Effortless Building Minetest Proposal

hipuujin

Effortless Building Minetest Proposal

by hipuujin » Post

I would love to adapt the https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc ... -building/ mod for this game. It is very pleasant to use it as it is better than the Edit mode.

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

Re: Effortless Building Minetest Proposal

by Mr. Rar » Post

Me to! That would be awesome to have even a small amount of the features in that mod. Really puts WorldEdit to shame.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

Mr. Rar wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 16:28
.. That would be awesome to have even a small amount of the features in that mod. ...
A few years ago I made a mod which made building easier.
viewtopic.php?&t=19524
It is deprecated, and I don't know if it still works, so I would advise against using it.
I wanted to add more features like scanning patters, building straight lines and more worldedit like features, but I never did.
Can your read this?

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

I am building some thing similar for my own project, but a major bottleneck that Minetest has is that it's still not possible to create custom keybinds. That means that there is a limited number of actions which you can make accessible by simple key press and for the rest you have to either create more items or have the player open a formspec to toggle various options, which impedes the flow of actually building stuff.
Another issue is that Minetest isn't very versatile in how you can display info to the player. Right now I have to rely on custom objects to show what exactly is going on.

hipuujin

by hipuujin » Post

cx384 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 18:47
Mr. Rar wrote:
.. That would be awesome to have even a small amount of the features in that mod. ...
viewtopic.php?&t=19524
It is deprecated, and I don't know if it still works, so I would advise against using it.
I wanted to add more features like scanning patters, building straight lines and more worldedit like features, but I never did.
WIP mods are generally more prone to crashing, so I'm not too close.

Hi...

Can't we find a way to make the Editor mode simpler? For example, let's add an object to our field, we can actually transform its properties in Effortless Building into many objects. This plugin is very nice, but its absence is very lacking. Undo in Editor is very complicated.

In addition, Editor is not very intuitive, very useless.

Mr. Rar
GitHub: MrRar
In-game: MrRar

by Mr. Rar » Post

cx384 wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 18:47
Mr. Rar wrote:
viewtopic.php?&t=19524
Nice. I didn't know about your mod.
I made one to: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17075

My mod needs something that your mod has: the fill block should be placed at the players feet if they aren't pointing at anything. This removes the need to create scaffolding to use fill in high places.
"Only in Christ do we find real love, and the fullness of life. And so I invite you today to look to Christ." - St. John Paul II

hipuujin

by hipuujin » Post

Not as intuitive as Effortless Building.

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

While we are listing mods with building tools there is also this: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14097

hipuujin

by hipuujin » Post

I've looked at both mods. Unfortunately it's not as intuitive as I'd like.