Topic: A non MultiCraft server list please.
Would it even be possible to add another filter choosing option into the web serverlist,
as now all, version 4.x and version 5.x ... to see the list without those 2.0.0 non original servers ?
as filter 0.4, 5.x instead of protocol version ? not important, but easier to relise for admins
* concurrence servers (same client)
* available gamer in that version (how strong might my server has to be)
as this 'Players: 455/1291 Servers: 319/365' is not helping at all.
* from this 455 players I guess near 200 have a client, that don't even offer our minetest-servers (2 lake fishing), as otherwise this 2.0.0 servers can't be so outstanding in actual gamer online
* ... or update a scan with new data about 0.4, 5.x users, without clones, etc. to imagine what amount of gamer is available in our original source 'lake' ... i guess, it will destroy dreams ... to offer 100 slots, as they never have been or are there ...
just counted 205 gamer on the 2.0.0 version out of 448 shown in list, mean another 243 gamer left for 0.4 and 5.0 ... that opens some eyes I guess ... (= 54 % of all gamer !!)
and then just the first page versions 0.4.x and 5.x share each 80 gamer, mean about half of the left 205 gamer, or each just 25% of all counted minetest gamer (incl. forks, copies, ...)
so result: when even at max of 1.300 gamer,
* 50 % of them are on 2.0.0 ??
* there are just 650 left for true minetest,
* as they share near also 50/50 each true version has just 325 possible gamer for his/her server left ...
just reality haha
* and as most 15 gamer is good (and possible at most servers) we need just 22 servers to pleasure them all,
... still laughing ...
sfan5 wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17
This was raised in 2018 and the old limit was 128, I don't remember what the exact reason was.
You are correct that it's unproven. I haven't ever heard of seen a server with even close to 100 players.
That could be solved a bit - if server have not active this IP-base limiting mod
Maybe tomorrow I am able to check another limit at my server, with - yes real ! - clients, wanna reach 55 and see if I can proofed offer 74 max, what is then 59 gamer without malus ...
(For sure, if there are just mapgen activating gamer, My server also might struggle already at 5 gamer ?,
but we know that at most, 2 are doing this more or less at mining, and at least another 20% are just silent ... crafting, even afk)
If other admin WANT to know more exactly,
to offer ONLY a maximum amount of gamer that can be handled without crash by too much gamer, or limited by reach an not playable lag ... then ask me, it should be possible to fill up your server with a combined request in forum with a date time window, everyone has time and wanna help to find out ?
look this protocol about logins
for not yet one hour ... as Nr. 1 in list, the mismatched flood started again ... today's source most China ...
Who can explain this ?
SFan: if you make a mod for special protocol this connections to a log that you can have ... feel free, I will help you solve this misery - just exclude home network login
as I got report terminal: proto_max=25, proto_max=27 (most), proto_max=28 and proto_max=30
and one proto_max=27 reported (Android) came in, is a known gamer