[Opinion] Planning to create an open world story driven game

dark_knight
GitHub: karmakarmeghdip
In-game: dark_knight

[Opinion] Planning to create an open world story driven game

by dark_knight » Post

I had been writing plots for my quest driven systemic open world immersive sim medieval game "Dark Knights".
It will be an open world game where players can complete their objectives any way they wish.
Players can ally with any character and can even kill anyone. They can accept quests, capture forts, loot buildings, etc.
Also It will be a singleplayer game.It will be a map based game custom made by me.

I am new to minetest so any help would be appreciated.

#Any mods that I can include?
#Are there any formspec builders for aid?
#How do I make interactive npc-s?
#Are there any tools to make
and edit custom maps easily?
#Are there any Bow and arrows mod with different types of arrows like fire arrow that sets things on fire and explosive arrow which blows on impact? I couldn't find any!
#Any alternative base to minetest-game, which is minimal and I can build upon?
#Simple Character animation? Is it possible?
#What is the standard code organization in the community? I mean do they create individual mods for implementing individual nodes and how much should I put in init.lua what should I make separate files for??
#Can I implement call of duty style regenerating health where the screen goes red when hurt and shows a temporary red waypoint towards the direction of impact??
#Is there any function to change the camera mode from first person to third person when the player like rides a horse or a boat??
#A more complex combat system than just repeatedly striking the sword like parrying enemy attacks or combos. Is it possible to implement and are there any mods that has implemented it?
Thanks for your attention! !
Last edited by dark_knight on Fri Feb 07, 2020 13:53, edited 4 times in total.

dark_knight

Re: [Opinion] Planning to create an open world story driven

by dark_knight » Post

Thanks man for all the links.
Gonna crunch through the links.
1-Nice idea brings to my mind the nodecores design philosophy, I will check it out though that it is easy to use and not introduce any unnecessary complications.

2-Well it works but not quite what I expected. I have to constantly change values in textboxes not interact with elements by like dragging them but still loads better than writing a single line of unintuitive declarative line of string.
EDIT:Loved the scarlet project by the way Also can I use different fonts from Google fonts rather than the default one? Also I added few new questions in the main post!

FireAlphaT

by FireAlphaT » Post

Last edited by FireAlphaT on Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:16, edited 1 time in total.

dark_knight

by dark_knight » Post

Well thanks for the reply any way.
To be clear, by character animation I meant npcs moving their hands when hurt or something like that.
Also I believe I can register a callback event that shows a hud image element with blood effects. Gotta read the lua_api.txt but its painful to read.
Also in the modding. It shows folder structure. I am asking about what code should I keep in the init.lua and what should I dedicate a separate file for. Nevertheless I went through the minerpg source code and I think I got it.
Thanks for answering by the way!!

FireAlphaT

by FireAlphaT » Post