[Mod Idea] Alchemy (deduction based potion brewing)

pampogokiraly
In-game: i_love_mesecon

[Mod Idea] Alchemy (deduction based potion brewing)

by pampogokiraly » Post

Hello!
I am currently (still) working on a game, and I figured out an awesome potion brewing thingie based on a board game "Alchemists" (https://czechgames.com/en/alchemists/). Keep in mind that I can't code, and I'm planning on doing my game in the same style as this mod (just making ideas... no coding cuz I still can't), but if anyone is interested then he can turn this mod idea into a real mod!

Also please note that I am hungarian and so I am not very good at explaining anything. My dad helped me out a little bit, but it still could be confusing! if you have any questions just ask it here!

I've made the entire thing in google docs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Xf ... sp=sharing
All praise the Bacon God! The one and only god in MineTest

pampogokiraly

Re: [Mod Idea] Alchemy (deduction based potion brewing)

by pampogokiraly » Post

Just updated the document... I added some non-general ideas to it, like the alchemist's book, and the splash potions

LMD
GitHub: appgurueu
IRC: appguru[eu]
In-game: LMD

by LMD » Post

Interesting idea.
When creating a new world, the game will assign 16 alchemicals to 16 ingredients randomly. This is seed based, so creating a world with Set seed, it will result in the same 16 ingredients-alchemical.
Why only generate the seed at world creation? I imagine this could be fairly boring, especially in multiplayer: After a week or maybe a month, the 16 ingredients will be known. It could make the game more interesting if this could change, say, once a month.
My stuff: Projects - Mods - Website

pampogokiraly

by pampogokiraly » Post

LMD wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 08:46
Interesting idea.
When creating a new world, the game will assign 16 alchemicals to 16 ingredients randomly. This is seed based, so creating a world with Set seed, it will result in the same 16 ingredients-alchemical.
Why only generate the seed at world creation? I imagine this could be fairly boring, especially in multiplayer: After a week or maybe a month, the 16 ingredients will be known. It could make the game more interesting if this could change, say, once a month.
I know... but that actually wouldn't really make any sense at all... like, why would they change in every month? also I mostly design these mods for kinda-short singleplayer RPG style in mind, but if you have any good ideas then please let me know.
This was by far the toughest part to figure out, and I still don't have a better solution other than stuff that doesn't really make any sense :P (at least, its a solution... I might change it then)

pampogokiraly

by pampogokiraly » Post

I have an another idea.... how about if the ingredients have a different alchemical depending on where they are.
For example a flower would have a different alchemical if collected from x1, y1, z1, than if you collect it from x2, y2, z2.

of course you would have to group these differences into.. I don't know... 500x500 areas or smth

LMD

by LMD » Post

pampogokiraly wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10
I know... but that actually wouldn't really make any sense at all... like, why would they change in every month?
Astrology

LMD

by LMD » Post

pampogokiraly wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:19
I have an another idea.... how about if the ingredients have a different alchemical depending on where they are.
For example a flower would have a different alchemical if collected from x1, y1, z1, than if you collect it from x2, y2, z2.

of course you would have to group these differences into.. I don't know... 500x500 areas or smth
That's also a possibility