[Solved]Help setting up live web world map?

Joseph16
In-game: smb3

[Solved]Help setting up live web world map?

by Joseph16 » Post

I'm trying to make a minetest tile server for my server and I'm using this:https://github.com/thomasrudin-mt/minetest-tile-server to try and make a live web overview of my server. Trouble is I have little experience with this kind of stuff. I am finding conflicting documentation and have no clue what to do. If anyone has experience with this mod/program and made it work, maybe you could give me a detailed and full guide on making it work from scratch. I know it might be a lot to ask but someone did make it work as there is a demo available from:https://pandorabox.io/map/#0/-1830.125/426.5/11. I'm on windows 10 and am hosting my server on my local pc.
I have downloaded the .jar file and ran it but it says it can't connect to my server even when I configured the IP and port my my server. The guide says a lot of different things though. It says the port is defaulted to 8080, but the actual config file default is 5432. So I don't know what to believe.
Last edited by Joseph16 on Mon May 06, 2019 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Testin' mines since 1989

Joseph16

Re: Help setting up live web world map?

by Joseph16 » Post

Also if there is an easier way do do this let me know :)
Testin' mines since 1989

Joseph16

by Joseph16 » Post

Never mind, I got it to work. How do I delete posts?
Testin' mines since 1989

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

When you say "easier", do you mean an alternative solution? A few years ago I developed a DHTML-based map viewer that shows a realtime listing of players with pins for their locations. It's still in use on my server to this day, and works nicely if you want something lightweight and mobile-friendly, but still dynamic.

It also generates a PNG image for embedding in static Webpages like forums. Here is an example:

If this would be suitable enough for your needs, lmk. Installation is pretty straightforward. The only configuration requirement is setting the path to an assets directory on your Web server.

Edit: Okay, nevermind. I see you already got minetest-tile-server to work. Nice!

Joseph16

Re: [Solved]Help setting up live web world map?

by Joseph16 » Post

Thank you anyway. I will look into your map as well.
Could you link your mod?
Testin' mines since 1989