Post your mod requests/ideas here

User avatar
Chinchow
Member
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 21:37

by Chinchow » Sun Dec 30, 2012 21:14

A vampire mob that uses player model with vampire textures and makes them always hostile and heals them when they hit you the rest would be up to the creator
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests
 

User avatar
neko259
Member
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2011 06:51

by neko259 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 08:40

Sky islands generator, possibly with generating some wooden bridges between them.
s3tuPDfUv2IyvXHzPmE31MQvnWULv1zj
 

markveidemanis
Member
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:41

by markveidemanis » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57

hi, can someone make a mod that lets some people on a server be in creative mode, and some in survival mode. possible like a command: /gamemode [creative/survival]
thanks
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR
 

clarksallador
Member
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 03:18
Location: Philippines

by clarksallador » Mon Dec 31, 2012 17:24

How about ahmm...a potions like potion for speed,height for jump,etc...
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3072
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Wed Jan 02, 2013 01:49

I have an idea for a new type of biome that can be referred to as the legacy biome. It basically takes on the look and feel of version 0.3.1 of minetest-c55 and spawns at random places on the map (can spawn underground as legacy caves and ruins as well.) All of its ores could be legacy coal, legacy iron, and legacy mese. They could be stronger and more powerful than the normal ones. There could also be 8-bit versions of minetest-c55's default sounds for placing, mining, and walking on the block types of the legacy biomes. This type of biome can serve as a living museum of the past while the rest of the map gets all of the features of the present builds of minetest-c55 (a biome such as this can preserve the old mese.)
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/
 

User avatar
Aqua
Member
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 09:11
Location: Sydney~Singapore

by Aqua » Wed Jan 02, 2013 07:26

Chinchow wrote:OK I'm gonna suggest a mod that I was gonna make and just wanted more ideas to add to it but it got closed because someone mistook it for a request so now it is I want a mod that adds more liquids other than water and lava

An old mod...Morewater
Hi there ^.~
 

User avatar
xavier108
Member
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 06:05
Location: Black Mesa Facility
IRC: Ezlif

by xavier108 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 08:14

Hmmmm How about a console mod like n64,psx,ps2,xbox if there is a mod like that i would download it
Ezlif :D
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:09

xavier108 wrote:Hmmmm How about a console mod like n64,psx,ps2,xbox if there is a mod like that i would download it

Lookie here: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3830
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

chase programer
Member
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2013 16:56
Location: Everywhere.

by chase programer » Thu Jan 03, 2013 17:28

i need some help with my codeing i need to make a rpg mod that shoots tnt but need the code
my gmail chasepaterson03@gmail.com
Back and ready to help with this amazing community that i lost.
 

User avatar
Chinchow
Member
 
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 21:37

by Chinchow » Thu Jan 03, 2013 22:22

chase programer wrote:i need some help with my codeing i need to make a rpg mod that shoots tnt but need the code
my gmail chasepaterson03@gmail.com

Would it be possible to change the falling node code to shoot tnt forward
Sometimes, it's harder to think up a mod than it is to create it.
Mods: Orichalcum Stonebricks Extra Chests
 

Josh
Member
 
Posts: 1146
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 23:11
Location: Victoria, Australia

by Josh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 02:19

Just wondering, is it possible to add the 3D player to the inventory GUI?
When you move the mouse cursor around in the inventory, the player could look at where the cursor is.
Last edited by Josh on Sat Jan 05, 2013 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
 

FreeLifeXtreme
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 09:38

by FreeLifeXtreme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:16

How about a mod like NEI? You can spawn in items or locks, or switch the mode to recipe mode? Or just the recipe thing...

How about a mod which involves magic, wands that do different things and have different ways of charging?

How about an exchange mod (similar to that of Equivalent Exchange 2)?

How about a mod that adds microblocks (Redpower 2)?
 

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:20

FreeLifeXtreme wrote:How about a mod which involves magic, wands that do different things and have different ways of charging?

How about an exchange mod (similar to that of Equivalent Exchange 2)?

How about a mod that adds microblocks (Redpower 2)?


1) fire staff: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3729
2) exchange: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3751
3) stairs plus: http://minetest.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2092
Last edited by kaeza on Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal
 

FreeLifeXtreme
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 09:38

by FreeLifeXtreme » Tue Jan 08, 2013 16:16

A mod that add transport (like buildcraft)?
A mod that implements quests?
 

User avatar
PilzAdam
Member
 
Posts: 4026
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 16:19
Location: Germany
GitHub: PilzAdam
IRC: PilzAdam
 

User avatar
RAPHAEL
Member
 
Posts: 627
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 09:09
Location: Earth

by RAPHAEL » Fri Jan 11, 2013 00:03

Not sure if it's been mentioned but.. mirrors.

Why? If one has an in game skin switcher mod or similar installed, it would be easier to look in a mirror to verify the skin is as they want. Only other method of this I'm aware of is to log in a second client or have a friend help.
"Before you speak, ask yourself: Is it kind, is it true, is it necessary, does it improve upon the silence?"
My mods: http://goo.gl/n4kpn
(Currently Various, Industrial, Fakeblocks, Jail, MoarCraft, Christmas, Replicator, minetest dev installer for linux, bash mod installer, windows mod installer)
 

User avatar
Inocudom
Member
 
Posts: 3072
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 01:14
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Fri Jan 11, 2013 00:18

RAPHAEL wrote:Not sure if it's been mentioned but.. mirrors.

Why? If one has an in game skin switcher mod or similar installed, it would be easier to look in a mirror to verify the skin is as they want. Only other method of this I'm aware of is to log in a second client or have a friend help.


Oh, I do hope such a mod actually gets created. It should not be impossible to do.
You can now find my videos at BitChute: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/some_cheeky_jinuskian/
 

rarkenin
Member
 
Posts: 668
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 20:48

by rarkenin » Fri Jan 11, 2013 00:30

Irrlicht supports extra viewports mapped to textures, but, does the Minetest engine allow for that to be done by a mod?
Admin pro tempore on 0gb.us:30000. Ask me if you have a problem, or just want help.
This is a signature virus. Add me to your signature so that I can multiply.
Now working on my own clone, Mosstest.
I guess I'm back for some time.
 

User avatar
pandaro
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 21:34
Location: behind
GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 13:04

I searched the forum threads similar but I have not found. Think it's too difficult to add something like....

At the beginning of your game choose between a certain number of "races" (elves, dwarves, humans). all races have certain characteristics:
-different collision-box (size);
-different speeds of movement;
-different-sized inventory (4x8, 4x7, 5x10);
-a different diet (dwarf like potatoes, but are allergic to apples).

These are just examples.
So we would have a system roguelike.
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde
 

Spots
Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12
Location: Outta my mind someplace.

by Spots » Tue Jan 15, 2013 14:06

pandaro wrote:I searched the forum threads similar but I have not found. Think it's too difficult to add something like....

At the beginning of your game choose between a certain number of "races" (elves, dwarves, humans). all races have certain characteristics:
-different collision-box (size);
-different speeds of movement;
-different-sized inventory (4x8, 4x7, 5x10);
-a different diet (dwarf like potatoes, but are allergic to apples).

These are just examples.
So we would have a system roguelike.


wouldn't something like that be set up kind of like this mod http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4167
 

User avatar
pandaro
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 21:34
Location: behind
GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 14:21

Spots wrote:
pandaro wrote:
I searched the forum threads similar but I have not found. Think it's too difficult to add something like....
At the beginning of your game choose between a certain number of "races" (elves, dwarves, humans). all races have certain characteristics:
-different collision-box (size);
-different speeds of movement;
-different-sized inventory (4x8, 4x7, 5x10);
-a different diet (dwarf like potatoes, but are allergic to apples).
These are just examples.
So we would have a system roguelike.

wouldn't something like that be set up kind of like this mod http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4167


No! I mean that the player chooses their race.
The mod that I've linked refers to "non-player characters" (both) as I understand it.
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 14:28

Spots wrote:
pandaro wrote:I searched the forum threads similar but I have not found. Think it's too difficult to add something like....

At the beginning of your game choose between a certain number of "races" (elves, dwarves, humans). all races have certain characteristics:
-different collision-box (size);
-different speeds of movement;
-different-sized inventory (4x8, 4x7, 5x10);
-a different diet (dwarf like potatoes, but are allergic to apples).

These are just examples.
So we would have a system roguelike.


wouldn't something like that be set up kind of like this mod http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=4167

Good idea I might add something like it
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

User avatar
pandaro
Member
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 21:34
Location: behind
GitHub: pandaro

by pandaro » Tue Jan 15, 2013 14:40

jojoa1997 wrote:
Good idea I might add something like it

Ok! great!
I want to help in this project.
tell me what to do! (in P.M. or irc)
sorry for bad english
Linux debian 7 wheezy 64
kde
 

Spots
Member
 
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:12
Location: Outta my mind someplace.

by Spots » Tue Jan 15, 2013 16:01

wait .... what .... i had a good idea ? Damn you brain stop that !
 

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
 
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 16:10

Spots wrote:wait .... what .... i had a good idea ? Damn you brain stop that !

What is it?
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right
 

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest