.b3d files

bawhaw

.b3d files

by bawhaw » Post

what application do i use on windows 11 to open .b3d files?

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: .b3d files

by Blockhead » Post

Blender 2.93 (higher versions won't work) with GreenXenith's plugin, or better yet open the source .blend files instead of the b3d directly if they are available (sometimes they are only available through git or similar and not the ContentDB release). And read Using Blender on the wiki as well. Important to note: You cannot import B3D files with animation or shading and expect them to work! (further discussion here).
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

bawhaw

by bawhaw » Post

do you have a url to that version?

Komodo
GitHub: MeseCraft
In-game: Komodo

by Komodo » Post

🌎 Website | 🌲 MeseCraft Game | 📰 News | 🖌️ ContentDB

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

by Mr. Rar » Post

"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

bawhaw

by bawhaw » Post

blockhead says that importing files with animations isn't possible what about exporting files with animations?

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

Exporting .b3d files with animations works. :)
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

Would it be possible to import gLTF files with animation into Blender and export it as an animated b3d?
cdb_894a100ddd76

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

j0j0n4th4n wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 18:02
Would it be possible to import gLTF files with animation into Blender and export it as an animated b3d?
you can import any file format to blender, make appropriate changes, and export to .b3d

j0j0n4th4n

by j0j0n4th4n » Post

But it would still keep the animation?
cdb_894a100ddd76

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

If the animation imports into Blender it would be included in the export to .b3d.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

sirrobzeroone
GitHub: sirrobzeroone

by sirrobzeroone » Post

I haven't had a chance to do a full doco yet (Blockhead asked) but as this info fits best under this I'll add it here for now.

Import B3D to Blender and keep animation
Took me a bit of trial and error to get this to work and it is a bit tedious but has worked on every B3d file I've tried it on so far, but there's bound to be an exception at some point.

You'll need Fragmotion, Blender 2.79 and then as probably most of us edit in modern blender version (I use 2.9) with the b3d exporter (https://github.com/GreenXenith/io_scene_b3d). Bit beyond these dot point instructions to go through how to use Blender for that I recommend Nathans youtube videos as a good start followed by the literal ton of other blender videos on there :).
  • Install Fragmotion - Once you run out of trial you can re-activate for free by typing out the lords prayer it is slightly tedious but works and costs nil often important for those of us on a nil budget
  • Import b3d file to Fragmotion
  • Export to milkshape format from Fragmotion (ms3d)
  • Open Blender 2.79 and install the milkshape plugin it should be available under the plugin repository.
  • Import the ms3d file you just exported
  • Save as a native .blend file
  • Open current blender and open your .blend file you just created
  • This works best if you delete camera and lightsource but you can just not select those. Select mesh and animation bones and rotate around z in object mode from memory -90 degrees. This will place the model back on the correct axis for MT - make sure that animation rig rotates as well or the animations will be all sideways (test by going to animation view while in object mode and press play)
  • re-save as .blend - gets you to the base point ready to do edits/additions
  • Do your edits and then export to b3d (make sure your in object mode when you export), If you can upload your .blend file somewhere with the b3d file so the next persons doesn't have the same issues they will very much thank you :)
Do keep an eye on the Z axis I have on a few models noticed they get lifted a little, I may have just bumped the keyboard but it has happened enough times now with a consistent amount I don't think so. The other thing to watch is some very old b3d meshes aren't centered on X/Y so best to fix that. I recommend not messing with scaling as they will export the correct size...well unless your edit is to make the mesh bigger/smaller but that can be done directly on the entity def so not sure anyone would be doing that.

Good Luck