How large is Nodecore getting?

Red_King_Cyclops

How large is Nodecore getting?

by Red_King_Cyclops » Post

On Content DB, I found a game called Nodecore, and I was surprised to find several mods and texture packs that were Nodecore only (instead of being MTG only). How large is this game getting?

https://content.minetest.net/packages/?q=nodecore
Currently working on new mods.

Kimapr
GitHub: Kimapr
IRC: Kimapr
In-game: Kimapr

Re: How large is Nodecore getting?

by Kimapr » Post

nodecore is best minetest game ever.
Ek59C88tAsaQuRAw6PCPsGFDozj1FuZ4

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I'd say it beats MTG without mods. It's a great game. And I hope it keeps growing
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

PolySaken
GitHub: PolySaken-I-Am
In-game: PolySaken

by PolySaken » Post

Nodecore is an amazing game. If I were to pick a game to replace mtg, nodecore would be it. It has some drawbacks, but overall it's the best complete game for the minetest engine so far.
Guidebook Lib, for in-game docs | Poly Decor, some cool blocks | Vision Lib, an all-purpose library.

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

Are there good servers where it can be played ? I tried once according to its name but apparently it was not a nodecore game.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

Warr1024
GitHub: Warr1024
IRC: Warr1024
In-game: Warr1024

by Warr1024 » Post

https://nodecore.mine.nu/wiki/index.php ... er_Servers

"Community" and "Kimapr's Not-Sky Land" are the most "vanilla" experiences. All of them should be on the public server list, too.

Warr1024
GitHub: Warr1024
IRC: Warr1024
In-game: Warr1024

by Warr1024 » Post

FYI, we now finally have an official forum topic: ?t=24857

Pyrollo
Developer
GitHub: pyrollo
In-game: Naj

by Pyrollo » Post

Warr1024 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 15:17
FYI, we now finally have an official forum topic: ?t=24857
I hope that you'll end up with a official forum category :)

Actually I was thinking about that. If there are several games and mods ecosystems, I hope forum organization will have something like a sub forum per ecosystem.
[ Display Modpack ] - [ Digiterms ] - [ Crater MG ] - [ LATE ]

cuthbertdoublebarrel
GitHub: cuthbert

by cuthbertdoublebarrel » Post

PolySaken wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 06:02
Nodecore is an amazing game. If I were to pick a game to replace mtg, nodecore would be it. It has some drawbacks, but overall it's the best complete game for the minetest engine so far.
imo It is amazingly boring . the basic textures look terrible.and its a lifeless and sterile looking world. if you want to replace MTG barebones with somthing even less appealing, then nodebore is it .
if it is ment to be a fully fledged game with its own dedicated mods then it needs kicking out of the nest . put in its own sub game section to keep the mods seperated from the rest .
prehaps on DB an extra tab could be added under all packages to achieve this .
Project BrutalTest...hide your Petz

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

cuthbertdoublebarrel wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:24
PolySaken wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 06:02
imo It is amazingly boring . the basic textures look terrible.and its a lifeless and sterile looking world. if you want to replace MTG barebones with somthing even less appealing, then nodebore is it .
if it is ment to be a fully fledged game with its own dedicated mods then it needs kicking out of the nest . put in its own sub game section to keep the mods seperated from the rest .
prehaps on DB an extra tab could be added under all packages to achieve this .
Nodecore's beauty isn't in its looks (There are texturepacks/mods for that though), it's in how it works, to put it simply.

How far did you get when playing the game? When did you last play it?
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

cuthbertdoublebarrel

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 16:26
Nodecore's beauty isn't in its looks (There are texturepacks/mods for that though), it's in how it works, to put it simply.
I got far enough to know that i did not like it .
now you tell us a game you dislike and I will convince you to like it .

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Thu Oct 15, 2020 19:13
Lone_Wolf wrote:
How far was that though? Did you get lode tools? Did you infuse them with Lux?

Yvanhoe

by Yvanhoe » Post

Nodecore is hard. I think the good path it to start playing at MTG and switch to nodecore if you find MTG too easy. I love nodecore's mentality, I wish the game helped you a bit more figure out the recipes though. Also, but I know this would be to big a change to have a chance of happening, I think it would be more manageable with smaller blocks. Like 50% smaller. Right now doing a furnace requires building a whole room.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 01:45
Thu Oct 15, 2020 19:13
Lone_Wolf wrote:
How far was that though? Did you get lode tools? Did you infuse them with Lux?
Did you crank up the differculty by increasing the spawn rate ?
add more monsters to increase the challange . did you swap out the minimal GUI . ? add other elements ?
or are you just bumbling around a safe sterile world slowly solving puzzles ?

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

imo It is amazingly boring . the basic textures look terrible.and its a lifeless and sterile looking world.
I know. There are no dolls, dresses, combs or bows to tie dolls hair back. There are no a thousand colorful toys and blocks to build a house and school. You can't milk a cow there, and you can't kill a kitten with super mese sword. You can't pick flowers to make a beautiful bouquet for mom. It doesn't even have chairs, so you could only stand there and you got tired. I understand it perfectly. Only some particular players - very boring by the way, talking together about incomprehensible things - enjoy the challenges of NodeCore, where they have to think, not click. Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure Minetest has games that you understand and feel good at. After all, you can't understand and like everything that exists. You have to dislike something.

cuthbertdoublebarrel

parasite wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:40
imo It is amazingly boring . the basic textures look terrible.and its a lifeless and sterile looking world.
I know. There are no dolls, dresses, combs or bows to tie dolls hair back. There are no a thousand colorful toys and blocks to build a house and school. You can't milk a cow there, and you can't kill a kitten with super mese sword. You can't pick flowers to make a beautiful bouquet for mom. It doesn't even have chairs, so you could only stand there and you got tired. I understand it perfectly. Only some particular players - very boring by the way, talking together about incomprehensible things - enjoy the challenges of NodeCore, where they have to think, not click. Thanks for your feedback. I'm sure Minetest has games that you understand and feel good at. After all, you can't understand and like everything that exists. You have to dislike something.
LOL it was nice of you to share your girly playthings, but be a good little brat and put them back in your pram . this is minetest not my little pony . now trot on with your pathetic attempt at trolling .