Imagine Corruption Cards For Minetest

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

Imagine Corruption Cards For Minetest

by Inocudom » Post

Do you like randomizers? If so, have you ever heard of GZDoom's Corruption Cards mod? Look here:
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?t=67939
What do you think would happen if a mod like this was made for Minetest? What kind of cards would you expect to see?

Xerenogan
GitHub: Xerenogan
IRC: awells
In-game: Xerenogan

Re: Imagine Corruption Cards For Minetest

by Xerenogan » Post

I like randomizers as much as the next guy. I have heard of it.
I guess, something like, losing the ability to jump, increased spawn rates for different things.

j0j0n4th4n

Re: Imagine Corruption Cards For Minetest

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

That is actually a really cool idea. At least in Doom.

In Minetest I think it could be really good too but it is harder to guess because Minetest doesn't have a 'Vanilla' version, the MTG is more of a foundation than a complete game so any system like that would be highly dependent on the mods used.

BUT, I have some ideas on what cards I expect to see:
1) Gravity increase: The increased gravity of the planet makes the player unable to jump higher than a full node or drop from more than 1 node heights without taking damage but also makes the player shorter allowing them to travel through 1 node gaps.

2) Items have weight: The more items the player has the slower they go, but the less item they have the faster they are too!

3) Vampirism: Light become harmful to the player, and eating veggies has no effect. If a mod with creatures is added the player can heal by punching mobs(doesn't include undead mobs), punched mobs become undead and hostile and also are harmed by light.

I think it would be cool if the cards add a positive effect and a negative so choosing a card isn't a punishment but a change in gameplay. Also they would work best in a map designed to use them or custom game, at least that is what I think.
cdb_894a100ddd76