Is it Okay To Remove/Install Mods Mid-Playthrough?

Burkha
In-game: Burkha

Is it Okay To Remove/Install Mods Mid-Playthrough?

by Burkha » Post

I come from heavy amounts of Bethesda modding and thus I'm scared to remove or install mods midplaythrough. Is it okay to do so in MT? Do I need to do a world/save game clean? Is this more of a sometimes a problem/depends on the mod? Obviously texture packs can be swapped out whenever, I mean specifically mods. I would also assume you're not easily able to change games for a given world.

Sorry if this has been asked repeatedly as am noob. I don't have a ton of time to just look up every problem

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

Re: Is it Okay To Remove/Install Mods Mid-Playthrough?

by KCoombes » Post

if the mod you remove added nodes or entities to the world, they will not be functional or textured properly after removal. sometimes the /clearobjects command can fix that (for entities), sometimes not. installing new mods after world creation is not much of an issue, but any previously generated mapchunks will remain the same (no new nodes)

Burkha
In-game: Burkha

by Burkha » Post

KCoombes wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 16:24
if the mod you remove added nodes or entities to the world, they will not be functional or textured properly after removal. sometimes the /clearobjects command can fix that (for entities), sometimes not. installing new mods after world creation is not much of an issue, but any previously generated mapchunks will remain the same (no new nodes)
That's kind of what I understood. Is there anything else I should know? Thank you for your response :)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

What is Mid-Playthrough?
* during server running, or
* just also meant server off, change mods, restart ?

As at first option, remove a mod during server running can cause crash,
and the other option, as I do on Asia Thailand, switch from technic to techage
* just use minetest_remover or rewrite it to delete unknown (old mod nodes) or change them to new needed items.

If luaentities as also happen sometime at my server, I just use /clearobjects to get rid off, or prepare it earlier = change mod to let all entities die before take mod off, and stuck with left entities after.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)