Asheron's Call Models for Minetest

rookervik
GitHub: ehettervik
IRC: rookervik

Asheron's Call Models for Minetest

by rookervik » Post

I saw a post about adding the world of Dereth to a map in Minetest and I was fairly excited.
(viewtopic.php?f=47&t=22290)

I am no good at coding, but I can use gimp and blender and could offer some graphic and asset resources to a project if anyone was interested.

I've made a traditional Life Stone that could be added to Minetest fairly easily. I can export the model with animation, but I believe the only objects that can have animation are mobs, currently.

Would anyone else find this interesting?

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: Asheron's Call Models for Minetest

by MisterE » Post

you can make a node display an entity so you can have animated node meshes. Of course then you have an invisible node and an enitity

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Since a mob is an entity, you can certainly import an animated object, as a .b3d file, and have the entity animate. This is how advtrains animates the train models. Entities can be more than mobs.

That is a very cool looking model. Can't wait to see what you add...

Shad

rookervik
GitHub: ehettervik
IRC: rookervik

by rookervik » Post

Today I thought I'd try making a reedshark. I was able to make his head using a rotated box with some use of transparency in the texture.

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

Could also use the trick Stu used for gears/chains/windmill etc:
viewtopic.php?t=22077

I cracked that open recently and basically the object you wish to animate just has lots of shapes in different degree turns then you do an animated texture which textures the differing shapes. You do end up with a bit of a large texture map but for the above you can probably get away with less objects/turns; maybe 6 as its square - 0 degree, +15, +30, +45, +60, +75, back to 0 .

Anyways just a thought saves messing with entites if you want to make it a pure node.

Edit - Liking both models :)