Post your mod requests/ideas here

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sat Nov 16, 2013 03:23

Making use of Minetest's amazing world height, a mod similar to this, which would essentially force people to play underground and attempt to survive. I can think of a few ways to do this.I have no modding experience, so I don't know the limits of the engine, so therefore these ideas are just random brainstorms.
  • Make it so that players over a certain y coordinate take damage.
  • Use part of Blockmen's code that he used for his Wasteland game (here) that removes naturally generating water.
  • Make it so that fires start on dirt_with_grass, wood, and leaves.
  • Edit the skybox to make the sun texture large and red
  • Make a way for players to have protective armor to explore the surface, but make it extremely hard to obtain. (e.g. made out of mese)

Again, these are just some ideas, so please let me know what would be possible and what wouldn't. I listed these in the order I feel they are the most critical to the mod.

*Edit* if anyone can think of some unique reasons for the fires/ damage/ water disappearing, don't hesitate to tell me. The theme doesn't have to be solar apocalypse, and if so, disregard point #4.
Last edited by Enke on Sun Nov 17, 2013 04:07, edited 1 time in total.
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

TenPlus1

GitHub: tenplus1

by TenPlus1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 16:16

01. We have mobs on land, underground and even on trees but nothing in the water... A fish mod is out there but how about an evil mob that tries to pull you under the water and drown you.

02. A defence mod would help stop griefers by protecting your land and fighting them off for you while you aren't around. A Weeping Angel (yep, Doctor Who) who looks like an ordinary statue could creep up on your while you aren't looking and when caught damage your health and maybe teleport you away from the protected area.

03. Minecraft has the iron golem so why not a Mese Golem, but unlike Minecraft you need Mithril to bring him to life so he can wander around your grounds and attack anyone that isn't you.

04. MoreBlocks has trap blocks that look solid but lets the user fall straight through, so how about some spikes at the bottom that takes 1 heart damage each time you touch them.

05. A dispenser that connects to a switch and allows you to throw out arrows (throwing mod), mobs (mob eggs) and other items when activated.

BrandonReese

GitHub: bremaweb
IRC: BrandonReese
In-game: BrandonReese

by BrandonReese » Sun Nov 17, 2013 03:05

Election Mod

I setup a server kind of as an experiment. Brand new map. I built a small gazebo at spawn and protected the initial spawn point. No moderators, users can protect their own land, free reign, blah blah blah. Then I had what I thought was a brilliant idea, moderators should be elected. It started with the idea to vote on banning problem users, if a majority of online users voted to ban a person they would get a ban, but then I got the idea of electing moderators. This election mod would have several stages and requirements for admins to set:

Players are nominated, it should be an option whether they can nominate themselves or not.
Server admins should be able to set a few requirements for nominees,
1) such as how long they have been on the server
2) how often they log in,
3) maybe it's a stretch but how active they are (e.g. if they build and mine often or just lurk around)
4) If one of the money mods is installed admin could require a payment to be on the ballot

Server admin should be able to set the length of the term, whether it's a couple weeks or a month
Server admin should be able to setup multiple positions, and set what privs each position gets. Whether they just have a couple moderator spots that are the same, or if they have a tiered system. For simplicity, instead of having people select what position they are running for, player with the most votes would get the top spot, second most would get the second spot, etc...
Server admin should be able to setup a black list, this goes a little against the idea of freedom and self governance I'm going for but we all know there will be players that just shouldn't be allowed to be allowed extra power no matter what.

I figured elections should start 75% of the way through the current term (or this % could be set by the admin). Having elections run multiple days gives more players the option to participate. For instance if moderators were serving a 2 week term, people could start voting the last 3.5 days of the term. Nominations for the next term should probably be able to be made at any point.

When the term is over, the existing moderators would have their privs revoked. It would be seamless, because the election results would be ready when the term ended so the newly elected moderators would automatically have their news privs set.

So that's a rough framework of what I had in mind. I would like to start this mod but I just don't have the time, so if anybody else finds it interesting take a stab at it.

Enke

GitHub: NANOsoldierEnke
IRC: Enke
In-game: Enke

by Enke » Sun Nov 17, 2013 19:27

Unsure if this could be accomplished due to engine limitations, but would it be possible to have the player hold a torch (e.g., have it selected in their hotbar) and have the area around the player light up?
Lush8
ExtraVars for Red Eclipse

<Anarchid> my turn was still the most awesome, yielding all the cripples, two captured paranormals, and death rate of about 30%
<ORCACommander> Anarchid: you need to work harder
<ORCACommander> I am hereby putting you under review until you can increase the casualty rate

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 20:47

Enke wrote:Unsure if this could be accomplished due to engine limitations, but would it be possible to have the player hold a torch (e.g., have it selected in their hotbar) and have the area around the player light up?

There are mods that do that, but on my machine (which is old) it slows the game down significantly. Here is one that I found but I haven't tried it since June or July so no clue if it works with the current version of minetest.

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=2621

Timethy_Paradox

by Timethy_Paradox » Tue Nov 19, 2013 06:37

I'm not understanding if a horse mod has been made yet. I've been going through the forums looking but they always lead to off topics or just didn't go anywhere. Also if the idea has/ever will be used why not make some fantasy creatures as well. Griffins, Minotaurs, Centaurs, and other creatures, that can be ridden as well.

Plus have vampire creatures, that live in abandoned mines or houses along the coast of waters!

Just some ideas...

Sokomine

GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Tue Nov 19, 2013 15:57

Timethy_Paradox wrote:I'm not understanding if a horse mod has been made yet.

That's because nobody has created a horse model with blender (complete with animations and textures) yet. Plus larger creatures look a bit odd when they move around in a Minetest world - especially if they turn around on the spot.

Sapiers mob framework already comes with a ridable ostrich.

AspireMint has done a nice ridable donkey (plus a few other animals) that will be coming soon (once we manage to teach them which ground they prefer etc.).
A list of my mods can be found here.

Josh

by Josh » Mon Nov 25, 2013 02:00

It would be intresting if there were a mod were you character reacts to differnt things. such as getting hot in a desert, and if you don't drink you will die from dehydration, another addition to a mod like this is were the player reacts to the cold, you can freeze to death or die by frostbite, and you need to wear warm clothes if your going near a cold climate, and light clothes such as shorts and a singlet if your going into a hot climate.

wraith

by wraith » Thu Dec 05, 2013 13:16

I have a few Ideas for some HV stuff as there is not enough hv mech

1 hv smelter two parts (input block and output block) requiring u to make the main body of the thing out of stainless blocks or something rare for it to work (like a reactor) I think it should use 50000 hv and turn 1 ore dust into two ingots

2 hv mass fabricator makes ore!! as before u should have to make a structure out of something in this case i would say mese blocks as the power to make ore should be hard to get and it should use alot of power like 200000 hv i.e. two reactors two power it

3 HV water mill that should need to be in a dam or something like it (this one because in the real world dams make HV power and I think it would be cool to see more dams)
p.s. I would like to learn to code for this game but do not know where to start so any links to how too's or anything that will help me learn what i need to do to make mods ect is welcome

AMMOnym

IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Fri Dec 06, 2013 17:43

a few ideas
= Scuba: an item that when in hot-bar you are able to swim without drowning
= morecons: extention for mesecons that has more blocks; more pistons(dual block mover),twister(swaps one block for another) and ear(hears the placers commands and waits for a preselected one)
= rent: you buy houses for a certain time(uses mintest time format)
= light bridge:when on sends a laser and forms a bridge if a square is made
= tophat: hotbar item that generates a clone of player and when clicked with clone out you switch places(if clone clicked hides in hat)
= the door:a block stores locations and makes a link to a special teleporting door(destoys disconnected doors if chose)
= blockbomb: blockspecific bomb
thankyou
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

i love minetest

by i love minetest » Sat Dec 07, 2013 14:57

Last edited by i love minetest on Sat Dec 07, 2013 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
if you need any more information please don't hesitate to pm me or email me

Krock
Developer

GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Sun Dec 08, 2013 13:46

Ehm the gravity of blocks would be more interesting, or is there already a mod for it?
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

ilikecheesecake

by ilikecheesecake » Mon Dec 16, 2013 00:09

A nuclear power plant mod with:
  • waste,
    extractors to extract plutonium,
    nuclear reactor,
    uranium ore, cells, blocks that give off light, and uranium powder,
    geiger counter and energy counter,
    MFSU,

kaeza

GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Mon Dec 16, 2013 00:54

ilikecheesecake wrote:A nuclear power plant mod

Technic mod already has most of this.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

LionsDen

by LionsDen » Mon Dec 16, 2013 01:38

I believe that voltbuild has the nuclear reactor as well. I haven't built it yet but I have been paying attention to the mod. I have been busy playing some other games lately but I like minetest so I will be playing it again and again.

mady.elserafy

by mady.elserafy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:24

make a minetest comes alive mod

akada

by akada » Tue Dec 17, 2013 01:18

A Hexxit mod like the one that Minecraft have.

BrunoMine

GitHub: BrunoMine

by BrunoMine » Tue Dec 17, 2013 16:29

There are many mods beds. But there should be a to recover the player's life while lying down. . But time does not pass quickly.
My small square universe under construction ... Minemacro
Comunidade Minetest Brasil
www.minetestbrasil.com

spock the elder

by spock the elder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 21:29

possibly a better gun mod, that meaning more in-depth, like minecraft's flan's mods?
it would have to include different sights, clips, and accesories (flash suppresor, bayonet, etc.)

spock the elder

by spock the elder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 21:31

Josh wrote:It would be intresting if there were a mod were you character reacts to differnt things. such as getting hot in a desert, and if you don't drink you will die from dehydration, another addition to a mod like this is were the player reacts to the cold, you can freeze to death or die by frostbite, and you need to wear warm clothes if your going near a cold climate, and light clothes such as shorts and a singlet if your going into a hot climate.

that would be good for a hunger games server

DeepGaze

GitHub: DeepGaze
IRC: DeepGaze
In-game: DeepGaze

by DeepGaze » Wed Dec 18, 2013 17:30

is there a mod that can create a door through walls
[spoiler]normal=
new

0=air 1=solid block 2=new node 3=same block but now can be passed through like air[/spoiler]
an is there a door shaped coordinate based teleporter
[spoiler]a door that once gave a coordinate makes another door at the location. then linking the two until the first door disconnects destroying the second door[/spoiler]
-edit- another idea: minebook: shout is limited to 15 blocks infront of player(conical shape) and a node witch is like a forum for the users to craft then use
balloons (just so i can have 99 red balloons in my inventory) :)
and a copy of a previous idea set[spoiler]
DeepGaze wrote:a few ideas
= morecons: extention for mesecons that has more blocks; more pistons(dual block mover),twister(swaps one block for another) and ear(hears the placers commands and waits for a preselected one)
= rent: you buy houses for a certain time(uses mintest time format)
= light bridge:when on sends a laser and forms a bridge if a square is made
= tophat: hotbar item that generates a clone of player and when clicked with clone out you switch places(if clone clicked hides in hat)
= the door:a block stores locations and makes a link to a special teleporting door(destoys disconnected doors if chose)
= blockbomb: blockspecific bomb
thankyou
[/spoiler]
Last edited by DeepGaze on Wed Dec 18, 2013 19:58, edited 1 time in total.
there's no place like 127.0.0.1
The deep life Minetest text page
minetest cards

Topywo

by Topywo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 22:24

DeepGaze wrote:and a copy of a previous idea set a few ideas

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?id=7175

Post 10

AMMOnym

IRC: AMMOnym
In-game: AMMOnym

by AMMOnym » Thu Dec 19, 2013 06:17

Hi everybody if i play blockland i saw one mod CREEP.We can make it like Nyan server but myancat cant have random moves but must follow player blockland creep video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHbOaU7Akkk

Emgogall

by Emgogall » Sun Dec 22, 2013 01:02

Singleplayer World Citizens
I was just wondering, wouldn't it be nice if there was a mod that created people that look like the character. So there would be random people walking around so whenever you create like a city or kingdom you'll have people won't feel lonely and your world will feel filled up and alive, would feel extremelly real.
Thanks!

PreviousNext

Return to Modding Discussion