Need help testing Drawers and Tubelib

0siribix
GitHub: 0siribix
In-game: 0siribix

Need help testing Drawers and Tubelib

by 0siribix » Post

I've added tubelib compatibility to Drawers and I would really appreciate help testing this. I just need to know if you find anything that doesn't work as expected. Here's what's been added:
  • Tubelib nodes can move items or stacks into or out of drawers or drawer controllers.
  • If a drawer is full, the item or stack will look for an empty drawer. This works with individual drawers or the drawer controller.
  • The drawer controller will now look for an empty drawer if you insert an item that already exists in a full drawer. (Previously, it would return to your inventory)
  • If you have creative, drawers will not take from nor add to your inventory.
  • Tubelib tubes can now be used to extend drawer networks. (Teleporter tubes do not work for this)
I did not modify the pipeworks code in any way and I have not tested with pipeworks so if someone has that I would really appreciate any feedback with it.

Intended odd behavior: When transferring from a drawer or controller, it will randomly select a slot between each stack. This was the easiest way to prevent getting hung up as soon as one drawer is full. Also because of this, a pusher may become "Blocked" even when there are slots available. The pusher will continue to try randomly pulling items and will eventually fill all available slots.

In addition to this, I've added refil support to Tubelib/Techpack. If a pusher pushes a stack and the destination has room for part of the stack, it will accept it and put the leftovers back in the source. I updated this in Tubelib and in Addons 3. If anything in the other parts of Techpack push stacks, I probably still need to update that.

Please let me know any feedback on bugs or unexpected behavior. I will not be taking requests for additional features since I have at least 3 other projects that I want to work on now that I believe I've finalized this one.

Drawers
https://github.com/0siribix/drawers

Techpack
https://github.com/0siribix/techpack

0siribix

Re: Need help testing Drawers and Tubelib

by 0siribix » Post

And I've found one non-critical bug so far: High Perf Distributers don't seem to refill a partial stack in a High Perf chest

SciFurz

Some unrelated things I noticed

by SciFurz » Post

I've been looking at the different mass storage options, and the style of drawers fits techpack well (although I only think the acacia matches the colour best, with aspen and jungle second).
I'll have to set up a test environment because I'm using my own modded version of techpack with full six port distributers and other changes, but what I've noticed is that some things I drop in the controller move to a chest, but don't show up on a drawer, for instance the anvil from the anvil mod. It also seemed to have moved to a 4 drawer node while all drawers already had inventory. It appeared when I destroyed the node.

The mover mod works, but the drawers lose the pictures and seem to be empty, until I destroy the node and the inventory drops on the floor.

Adding an upgrade is troublesome when it can't be done from the front. It would mean leaving the back of a drawer wall accessible, which would essentially waste space since it's not possible to take out a drawer from a stack, upgrade it by placing it on the floor, pick it up, and place it back in the stack.
Alternatively to a wall, I'd have to set up towers with two drawers side by side, leaving the other sides open.

It would also be more clear when instead of a percentage, the number of items and total space is shown, like (22/4096) for example. Unless there's a setting I missed.

Edit:
One more thing, when one item drawer is full, it seems the controller doesn't look for another empty drawer when I try to add more of the same item.
Last edited by SciFurz on Thu Jul 29, 2021 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

SciFurz

Did a quick test

by SciFurz » Post

Unless Techpack isn't updated on the content DB, it's not working.
Can't push things from gravel sieve via pusher to controller. Tubes don't recognise the controller as possible connection option.

0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

I found multiple bugs and I believe I have all of them fixed now. Drawers will require the Tubelib that I've uploaded to work correctly. If you bypass the version check then if something from tubelib inserts a partial stack into a drawer, the remainder is lost

0siribix

Re: Some unrelated things I noticed

by 0siribix » Post

SciFurz wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 20:25
...but what I've noticed is that some things I drop in the controller move to a chest, but don't show up on a drawer, for instance the anvil from the anvil mod. It also seemed to have moved to a 4 drawer node while all drawers already had inventory. It appeared when I destroyed the node.

The mover mod works, but the drawers lose the pictures and seem to be empty, until I destroy the node and the inventory drops on the floor.
This has to do with the way that Drawers create the the pictures on the front of the drawers. Some things don't display correctly and I don't think that's something I can fix with the current implementation. I'm looking into drawing the front a different way and if I can get that to work, I'll release my own version of drawers that will be independent of this one. That's further down the road after I finish some other projects though.
SciFurz wrote:
Adding an upgrade is troublesome when it can't be done from the front. It would mean leaving the back of a drawer wall accessible, which would essentially waste space since it's not possible to take out a drawer from a stack, upgrade it by placing it on the floor, pick it up, and place it back in the stack.
Alternatively to a wall, I'd have to set up towers with two drawers side by side, leaving the other sides open.
I am able to aim the reticle at the trim between drawers on the face and add upgrades. I rarely use single drawers but I imagine the trim on the edges works just as well[/quote]
SciFurz wrote:
It would also be more clear when instead of a percentage, the number of items and total space is shown, like (22/4096) for example. Unless there's a setting I missed.
I was thinking of something similar and I agree the percentage isn't as useful. I may change that to two lines and show the ratio of items as well as a ratio of stacks. I think it won't be too bad to keep the percentage but I'll have to test it
SciFurz wrote:
Edit:
One more thing, when one item drawer is full, it seems the controller doesn't look for another empty drawer when I try to add more of the same item.
I've been updating these throughout today and you probably got them while things were broken. I believe I have everything working now

0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

BTW, I'm no good with textures. If someone else wants to make textures for any mods that add trees (Ethereal, More Trees, Cool Trees) I'll add the support for them

0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

How about this for the info line?
screenshot_20210730_193212.png
screenshot_20210730_193212.png (821.4 KiB) Viewed 471 times