companion animals/mobs - or, what i like/miss most about MC (Mesecraft suggestion)

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

companion animals/mobs - or, what i like/miss most about MC (Mesecraft suggestion)

by chef trip » Post

i've never owned MC, just played it a little bit on playstation with my nephew, who taught me a lot, and really helped me enjoy MT, but in the very little time i've played, and then playing MC2 in MT, i really appreciate having companion animals, such as the dog in MC/MC2 who help you fight off hostile mobs, or riding animals, like the horse, which really help you get around, and with more safety from mobs.

recently i discovered Mesecraft, which is pretty friggin awesome, but it sure would be nice to have some pack of friendly/companion mobs to be your own little army, and animals you can, ride, fly, or swim with or on! that would really elevate it past MC, but atm, there's none as far as i can tell.

in the water it would be nice to have a mob u can ride, or skim on the water's surface, faster than a boat, or water 'dog' type mob(s) to fight off the hostile mobs in the water.

it would be awesome to have some giant friendly dragon or eagle like mob (but something really unique and fantastic) to explore the sky islands with, this is sorely lacking.

and it would be great to have some cave mob which u can use to navigate underground more easily, with the ability to smash some nodes, and illuminate a bit, like deep sea creatures do.

while on the subject of deep sea creatures, it would be very cool to discover different mobs only at certain elevations, like we get with caverns and minerals, so really high up might be these blimp like mobs only about 5k nodes! how to get there, i don't know, maybe there can be scattered books across the worlds with lore and instructions on how to summon them, like there are enchantment scrolls or whatever in MC. something like an ocarina to summon the giant owl in zelda games.

also, deep sea would find huge whale like creatures which you can ride and have their own bioluminescence. they are way deeper than you can hold ur breath for. maybe u can only get them when they come up for air, and u can use them like elevators to the depths.

one thing which already exists and is somewhat relevant, and not already included in Mesecraft (although i added it to mine, and no conflicts), is goblins! it's a very good mod, quite a few different goblins, and they range from friendly to hostile, useful to nuisance, and make the underground feel more inhabited by some type of social creatures.

i also love to see it when mobs attack other mobs. that makes total sense, because in nature, it's survival of the fittest, and if you don't stay sharp, you perish. that already exists, but it could use some refinement. maybe like playing a rock paper scissors type game. if you might encounter some fearsome mob, it might really be a lifesaver to deploy or spawn some mob which can help you, or even scare or distract the fearsome mob. sorta like the elephant and mouse dynamic, although not sure if that's real, just for the example.
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain