Trying to make an api to change craft recipes for a specific player

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

Trying to make an api to change craft recipes for a specific player

by FrostRanger » Post

I am making a sanity mod, and one of the things I wanted to add is "recipe rot". Basically what that means is as a player goes more and more insane, they can craft less and less, and if they try to craft something they know they will get something else entirely. Naturally, i don't want the recipe changes to affect everyone on the server, just those who are insane, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to accomplish this.
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

Re: Trying to make an api to change craft recipes for a specific player

by GreenXenith » Post

Using both the builtin crafting API and form? Probably cannot be done.

You can either make your own crafting API to handle this, or you can make your own crafting form to handle it.
Crafting API pros: You have full control over how everything works, it is easy to add the sanity functionality
Crafting API cons: You have to make your own crafting API, compatibility is potentially difficult
Custom form pros: All you have to do is handle output correctly based on the player
Custom form cons: You have to handle output manually, you need a custom form

I'd go with the custom form in this instance since it will probably be the least headache.
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.