Are you willing to collaborate to make a new game?

Red_King_Cyclops

Are you willing to collaborate to make a new game?

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

Recently, many users have been calling for a new, quality game made by a team. If you would like to work on such a game, make a reply here.
Currently working on new mods.

ShadMOrdre

Re: Are you willing to collaborate to make a new game?

by ShadMOrdre » Post

Certainly willing. I would rather dedicate efforts to the existing project that would assist in the goal of this project.

So, what kind of game do you have in mind? Fantasy, sci-fi, modern? RPG, RTS, MMO, 3D Shooter,...? Do you have a mods list that you are working with? Do you want to include custom media, ie sounds, textures, models? What game mechanics do you have in mind? Is crafting a central component of the game? Is survival or creative a consideration? How do users actually level up, advance, or otherwise progress to the end goal? Is there an end goal? Is there a story? Are mobs, or more accurately, NPCs and AI, a part of the generated world? If so, how are player interactions handled? Is there a dialog system? Are there special moves? Is there any behavior that deviates from the standard MC/MT way of doing things? I, and most likely, others, could go on and on and on.........

There are so many questions to ask, answers to be questioned, and other details to be worked out, long before projects can really actually begin anything, short of someone offering up a prototype to try and stir interest.

I would strongly encourage you to ask a much more specific and detailed question. "Is anyone willing to collaborate in the making of a put your game description here styled game?

The more details you provide in your request, the easier it will be for the rest of us to decide if we want to participate.

Just some helpful hints..... :) So again, what do you have in mind?

Shad

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Sure I'm willing... if I like the game idea.

I won't work on just anything; I need to know what the game is going to be like before I decide to work on it.

So, just give the idea of what kind of game you want to make and then people may be more willing to collaborate. It can be either a general description (the team members all decide on what will be in it) or a very specific description (you know exactly what will be in it and the collaborators agree with that fact).
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

Red_King_Cyclops

In response to both of you:

I made this topic so I could see the people who would want to work on a new game in general, but I realize that I should ask people to work on a new game when they know what they would be working on. I have thought of some ideas for a game, but I want to use an idea that would suit must people, be grand enough to have a team working on it, and be original. Also, I haven't found many ideas from the game ideas topic that I like.

Here are some aspects of a new game that I would like to see:
  • A story (lore and campaigns)
  • Science fiction or fantasy
  • RPG
  • NPCs and quests

ShadMOrdre

by ShadMOrdre » Post

So, for a quickstart, take a peek at my current Dev World Full. While certainly not complete, it contains many mods which are actually geared towards RPG / Adventure games. There are NPCs and wildlife, there are spawing villages, the world already looks quite natural due to my lib_ecology / lib_materials mods. There is a good setup of player features, armor, skins, and other eyecandy notwithstanding, but sys4_quests, awards, and skills_framework, really round out the player. The mods just need to be updated to reflect any changes from the defaults.

This project is also at the heart of my Game Dev API project, as I am essentially pulling the functionality out of the Dev World Full code, and reorganizing, refactoring, and rewriting most of it. My goal is to separate code from content, as much as possible, so that developing MT games is an easier process for the standard MT game dev team of 1.

Shad

Red_King_Cyclops

I came up with a detailed game idea here.

GamingAssociation39
GitHub: Gerold55
IRC: Gerold55
In-game: Gerold55

by GamingAssociation39 » Post

I've been looking into getting more people on my team to work on WLS...
Jesus Is Lord and Savior!!!