Collapsing Ceilings?

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

Collapsing Ceilings?

by Grubler » Post

I am wondering if it may be possible to make something that could make things collapse of there wasn't enough support to hold it up. I am no modder, though, so I have to pose the question.

ywwv

Re: Collapsing Ceilings?

by ywwv » Post

this is a feature of the VOXLAP engine . it may be CPU intensive for the server running these checks . You must simply run a floodfill algorithm through the voxel structure and if no other supports are found it can be destroyed. the floodfill must be limited to some extent to prevent lagging the server with difficult tasks.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Grubler wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 05:32
I am wondering if it may be possible to make something that could make things collapse of there wasn't enough support to hold it up. I am no modder, though, so I have to pose the question.
This is usually referred to as "Structural Integrity". I've not seen this implemented yet in Minetest; it's tricky to implement due to performance requirements
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

TenPlus1
In-game: TenPlus1

by TenPlus1 » Post

If it were possible to grab an area below a placed block without having to specify block type we could check it if were solid in a 3x1x3 area and if not have that block fall, this would make it possible to check for stable platforms and surfaces on build. on_step_over function could also provide a quick check and again if unstable have block players standing on fall.

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Take a look at this mod: viewtopic.php?t=20255
That should be somewhere in the area of what you are looking for.

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

by Grubler » Post

It seems to not be compatible with your "Touch" mod. And I had a stack of blocks with a torch at the bottom next to it, and with the smoke mod I made torches make smoke, and so when I removed a block next to some smoke, the smoke started to fall and broke the torch at the bottom.

I also found if I hit some leaves on a tree, there is a likelihood of a number of the leaf blocks on it to just start falling off, so I think I will turn off this mod.

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

This already exists! visit the CitySim server :D

isaiah658

by isaiah658 » Post

1faco wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 06:47
This already exists! visit the CitySim server :D
What's the mod name? I've been looking for something like this for singleplayer.

1faco
GitHub: minefaco
In-game: faco

by 1faco » Post

isaiah658 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 03:27
What's the mod name? I've been looking for something like this for singleplayer.
there are a public copy of the server, enjoy. i think that the mod is "betterfall", but i'm not sure
https://github.com/Elkien3/citysim_game