I dunno if this is possible but it would create some interesting gameplay.
cdb_894a100ddd76

Icalasari
IRC: Icalasari
In-game: Icalasari

by Icalasari » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 18:11
Resident Evil like inventory, items occupy different number of slots. I dunno if this is possible but it would create some interesting gameplay.
Pretty sure one of the mintest games somebody made has that, so it should be possible

Issue is figuring out how much work it would be

c56

by c56 » Post

vertical and upside down rails for rollercoasters (also maybe different minecart designs )

c56

by c56 » Post

Icalasari wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 19:57
j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 18:11
Pretty sure one of the mintest games somebody made has that, so it should be possible

Issue is figuring out how much work it would be
remove slots that are taken up by items :P

JALdMIC
In-game: None

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English
Add the default beds mods the ability to sleep in day to
Darle al mod por defecto de beds la habilidad de dormir tambien por el dia

Exhale
In-game: Exhale

by Exhale » Post

I think the most important mod for minetest or maybe even a feature in the launcher should be proximity chat.
We want people to play right? How do you get people to play? Exposure, the game has to be in their faces often. And to do that you need youtube, plain and simple. As a person who has watched plenty of MC youtube, I can tell you now, proximity chat is fucking vital to keep those interesting.
Yes - you can chat with your friend on discord, but that is not as convenient as proximity chat.
Obviously there would have to be a hot button to switch it off, and it should be obvious how to switch it off in general if it is going to be an official part of the game (all launchers have it) - vulnerable people will need a way to not use it, but yeah that is why I think it would be better as a chosen mod... If this has been suggested before, I guess this would be a +1

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Exhale wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 22:48
I think the most important mod for minetest or maybe even a feature in the launcher should be proximity chat.
We want people to play right? How do you get people to play? Exposure, the game has to be in their faces often. And to do that you need youtube, plain and simple. As a person who has watched plenty of MC youtube, I can tell you now, proximity chat is fucking vital to keep those interesting.
Yes - you can chat with your friend on discord, but that is not as convenient as proximity chat.
Obviously there would have to be a hot button to switch it off, and it should be obvious how to switch it off in general if it is going to be an official part of the game (all launchers have it) - vulnerable people will need a way to not use it, but yeah that is why I think it would be better as a chosen mod... If this has been suggested before, I guess this would be a +1
There is a mumble proximity chat CSM (viewtopic.php?f=53&t=21586 ) which is using a mumble server

I have also tried to make a mod that would be able to do it without any 3rd party things, but it is not easy (or maybe even not possible...)
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

zadocallen
In-game: Leuden

City/Urban node collection "CITY RESOURCE PAC"

by zadocallen » Post

A collection of nodes from the City Generator mod, (just the nodes not the generator itself)
+ the Sci Fi, Doomed mod nodes
various pipe nodes
more types of brick
generic large advert posters (OBEY)
signage
neon letter nodes
smoke stacks
vents
fans
street trash
dumpsters, trash cans
various vehicle models driveable and undriveable.

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

by Grubler » Post

So I had the idea to try to use soul sand from the mineclone game as a sort of mud block example, and I tried to just take the part of that mod that has the soul sand in it and then make a thing that makes dirt that has water over it turn into soul sand, but the game doesn't recognize soul sand as a registered node, and I am not sure what to do. I guess having a dynamic environment might be kind of nice. I also am trying to write something that can make the dry grass around water turn into regular grass as though it was like how dirt you use for crops can get wet, but I don't seem to be doing it correctly.

c56

by c56 » Post

Grubler wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 03:55
So I had the idea to try to use soul sand from the mineclone game as a sort of mud block example, and I tried to just take the part of that mod that has the soul sand in it and then make a thing that makes dirt that has water over it turn into soul sand, but the game doesn't recognize soul sand as a registered node, and I am not sure what to do. I guess having a dynamic environment might be kind of nice. I also am trying to write something that can make the dry grass around water turn into regular grass as though it was like how dirt you use for crops can get wet, but I don't seem to be doing it correctly.
define a node called soulsand

CharmingOwl
In-game: CharmingOwl

by CharmingOwl » Post

1) Please add a map generator for infinite village, town or city.

If possible, please also make a similar one but the floor is made of lava for a challenge where the player must survive off of scavenged food from chests in the infinite village/city/town, never having enough resources to farm enough to survive alone, only being able to explore the ruined city to survive.

2) Please make a nomadic mod that allows the player to create herds of sheep, cattle, and other animals for food and resources, as well as tents like Yurts, easily packable campfire, bedding, teepee, igloo and other things like steppe and arctic biomes to complete the experience. The mod can also include things from Kazakh, Mongol, Siberian parts of the world to make steppes and cold biomes more playable. Animal blood could also be drinkable for extra nutrition like is done by the Maasai people in Africa, and organs of animals can be eaten raw like is done by the Inuit for nutrition and extra food and playability of cold biomes.

Tim790
GitHub: Tim79000
In-game: Tim7

by Tim790 » Post

Here are some big ideas that don't have anything to do with one another, but I think they are cool ideas non the less.

A very continental terrain generator that great giant continents and large seas.

A modern "dimension" API that makes use of the vertical world height.

Pipes like the ones from Mario, they are large and must connect to be able to pass through them.

A realistic farming mod, with mechanics like animal gender (Sorry but I'm using gender for sex here as if I said "animal sex" I would sound like a zoophile.) anti inbreeding mechanics that give negative traits to creatures, and helpful mutations that are passed down, negative ones too.
Yeet.

Liil

by Liil » Post

"Spawn protection nodes"

Nodes that look like default grass, stone, dirt or nodes from other mods that are common found content of the ground, but can be identified as other in the inventory image (A red schield) The reason for this is that mobs can spawn inside your base, unless you remove all kinds of ground nodes. Another problem for undergroud bases is the spawning of monsters on stone and bricks. To protect your base from spawning monsters, you can use the "Spawn protection nodes" and replace the normal nodes with them. No monsters will spawn on them, but they look the same.

The recipe for spawn protection nodes is simple: 1x coal + 1x the node you want to immitate = 10x spawn protection nodes of that type/image.

I would like to make this mod, but it also requires to use the images of others mods node graphics, if they want to be supported.

Or is there already another way to keep mobs from spawning?
cdb_xMf8awymgVmp

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Ideally, mob spawners should not use "default" stone, dirt, grass nodes, instead using specific nodes, that are then added to the map as an ore. Mobs mods also need to adjust spawn rates.

Your animalworld mod seems to do just fine in this regard, but when used with other mobs mods, the issues start to surface.

I don't know that the solution you propose will work, since your "stone spawn node" would still be scattered within default:stone, which will still spawn mobs.

mg_villages handles this issue by using plot_marker and mob_workplace_marker nodes for NPCs. Rochambeau's settlements mod used a cloned junglewood node as the floor of it's buildings. I personally think that mg_villages has the right idea.

If you also consider mobs_nssm, you will see that spiders spawn on web nodes, that are scattered within jungleleaves as an ore.

My personal choice would be to spawn persistent long-living NPC mods, and animals that are initially spawned at mapgen in groups that make sense, such as a herd of elephants. The herd ensures mobs_redo mating, to ensure the mob is always available, while also removing the necessary ABMs continuously spawn random mobs. For more solitary animals, having them seek a mate as a primary task, like searching for food and self-defense, would ensure the apex predators stay lower in number, while still providing a reasonably believable mob density.

I think this can be easily done. Your naturalbiomes mod provides you more nodes for mob spawning, but overall, there are just too few "standard" nodes which all mobs mods use as spawners, and this, combined with spawn rates is the culprit.

As for using another mods nodes, you can "clone" the node by simply reading the node definition that you wish to copy into a new node definition. This enables you to use the textures of that mod, without distributing the mod or the textures. Optional dependencies, and code checking for the mods in question make this fairly straightforward.

As an example, in my gal mod, I include a node box shapes library, my own "stairs" mod. The shapes library provides doors, stairs, slabs, walls, furniture, and other architectural nodeboxes. It uses a "cloned" copy of any node to which I wish to apply the shape. I simply register the shape after registering the node. Look at these files for more detail: Function that copies a node definition to create a new node and Using the above functionality to actually create the new shaped node.

I am actively exploring some of these concepts for the shear number of mobs that I'd like to enable, without them overwhelming the server.

Shad

JALdMIC
In-game: None

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English
Somebody can tell me how to obtain the bone from a .X model and attach a object to then or just rot then,i create a new model for my mod Assets_Warehouse and i want who some bones root whit the camera and who some object set attached to the hand, i try the code: object:set_attach(player","Right_Hand",'''''','''''') but this act like there's no bone(the object just appear in the place of the player and kept in there),at the beginning i thing who maybe is a problem whit the extension of the model but the default base model is a .x to and there's no problem and i even try give some of the bones of my model the same name as the default.

Preass

by Preass » Post

Is there a mod that makes the spawn point stay even if bed is destroyed?

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

Usually, one should differentiate between the spawn point and the home point.

At least there is the "/sethome" chat command if you use the minetest-game.

Also have a look at:

Preass

by Preass » Post

I just don't want to go all the way back to where I spawned at the start of the game if my bed is destroyed. I have a house very far away and a creeper destroyed my bed and killed me in mineclone. Is there a mod to not change where I respawn if my bed is destroyed?

snoopy

by snoopy » Post

This topic aimes more at new ideas and future concepts but not problems, I presume.
Preass wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 16:47
I just don't want to go all the way back to where I spawned at the start of the game if my bed is destroyed. I have a house very far away and a creeper destroyed my bed and killed me in mineclone. Is there a mod to not change where I respawn if my bed is destroyed?
Apparently you are addressing the MineClone 2 Game specifically. Maybe you should better ask again under the topic of

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

a meeting mod,

player can put their own data themself,
(Nick(s), language(s), play style, play time (Mo-Fr, Sat and Sun) and timezone)
* about what time they most are online, and
* what kind of play they like to (explorer, farm, city, castle)
* time and length of online
* and timezone

to offer others an easier option to know faster what time playing is worth more, as of easier meet and team up with others

as of the experience much gamer just leave, when there is no other sin sight they can go (play, beg, chat)
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)