[MOD] Mod to grant privileges in an area

Mowgli

[MOD] Mod to grant privileges in an area

by Mowgli » Post

Hi,

I created a simple mod named permit_areas, which is allowing to grant privileges (like fly or creative) just in a special area.

See https://www.ethgen.ch/cgi-bin/gitweb.cg ... ;a=summary

Unfortunately I cannot post in the mods release forum so I post it here.

Comments welcome but give me some time to answer as I will not look for new posts every day.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

Re: [MOD] Mod to grant privileges in an area

by Blockhead » Post

Your SSL cert is issued by CAcert.org, which isn't in Firefox's default set of certs, at least under Linux. And I even have a few more installed that adds certain issuers. Might want to include info/link to page on how to set up these certs for people like me. (As an aside, I've personally I've always used Let's Encrypt and CertBot, not sure what this other service does better).
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

You are correct, the mods release forum is for mods that have been listed here, and shown that they are in compliance with posting to that forum.

Here, you can post your code on a trusted git host that others can easily access, and view the code. If your code is not open sourced, then you cannot provide any type of link. You can also post a zipped file here, however, that is less likely to get viewed.

Shad

Mowgli

OT: Trusted Host and Cert

by Mowgli » Post

Well, you can use http://www.ethgen.ch/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi ... ;a=summary (without the s). There is no reason to have ssl here. However, the whole ssl infrastructure is that corrupted that there can be no trust in any one The CAcert one is the least corrupted one in that business. And I have a valid TLSA in DNSSEC to check. LetsEncrypt does drive the ssl certificates to the next level of absurdity. They only least 3 months and you have no way to always check the validity of the cert every month (as they rolling them over every month). Furthermore, I do not want an automated script to change my config.

As for trusted host, this host is hosted by me myself. It does not censor my code nor does it take my code under kin liability as the major git platforms do. By the way, that is also the main git host for geeqie image viewer...

You can even download as tar.bz (https://www.ethgen.ch/cgi-bin/gitweb.cg ... 2c;sf=tbz2)

The license is GPL3, however, have to add a license file...

Mowgli

by Mowgli » Post

Side note: About trusted git hosts, at least yesterday, github was not reachable most of the whole day. My host was...