Post your mod requests/ideas here

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

Casimir wrote:
J0nnJ0nes wrote:-Overall Map Gravity Setting?
In minetest.conf add

Code: Select all

movement_gravity = 9.81
9.81 for earth
3.69 for mars (for example)
The one in the minetest file not game, since really there two minetest.conf anyways what is .conf? what it stands for and what was it base build off of? I guess notepad.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear
Location: Largo, FL, USA

by Tedypig » Post

Is it possible to make a mod to remove old textures? Like from mods that have been deleted. Also to un-register them, (so we don't get the unknown icon all over the map).


Also pigs....lots of pigs. LMAO.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

User avatar
kaeza
Moderator
Posts: 2162
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 05:00
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Contact:

by kaeza » Post

Tedypig wrote:Is it possible to make a mod to remove old textures? Like from mods that have been deleted. Also to un-register them, (so we don't get the unknown icon all over the map).
http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2777
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear
Location: Largo, FL, USA

by Tedypig » Post

Thank you kaeza.

Also another idea. Selectable map types/sizes.

Types would be; Flat, Mountains, Rivers, water... The same types as Minecraft Classic mode.

Sizes would be like in MC also, from 64x64 through the current infinite maps.

Just an idea, I would do it but I don't know how to mod.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

User avatar
12Me21
Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 00:36
GitHub: 12Me21
Location: (Ignore all of my posts before 2018)

by 12Me21 » Post

That would be cool if you were able to choose from different themes, like:
Flat
Water
Desert
Normal (default)
Snow
City
Cloud
Cave
Volcano
Jungle
Mountain
and more...

Anyway, it would be cool if there were elevators so you didn't need to use stairs or fly.
Shoutouts to Simpleflips

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

I am making a snow kind of theme you can use when it done but, I am not done all the way since I am working on so much.
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

This is a game request for BlockMen. I noticed that you are making mods that minecraft vanilla has. Could you make a game with that stuff.
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

User avatar
Likwid H-Craft
Member
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 14:20
Location: Lost in Crypt

by Likwid H-Craft » Post

You guys think you can mange this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaLOASx7Lrc
My Domain's/others:
http://likwidtest.hj.cx/ (Not Done)

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6281
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

12Me21 wrote: ...
Anyway, it would be cool if there were elevators so you didn't need to use stairs or fly.
You can, kind of, using blocks.

See the roof above "rubenexpress" (the building with "Ru" on it opposite spawn) on Redcrabs 0.4.4 server for an example.

To go on the roof, see the small path just left of the notice board at spawn.

Press shift+space to climb.

Making Elevators

Elevators consist of a backbone, and alternating steps.

Code: Select all

1)
- X
- X

2)
X X
- -

3) Repeat
x: where a block HAS to be
-: where a space HAS to be

Note: 1 is the first floor, 2 is the second, 3 is the third etc
Last edited by rubenwardy on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:05, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6281
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

Likwid H-Craft wrote:You guys think you can mange this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaLOASx7Lrc
I love trains...

User avatar
markveidemanis
Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 15:41

by markveidemanis » Post

Make a command like
/print schems
print out the files contained within /~World/schems/
BitCoin: 1Eq4arvykGNa1YC2DbJpWcwGfMvtFGjAoR

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6281
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

markveidemanis wrote:Make a command like
/print schems
print out the files contained within /~World/schems/
easy peasy

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5303 ... y-in-a-lua

User avatar
jojoa1997
Member
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 05:11
Location: Earth

by jojoa1997 » Post

markveidemanis wrote:Make a command like
/print schems
print out the files contained within /~World/schems/
could someone make a node that loads the schem into the world and then erases the loading node
Coding;
1X coding
3X debugging
12X tweaking to be just right

Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4138
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

There are already several mods that allow to select a building and then put it into the world. Look for towntest or deploy_nodes for example. My random_buildings mod will have a similar feature in the future (again with a slightly diffrent approach).
A list of my mods can be found here.

User avatar
webdesigner97
Member
Posts: 1327
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 19:16
GitHub: webD97
IRC: webdesigner97
In-game: webdesigner97
Location: Cologne, Germany
Contact:

by webdesigner97 » Post

What about some kind of fire+ which can also make glass break?

User avatar
DistroGeeks-MilesDyson
New member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 05:02

by DistroGeeks-MilesDyson » Post

Coffee Mod??

coffee plant == coffee been == coffee grounds == cup + coffee grounds == cup of coffee == fast move

perhaps could be added to the farming mod.

any way, it was just a thought if some one wanted to do it.


Edit: oh and by the way fast move would only last for XX seconds/minuts
Last edited by DistroGeeks-MilesDyson on Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
prestidigitator
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Post

Actually the food mod has coffee, though you have to make it with dry desert shrubs which do not regrow. It doesn't make you move faster though; just restores like 10 HP (5 hearts).
Last edited by prestidigitator on Thu Mar 14, 2013 01:17, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rubenwardy
Moderator
Posts: 6281
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 18:11
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

by rubenwardy » Post

prestidigitator wrote:Actually the food mod has coffee, though you have to make it with dry desert shrubs which do not regrow. It doesn't make you move faster though; just restores like 10 HP (5 hearts).
If you have the aero mod by mauvebic, you can use their coffee plants.
Last edited by rubenwardy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
prestidigitator
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Post

rubenwardy wrote:If you have the aero mod by mauvebic, you can use their coffee plants.
Ah ha! Cool. I'll have to give that one a go. Thanks. :-)

User avatar
Matsetes
Member
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 23:36

by Matsetes » Post

Why not something like mystcraft?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNSkjEvB_f8
I really like trying some differents worlds

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear
Location: Largo, FL, USA

by Tedypig » Post

OK, follow me here.

1. Make a box.
2. code the box to move with players controls --think "boats" mod or riding the ostrich in "mob framework".
3. Make the box connect to other boxes.
4. make the control box control the boxes connected to it.
5. ???
6. PROFIT!!

Easy as 1 2 firetruck!

BUT!!! Is it possible with the current system?
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

User avatar
prestidigitator
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Post

Tedypig wrote:1. Make a box.
2. code the box to move with players controls --think "boats" mod or riding the ostrich in "mob framework".
3. Make the box connect to other boxes.
4. make the control box control the boxes connected to it....

This can be done with entities, like the ostrich example; they are not constrained to the size of a single block, can move smoothly, and can even be made physical so they collide with nodes (but not other entities as far as I am aware). So why try to hack it together with a bunch of nodes when entities can already do it? Doors must be done this way to block player movement using collisions. A vehicle doesn't have to do that, and would waste a lot of server resources if cobbled together using pseudo-moving nodes.
Last edited by prestidigitator on Fri Mar 15, 2013 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear
Location: Largo, FL, USA

by Tedypig » Post

I know, but the way I imagine it is, say you don't want a boat, say you want a car shaped thing, or a plane, or a bigger boat, or even a 100 block tall version of you!. With my way you can design your vehicle in-game.

o o
|--x-|
o o

x= "master node"
- and | = "slave nodes"
o= any node you want.

you build a basic skeleton with "slave nodes" and mount the "master node" anywhere on that skeleton (using facedir to find front) and boom those x's, o's, -'s and |'s are now a car.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

User avatar
prestidigitator
Member
Posts: 640
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 23:54

by prestidigitator » Post

Neat idea, sure. Don't know how well it will perform, but I guess the best way to find out is to test it. You'd basically have to delete and create the vehicle each time you want to "move" it. You'd also want to keep setting the player position. Actually, better might be to give the player a "seat" entity that controls the vehicle's position. It would know how to move, and the nodes would just be for visual appearance. This would basically replace your "master node" with an entity instead.

It MIGHT even work to use a bunch of entities instead of a bunch of nodes. If they all set their positions, velocities, and accelerations in unison, it might move smoothly without falling apart. I think you wouldn't want them to be physical (assuming movement still works without collisions) or your vehicle might disintegrate when it hit something (as some nodes stop and some keep moving). Note that you can update the visuals of entities on a per-instance basis and at run-time, so in that sense they could allow you to build even more dynamically than nodes, or transform a skeleton of nodes into a bunch of entities that resemble the nodes they were "built from."
Last edited by prestidigitator on Fri Mar 15, 2013 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tedypig
Member
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:33
IRC: Piggybear87
In-game: Piggybear
Location: Largo, FL, USA

by Tedypig » Post

prestidigitator wrote:Neat idea, sure. Don't know how well it will perform, but I guess the best way to find out is to test it. You'd basically have to delete and create the vehicle each time you want to "move" it. You'd also want to keep setting the player position. Actually, better might be to give the player a "seat" entity that controls the vehicle's position. It would know how to move, and the nodes would just be for visual appearance. This would basically replace your "master node" with an entity instead.

It MIGHT even work to use a bunch of entities instead of a bunch of nodes. If they all set their positions, velocities, and accelerations in unison, it might move smoothly without falling apart. I think you wouldn't want them to be physical (assuming movement still works without collisions) or your vehicle might disintegrate when it hit something (as some nodes stop and some keep moving). Note that you can update the visuals of entities on a per-instance basis and at run-time, so in that sense they could allow you to build even more dynamically than nodes, or transform a skeleton of nodes into a bunch of entities that resemble the nodes they were "built from."
What about the boats mod, remove the water requirement, and make the boat build-able to. And of course put a different texture/node for the boat (or in this case "seat").

Would that work? Because I have the boat mod and am willing to try and fail horribly. Lol.
01010100 01100101 01100100 01111001 01110000 01101001 01100111

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests