Game Ideas/Requests here

Eris
IRC: definitelya Ovalo
In-game: Eris_still_crafts

Re: Game Ideas/Requests here

by Eris » Post

Patrick65 suggested One Hour One Life, and I have a similar idea, here goes:

you are the (last generation/ an important group) of your (primitive/ sentient/ animal-like) species;
the world as you know it will be (destroyed/ radically changed) by a calamity of some kind very soon (could be irl hours, a day, week or even month).
(as local tradition wants/ unknowingly), your group has settled near an indestructible, (ineffable obelisk/ incredibly ancient artifact) that has melded with the world (maybe at the spawn?);
with the power of which, time will be set back (once for each time warp, only after Doomsday ;) ) at the start of the server, with everything else getting reset except for the structure and that (a chosen one among you/ a group of you) will essentially retain the "value" they gained in this last period of their life.

By value, I mean a type chosen at random, after the cataclism, by the (forces/ divinity) that came to your aid because of the structure: could be any cool statistic measurable in-game, dunno, and quotas could be added that, if not fulfilled, will grant none of you benefits for the next jump in time (which, again, could be any cool advantage like being immortal etc.).

The core of the game would be trying to keep up with the (rapidly changing planet temperature/ ever more numerous cosmic invaders/ global nuclear winter/ ...) conditions, while also competing to get to be the one reaping the benefits of transcending!

... Can you tell I really love meta-gameplay???
Jump in the caac

enbylvania

by enbylvania » Post

I don't know if this is possible in the Minetest Engine, I just got the game yesterday and I don't know programming. I have no expectation anyone will actually make this because it's a lot of work.

A gameplay based on small nodes. Nodes are 0.008 cubic metres Blocks are a coordinate/aesthetic system of grouping 25 nodes together to make meshed textures and find coordinates in the world. Players are 8 nodes tall and, not including arms, 2 nodes wide. The standard tree trunk, at the middle of the tree's height, would be 3 nodes wide. When mining or chopping wood, one is striking a single node at a time. No more half-standard size nodes - every placed object has a hitbox at least the size of a standard node. Some things, like stairs, would be essentially special arrangements of nodes rather than their own unique nodes. Players can jump 2 nodes high unaided.

It would have most of the features Minecraft had back in version 1.8 + some of the features of Millenaire + bronze, brass, arsenical bronze, copper, steel, fermentation mod + a lot of Better Than Wolves content

(if anyone's interested I can go into more detail about what things I want in it vs what I don't want)

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

enbylvania wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 18:21
I don't know if this is possible in the Minetest Engine, I just got the game yesterday and I don't know programming. I have no expectation anyone will actually make this because it's a lot of work.

A gameplay based on small nodes. Nodes are 0.008 cubic metres Blocks are a coordinate/aesthetic system of grouping 25 nodes together to make meshed textures and find coordinates in the world. Players are 8 nodes tall and, not including arms, 2 nodes wide. The standard tree trunk, at the middle of the tree's height, would be 3 nodes wide. When mining or chopping wood, one is striking a single node at a time. No more half-standard size nodes - every placed object has a hitbox at least the size of a standard node. Some things, like stairs, would be essentially special arrangements of nodes rather than their own unique nodes. Players can jump 2 nodes high unaided.

It would have most of the features Minecraft had back in version 1.8 + some of the features of Millenaire + bronze, brass, arsenical bronze, copper, steel, fermentation mod + a lot of Better Than Wolves content

(if anyone's interested I can go into more detail about what things I want in it vs what I don't want)
if i remember correctly, it is possible to resize the player. adjusting walking speed and jump height is definitely possible. then you'd just have to remove mesh nodes so that everything has to be made out of full blocks. doors , chests and beds can probably be upscaled like the player, but beyond that it gets complicated.
even if they appear in the right size, they would still only occupy 1 node. another problem is textures, specifically tree trunks. don't mention liquids...
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Yona

by Yona » Post

Escape the Cube!

Its not a original idea but a interesting one been playing around with.

So far made a cube with 27 rooms for testing and using the teleportgate to go from room to room. Would be cool if the cubes could move around in random positions but the mechanics would be hard to implement. But making a massive cube with alot of rooms with traps and different designs like colors or textures is doable.

If the cube was large enough it would be a challenge just to get to the outer shell without dying, maybe only one exit and numbers or clues to find the exit.

Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-48-10.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-48-10.png (868.75 KiB) Viewed 824 times
Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-47-46.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-47-46.png (491.03 KiB) Viewed 824 times

This room was filled with water and trying to get out before dying.
Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-30-46.png
Screenshot from 2023-11-22 16-30-46.png (160.01 KiB) Viewed 824 times