WasteLands: Survival (Minetest 5.3.x)

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: WasteLands: Survival (Minetest 0.5.*)

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Pity I don't know anything about animations or models creation. I would have helped... :/
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Red_King_Cyclops

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:We're looking for some help with the animations if anyone wants to help please let us know...
Maybe you could do some tests with mobs_redo's animation option.

I read somewhere that there are "animated meshes."
Currently working on new mods.

Melkor

by Melkor » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:We're looking for some help with the animations if anyone wants to help please let us know...
I can help, i have basic knowledge of animation in blender, but i'm a bit slow, so its going to take me some time and real life is a issue too :)

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

It would a great help Melkor!!
Do you have discord? that would make it much simpler talking to the team and hearing there suggestions, etc.
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

Re: WasteLands: Survival (Minetest 5.1.x)

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

I would like to see a discord for this project, so there is a central place where those interested in developing it can coordinate. The forum isn't realy suited for that kind of interaction.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

Re: WasteLands: Survival (Minetest 5.1.x)

by StarNinjas » Post

Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

Re: WasteLands: Survival (Minetest 5.2.x)

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

Attention to anyone interested in this project!!! There's an alpha early access build on the GitHub. So if you want to test it out feel free to do so...
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

So, I cant download the game, see the issue I created for details...

Is there active development on this? I may be willing to help, if there is active development.

GamingAssociation39

MisterE wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 21:24
So, I cant download the game, see the issue I created for details...

Is there active development on this? I may be willing to help, if there is active development.
Yes there's still active development. Sometimes slow but we're still putting some time into it. If you download the release build then you should have no issues. Some people had to get super busy with life recently so everything has slowed down.
Last edited by GamingAssociation39 on Mon Aug 31, 2020 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

GamingAssociation39

I've just released v0.4 pre-release... If anyone wants to try it out please click the link below:

https://github.com/Gerold55/WasteLands_ ... s/tag/v0.4

u34

by u34 » Post

GamingAssociation39 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 13:21
I've just released v0.4 pre-release... If anyone wants to try it out please click the link below:

i installed this game with version 5.3.0 of minetest! does this go good or need I 5.2.x version?

how do i cut down wood? do i need a tool for it?

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Digging around in most dirt types has a chance to drop bone shards then get a stick from dry shrubs or gorse, with that you can make a bone dagger.
That is enough to dig logs, slowly. Once you hava a crafting bench you can make a bone hatcht, for faster wood diging. The next tool stage is metal scraps, which are currently obtainable only from loot in the structures.
Also rightclick with the knife on a log to strip its bark and get a little bit of food.

GamingAssociation39

cHyper wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 16:50
GamingAssociation39 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 13:21

i installed this game with version 5.3.0 of minetest! does this go good or need I 5.2.x version?

how do i cut down wood? do i need a tool for it?
Yes to chop a tree down you need a tool

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

by chef trip » Post

hi y'all, it's been 2+ years since the last post on this thread, so i'm assuming all progress on this subgame is now dead. i found this thread by doing a google search for "aftermath" which will be coming back online soon.

i've quoted the post below because there are actually numerous servers/subgames with a similar lore/concept. since this is open source software, and there were some cool looking models created for this game, it sure would be nice to maybe at least re-use some of the assets from this game on some of the surviving (and re-introduced servers, like 'Aftermath', which, according to maikerumine, should be back online soon).

just from the posts i've read on this thread, there seems to have been some pretty cool mods created (or modified) for this game/server, like the bone daggers, and right click to peel bark from trees, and to find grubs/food.

too many projects start and sputter out, but since/if we have public code, at least the interesting and working parts of now defunct subgames could live on in other, similar projects/games, that's the beauty of open source games/projects.

cool to see that there are several other similar games, i would even add 'Exile' to the list, which, while not exactly a barren landscape, it's brutally hard, and while u may see plenty of things in the world, u can't collect or eat most things, until you level up, or craft and build certain things, or do enough mining deep enough, or find loot which can help you.

anyone active, or formerly active with, or familiar with this project, care to comment on if there are working bits of this subgame which can be used to add to other subgames/servers?

really looking forward to 'Aftermath' coming back online soon. maybe some bits of wastelands could live on in the aftermath.
twoelk wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 17:04
so does this build on the old games of similar name?
like:
Wasteland
Wasteland TNG
and inspired by these:
dYSToPiA

or will it be more like:
Apocalypse Survival
Post-Apocalyptic World (aftermath)

or rather themed on an other world such like among many others the games:
Minetest_Hades
Hades Revisited

not to forget all them games themed on barren worlds with only limited or difficult access to even basic resources.

hopefully not just another zombie apocalypse remake, although we could do with a really well made version in that genre.

I mean I could look if I find some of your code and study that - but today I feel like I'll just ask some silly questions and try and remind the people of the wealth of old games we have, some of which contain brilliant ideas that deserve to live on.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain