What is the hardest game on ContentDB?

UniexAdmin
GitHub: UniexAdmin
In-game: Uniex

What is the hardest game on ContentDB?

by UniexAdmin » Post

Looking for some challenge. Actually playing Epic combat, so if there's another game which is harder then you can post it down here.

I'll appreciate every answer.
amogus
cdb_9c67c81fe372

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

Re: What is the hardest game on ContentDB?

by debiankaios » Post

Spontaneous i would say Exile. The problem is it has no mobs which would do this game harder. I thought already about a game called “Hell Survival”, which would be harder then rlcraft in mc. But i have no time.

UniexAdmin
GitHub: UniexAdmin
In-game: Uniex

by UniexAdmin » Post

debiankaios wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 14:48
Spontaneous i would say Exile. The problem is it has no mobs which would do this game harder. I thought already about a game called “Hell Survival”, which would be harder then rlcraft in mc. But i have no time.
thanks <3
amogus
cdb_9c67c81fe372

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

We plan on adding more mobs. There are areas which definitely need more danger. The bottleneck is models/textures/animations. My current focus though is making it easier to learn the game's unusual mechanics.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

NodeCore because I have NO idea how to progress further than the weird "adze" (???) and I don't care enough to figure it out or "cheat" by looking at walkthroughs or stuff. Color Hop is also very hard, it is very confusing.

This reminds me, I should definitely take a look on the other Minetest games from time to time.

Tim790
GitHub: Tim79000
In-game: Tim7

by Tim790 » Post

skill issue
Yeet.

Astrobe

by Astrobe » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 19:17
NodeCore because I have NO idea how to progress further than the weird "adze" (???) and I don't care enough to figure it out or "cheat" by looking at walkthroughs or stuff. Color Hop is also very hard, it is very confusing.

This reminds me, I should definitely take a look on the other Minetest games from time to time.
FWIW, some time ago I had a group of friends playing on my test server. One complained it was stupidly difficult, and the other answered it was pretty easy. Other random players told me that it was "beyond punishing".

Difficulty is subjective. I tried to introduce my game without an MC/MT culture and they found it undecipherable. I was like that too a long time ago when I tried MTG for the first time (0.4.x era) and without an MC culture nor a crafting book, a dropped the thing very quickly. I think your tutorial wasn't out there at that time, or hiding in the forums. It would have helped a lot, I think.

My point is that the type of difficulty that happens because players don't know what to do, have to figure things out and get punished for doing the wrong thing, is a bad kind of difficulty. To make things worse, the longer your explanations are, the less likely it is players will read it.

I know, a possible solution is an interactive tutorial set in a safe newbie area, but it takes quite some effort to do it, and do it right.
My game? It's Minefall.

SuperStarSonic
GitHub: Python-Sargent
In-game: SuperStarSonic

by SuperStarSonic » Post

Exile is definitely first in my book, but have you tried Glitch?
Glitch is talked about in it's own topic, so you may want to go there to find out more.