Mod idea: Rentable market spaces

AmyMoriyama
GitHub: AmyMoriyama

Mod idea: Rentable market spaces

by AmyMoriyama » Post

Back when I did modded Minecraft, there were some mods that would allow players to rent market areas for a set time. At the end of the set time, they could renew within the grace window or the area would get reset to the default. I wonder if something similar like this could be done in minetest.

Maybe use the areas mod for protection and currency mod for the currency and worldedit for the setting and resetting of market areas.

The server admin could maybe mark out an area and place a transaction machine somewhere and run the following commands
/amarket pos1/pos2
then
/amarket set name price time
then hit the transaction machine to link it to that area.

Then the player would go to the transaction machine and deposit minegeld to match the rent for the time period. Some time before expiry, the player should get notified of the upcoming expiry so they can go back to the transaction machine and renew if they want, or clear out their stuff if they don't want to renew. After expiry, the player should get notified on login and every maybe thirty minutes until the grace period is up that they need to renew. Might also want to have a command to shut up that notification in case they don't want to renew.

orwell
GitHub: orwell96
IRC: orwell96_mt
In-game: orwell

Re: Mod idea: Rentable market spaces

by orwell » Post

There's the apartment mod. Perhaps you can extend it by a rent function (currently it has no payment system or timing-out).

We use this on LinuxForks for the public markets. At least our fork supports transferring the ownership of smartshops.
Lua is great!
List of my mods
I like singing. I like dancing. I like ... niyummm...