Subnautica

Betta
In-game: Betta

Subnautica

by Betta » Post

Anyone played or heard about Subnautica? ''it is an open world survival game in development by Unknown Worlds Entertainment. Subnautica allows the player to explore an aquatic alien planet by scuba diving and traveling in submersibles, while collecting resources and food to survive.''

It would be great if there's a subgame like this on minetest, I'm pretty sure it would be easy enough to create it on minetest with a few mods. I'm not really good at game programming and I can only make a subgame by cutting and pasting codes and combine them together to make it work but I can try making one. But if anyone can make this on minetest, that would be great :D

azekill_DIABLO
GitHub: azekillDIABLO
In-game: azekill_DIABLO

Re: Subnautica

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

it would be anice idea, but for the monsters???

gigantic 3d models are not a great idea it does lag! for the mapgen it's easy, it would even be able to do this ;)
Gone, but not dead. Contact me on discord: azekill_DIABLO#6565
DMs are always open if you want to get in touch!

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

IGP does that series on YT. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to fully recreate xD
(You can set the max water spawn height to +whateveryouwant in the settings)
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

There's the old modpack called sea but it's mainly useless decoration and no game mechanics. Would be nice if someone built a subgame around it! I can imagine a "Flooded World" type of environment with existing mapgen but with water level att Y 200 or similar…

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

texmex wrote:There's the old modpack called sea but it's mainly useless decoration and no game mechanics. Would be nice if someone built a subgame around it! I can imagine a "Flooded World" type of environment with existing mapgen but with water level att Y 200 or similar…
but the problem with underwater buildings is that the water does not flow into empty spaces of nodes that don't fill the whole node space (like stairs), so it will look very ugly or you can only use full blocks, which is just as ugly :P

i propose a method to create air filled spheres to build in ;)
maybe this can be done with an "Enigma Sphere" which is a block with an ABM like tree saplings that grows into a large glass sphere.
this could be available in different sizes and then the player can break parts to attach doors and connecting paths bewteen spheres.

the glass could be force placed, but the inside must be empty so that the ground and whatever else is there stays intact inside the sphere. this also means that the water stays too, so a sponge block would be needed to remove water. then you could place sponges inside the sphere to dry it up, then remove them so that the outside is completely closed in by water again.

=(^.^)=
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

texmex

by texmex » Post

Yes, non-full nodes not flooding is still a problem. Sea modpack has some flickery hack to solve it but it's not pretty. Engine need to start supporting it. A game could still be built around underwater full nodes however.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

yes. hwoever, the sea mod could be a very good base for a subnautica style game!

texmex

by texmex » Post

Here's an interesting MC mod to draw inspiration from, Aquasphere.

azekill_DIABLO

by azekill_DIABLO » Post

that looks awesome!