Post your mod requests/ideas here

musicfreak34

by musicfreak34 » Post

What about an auto- mod updater?

You can connect it with git hub so the updater is looking every time you start the game on github if a new mod version is released. If yes it asks to download it.

Hope for some replies if possible or not...
You have no chance, so use.

When is the release of the next minetestversion? ;-)

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

musicfreak34 wrote:What about an auto- mod updater?

You can connect it with git hub so the updater is looking every time you start the game on github if a new mod version is released. If yes it asks to download it.

Hope for some replies if possible or not...
Already implemented by someone IIRC.

Edit: Yep: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5724
Last edited by kaeza on Mon May 27, 2013 21:02, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

ch98

by ch98 » Post

kaeza wrote:That is a cool idea, though I have one little point: normal inventory should not be disabled (else, how would you craft the "crafting block"?)
I was thought of this mod because it is very hard to move more than 2 block at oneth (like make a rocket that launches) and it is very unrealistic for human to be carrying 10 factory, 50 cars and 30 ufo's and making it by hand. stuff possible to craft by hand should be crafted by hand.
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

oxenfreedan

by oxenfreedan » Post

Would a submarine mod be possible?
My Awesome Map please try:
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5028
I've played minetest since 0.3.1 came out!
Mostly when on forums I'm using a uniden tablet!

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

oxenfreedan wrote:Would a submarine mod be possible?
It might be considering Zeg9's UFO mod.
Back from the dead!

ch98

by ch98 » Post

Evergreen wrote:
oxenfreedan wrote:Would a submarine mod be possible?
It might be considering Zeg9's UFO mod.
Is there any way possible to build a vehicle where you can move inside while vehicle is moving?
I have stopped playing minetest, and may not come back to it again. I would like to thank everyone that made the amazing time I had playing it. This account is not in use anymore, and the email has been linked to a unused account. If any administrator reading this has time, feel free to delete my account. Thank you very much for the great experience.

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

Some digiline addons:
Light Block: right click and theres 3 formspecs: channel to listen on, message to turn on, message to turn off.

Also a personal request: make digiline global, so no wires or wireless mod needed. May be cheaty, but its a request. So you can just place a tv and it will work.

Find a way to make the commandblock and luacontroller communicate, i know that theres a //lua command to execute lua code, i just dont know lua:).

Sound block: channel : pulse msg

Technic constructor: channel: message to extend, message to contract: or 1 message to change.

MAP REQUEST or SHOWCASE: basically you send a message to request a message from a server in the minetest world ans it replies the message in its memory on the requested channel.
So digiline_send("REQ", "GET")
Would do:
digiline_send("BBC", msg) from the server
NOTE: server == central remote luacontroller
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

lonely

by lonely » Post

alexcraft wrote:mese sword mese shovel mese axe mod
default game
Aperture science:[url]http:forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5917[/url]
I v'e got MineCraft now, so goodbye. You can look for me at the minecraft forum. my name there
is Portalfreaky.

Immaculator

by Immaculator » Post

Hello to players in the Wazuclan server. I am currently working on a stock market for the game, and I am done, except that I need someone to make two blocks; a Stock block and an Investment block.

Stock block: This needs to be able to change in price (like the stock market) and cannot be placed as any other block. It must only exist in a players pockets,shops and locked and open chests. In the display in a pocket chest etc. the worth per stock should be displayed under the block. For example: under any block it has the amount of that block, I want it to look like $3 * 10. I don't really care for how it looks. Asterix meaning times(multiplication). Maybe blue with stock written diagonally across it.

Investment block: This needs to be able to turn into money every 30 game days. The amount is dependent on how much he invested in proportion to the worth of the business. e.g if Joe's Mining Equipment is worth $1000, and Jack invested $100, he gets 10% of the profit of the business in the thirty days.

Thanks for your time!
:)
Last edited by Immaculator on Tue Jun 04, 2013 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

Immaculator wrote:Hello to players in the Wazuclan server. I am currently working on a stock market for the game, and I am done, except that I need someone to make two blocks; a Stock block and an Investment block.

Stock block: This needs to be able to change in price (like the stock market) and cannot be placed as any other block. It must only exist in a players pockets,shops and locked and open chests. In the display in a pocket chest etc. the worth per stock should be displayed under the block. For example: under any block it has the amount of that block, I want it to look like $3 * 10. I don't really care for how it looks. Asterix meaning times(multiplication). Maybe blue with stock written diagonally across it.

Investment block: This needs to be able to turn into money every 30 game days. The amount is dependent on how much he invested in proportion to the worth of the business. e.g if Joe's Mining Equipment is worth $1000, and Jack invested $100, he gets 10% of the profit of the business in the thirty days.

Thanks for your time!
The nodex mod by mauvebic did that. Unfortunately, it seems he removed his mod.
PS: If anyone has that mod, could you please re-upload?
Last edited by kaeza on Tue Jun 04, 2013 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

tyo445

by tyo445 » Post

Immaculator wrote:Hello to players in the Wazuclan server. I am currently working on a stock market for the game, and I am done, except that I need someone to make two blocks; a Stock block and an Investment block.

Thanks for your time!
Hey buddy! we are working on the stock market together and I am making the stock mod. It is currently broken and needs fixing. It is on this forum topic: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=6171

Please help us. We need it.

Edit: the stock is not a block. It is a craftitem acting as artificial value. My mod currently only holds stock and ignore the investment block. We are using shops from the money mod to sell the stock.
Last edited by tyo445 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
Don't.Turn.Around.

tyo445

by tyo445 » Post

kaeza wrote:

Thanks for your time!
The nodex mod by mauvebic did that. Unfortunately, it seems he removed his mod.
PS: If anyone has that mod, could you please re-upload?

Stock market assistants: read post above!!!
Last edited by tyo445 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
Don't.Turn.Around.

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

the complete opposite of tnt mod so it fills holes with dirt.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

AndrOn

by AndrOn » Post

A sprint mod. Miss this because default walk is just toooo sloooow and fast command ruins the roleplay "like what up i got a big reactor in my back".
k8NzxjXgxpd3KOKx8pz2z12pStfpe5tR

AndrOn

by AndrOn » Post

one could maybe use set_physics_override(speed,jump,gravity) but I'm new to lua and don't know how to use this function.

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

AndrOn wrote:A sprint mod. Miss this because default walk is just toooo sloooow and fast command ruins the roleplay "like what up i got a big reactor in my back".
You can just change the fast speed in minetest.conf to 4.8 or so.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

by Casimir » Post

But wouldn't that affect all players?

PilzAdam
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam

by PilzAdam » Post

Casimir wrote:But wouldn't that affect all players?
Of course it is a server side settting, client side would be too hacky-ish.

DeepGaze
GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Post

tardis console mod :
a node/ block that opens a gui that asks for coordinates then builds a tardis shaped portal there connected to a archway/doorway so people can make their own tardises curently i am worling on a tadis (minus this mod :( ) in the deeplife
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=5926 it will have the tardis soon!
a home decor mod without the signs (VanessaE made one but it replaces signs with "readable signs" witch dont look nice with my map) sorry Vanessa!
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

AndrOn

by AndrOn » Post

Good idea, (I thought I could'nt) but what do I write exactly in minetest.conf to change the speed?

kobayashi

by kobayashi » Post

Volcano mod , under mod ,enchantment mod,potion mod
BY ME (KOBAYASHI) FOR YOU =)

Evergreen
GitHub: 4Evergreen4
IRC: EvergreenTree
In-game: Evergreen

by Evergreen » Post

kobayashi wrote:Volcano mod , under mod ,enchantment mod,potion mod
There already is a potion mod.
Back from the dead!

markveidemanis

by markveidemanis » Post

Enormous/Adjustable screens

Like in digiline but literally one block per character or larger.
Aim
The aim of this is to make traffic displays and bigger screens for stadiums. This should ideally be compatible with digiline.
Additional
The screens can, however auto-adjust in some way. I know changing the text size is not possible without registering excessive entities but i think someone could make text go onto an adjascent screen and i know that it is possible to make connected textures screens.
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

VoidLord

by VoidLord » Post

How about a better redstone alternate? That's the reason I got into this stuff. With mesecons there is no slight delay that allows stuff to happen, such as with the torches, those don't recieve signals quick enough. Another problem is that you can't power blocks with mesecons, so you can't, for exmple, hide complex circuitry in plain sight. Basically, I want to be able to make this a piston elevator or a zipper elevator without having to use microcontrollers or lua controllers, 'cause the first takes too long and I don't know how to use the second. Also, I'd like the "power noticing range" to be more like minecraft's for the torches. If I should put this in the mesecons place someone tell me, 'cause I didn't know where to put it.
EDIT: Also walk-through see-through portals, like in portal the game.
Last edited by VoidLord on Thu Jun 13, 2013 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
</randomtextcrap>
</forumposthing>
</body>
</html>
/0

thedestroyer

by thedestroyer » Post

Hi there,

My idea for a mod is to have a simple genereated mineshaft uderground with chests and some preciuos ores.