A multiplayer game based in Battle for Wesnoth

JALdMIC
In-game: None

A multiplayer game based in Battle for Wesnoth

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English.
I have this idea of a game like capture the flag based in the game battle for Wesnoth,in case you don't know this, Battle for Wesnoth is one of the best free soft games who are and have one of the most active communities,is a strategic game of turns,i think will be a good idea made like a spin off whit the Minetest game,this spin off will be a multiplayer game of team vs team with some of the units of the game(the game has really a lot of units so will be better start with just a few from the loyalist faction,(humans medieval knights)),in Wesnoth the units can level up and become new types of units,this will be a interesting game-play.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: A multiplayer game based in Battle for Wesnoth

by firefox » Post

if you want to recreate the MT game mod "capture the flag" in BfW, shouldn't this post go in the BfW forum?
(and if i remember correctly, BfW used to have a scenario which was quite similar to capture the flag, just with a football instead of a flag.)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

SuperStarSonic
GitHub: Python-Sargent
In-game: SuperStarSonic

by SuperStarSonic » Post

Since it is turn based it may be even harder than you said, unless you did everything using entities and such.
But then you would have to figure out the API for path finding and the different defendability for different hexagons.

JALdMIC
In-game: None

by JALdMIC » Post

I don't speak English
I think i don't explain my idea correctly,i refer to a real time version of the game in Minetest,i even do some versions of the units.