A non MultiCraft server list please.

GayJesus

Re: A non MultiCraft server list please.

by GayJesus » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 03:33
GayJesus wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 00:37
fact
"Multicraft official servers are no longer on the server list, under the decision of the author."

assumption
"People will lie and say they're official"
So far I check now, that isn't ...
or why can it be, that fE Nico's Servers are on both lists ?

So it is a Multicraft OR it is a minetest ... put onto the multicraft list ==> so it is NOT a minetest ... point !

Source: http://servers.multicraft.world/ and https://servers.minetest.net/

http://minetest.one/jpg/Minetest-Nicos-2021-06-08.png
against
http://minetest.one/jpg/Multicraft-Nicos-2021-06-08.png

I visited the official MultiCraft servers "eu1 nad eu2.multicraft.world and noticed custom textures and mods I think are mc2 based. The Nico , Catlandia and others seem to be MineTest enthusiasts who only use MultiCraft for a larger amount of players. Textures, Mods, Skins are 100% Minetest, Not much forkiness. I can't really blame them for not wanting dead servers. Running MultiCraft opens them up to Iphone and other Apple devices. That's millions of users. In the USA Android users tend to buy a cheap WalMart phone and get ripped off with a horrible, over priced low data plan ie (straight talk). Iphone users are less white trash or ghetto and have extra data and play games.

Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Can you explain this both more exactly ?
GayJesus wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 03:37
I can't really blame them for not wanting dead servers.
Running MultiCraft opens them up to Iphone and other Apple devices.
When those are Minetest in your option ... which ones you mean then for your post ?

What does a own servers.multicraft.world List make sense, when it seams that there are clients out there, pre-set to this list ... and no one can see the origin minetest anymore ... fishing in too lakes ?

But so far ok, I get enough good gamer understand a game password. - 32 fails last hour -
the rest can go to the other following servers .. I don't miss them.

added, we get mot clear about What is a true minetest engine server ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

GayJesus

by GayJesus » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 04:20
fishing in too lakes ?
Yes, doesn't seem fair when MultiCrafts' list show only MultiCraft servers.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

As I saw today as checking again the settings from
https://github.com/minetest/serverlist/ ... er.py#L386
the Points will be cut, lowered as soon a server offers > 200 gamer slots. Before it was around 64, and that is an unproven limit, that also allow everyone of us to set 200, even if it is possible or not.

The advantage for them using 200, get more gamer ? BUT get more angry when server start lagging with 50 gamer.
So this setting with >200 is absolute wrong in my opinion, but when Multicraft offers them (as I also have not seen more then 45 there) everyone can do.

A good calculation about the maximum setting is about the maximum gamer you had without or less lag / 4 * 5 = max gamer, as when you reach the gamer count with also get lag, your just still not getting minus Points as of other rule, when 80% of max gamer is reached.
https://github.com/minetest/serverlist/ ... er.py#L375

Example at my server: set 64, get problem when gamer reach 51.2, and had sure low lag 50 gamer in. So my settings are proofed and show the real possibility.

But when the programmers of the serverlist mean to to >200 I also will change and make my server looking more 'bigger'. You can do this also ... if you want ... when even the admins of list are thinking that is ok so, then we can do it.
So the raspberry server found with 128 max slots ... ok, keep it. It is nonsense, but ... legal.

I am lucky that the ping is 0.02 as from 0.04 also minus is calculated. Also nonsense, but ... that discussion is gone.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 03:04
As I saw today as checking again the settings from
https://github.com/minetest/serverlist/ ... er.py#L386
the Points will be cut, lowered as soon a server offers > 200 gamer slots. Before it was around 64, and that is an unproven limit, that also allow everyone of us to set 200, even if it is possible or not.
This was raised in 2018 and the old limit was 128, I don't remember what the exact reason was.
You are correct that it's unproven. I haven't ever heard of seen a server with even close to 100 players.
Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 03:04
I am lucky that the ping is 0.02 as from 0.04 also minus is calculated. Also nonsense, but ... that discussion is gone.
A penalty is applied from 0.4s which is 400ms.
For example the ping from Europe to New Zealand is about 300ms. If you have more than 400ms that is definitely indicative of some kind of network problem.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Topic: A non MultiCraft server list please.
Would it even be possible to add another filter choosing option into the web serverlist,
as now all, version 4.x and version 5.x ... to see the list without those 2.0.0 non original servers ?
as filter 0.4, 5.x instead of protocol version ? not important, but easier to relise for admins
* concurrence servers (same client)
* available gamer in that version (how strong might my server has to be)
as this 'Players: 455/1291 Servers: 319/365' is not helping at all.
* from this 455 players I guess near 200 have a client, that don't even offer our minetest-servers (2 lake fishing), as otherwise this 2.0.0 servers can't be so outstanding in actual gamer online
* ... or update a scan with new data about 0.4, 5.x users, without clones, etc. to imagine what amount of gamer is available in our original source 'lake' ... i guess, it will destroy dreams ... to offer 100 slots, as they never have been or are there ...

just counted 205 gamer on the 2.0.0 version out of 448 shown in list, mean another 243 gamer left for 0.4 and 5.0 ... that opens some eyes I guess ... (= 54 % of all gamer !!)
and then just the first page versions 0.4.x and 5.x share each 80 gamer, mean about half of the left 205 gamer, or each just 25% of all counted minetest gamer (incl. forks, copies, ...)

so result: when even at max of 1.300 gamer,
* 50 % of them are on 2.0.0 ??
* there are just 650 left for true minetest,
* as they share near also 50/50 each true version has just 325 possible gamer for his/her server left ...
just reality haha
* and as most 15 gamer is good (and possible at most servers) we need just 22 servers to pleasure them all,
... still laughing ...

sfan5 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17
This was raised in 2018 and the old limit was 128, I don't remember what the exact reason was.
You are correct that it's unproven. I haven't ever heard of seen a server with even close to 100 players.
That could be solved a bit - if server have not active this IP-base limiting mod
Maybe tomorrow I am able to check another limit at my server, with - yes real ! - clients, wanna reach 55 and see if I can proofed offer 74 max, what is then 59 gamer without malus ...
(For sure, if there are just mapgen activating gamer, My server also might struggle already at 5 gamer ?,
but we know that at most, 2 are doing this more or less at mining, and at least another 20% are just silent ... crafting, even afk)

If other admin WANT to know more exactly,
to offer ONLY a maximum amount of gamer that can be handled without crash by too much gamer, or limited by reach an not playable lag ... then ask me, it should be possible to fill up your server with a combined request in forum with a date time window, everyone has time and wanna help to find out ?

added later:
look this protocol about logins for not yet one hour ... as Nr. 1 in list, the mismatched flood started again ... today's source most China ...
Who can explain this ?
SFan: if you make a mod for special protocol this connections to a log that you can have ... feel free, I will help you solve this misery - just exclude home network login

as I got report terminal: proto_max=25, proto_max=27 (most), proto_max=28 and proto_max=30
and one proto_max=27 reported (Android) came in, is a known gamer
???

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

as watching this 2.0.0-nico and MultiCraft servers a bit ...
sure there is something wrong:

Gamer that use the normal we know servers.minetest.net list, will barely not look further than 15 server to choose one ... only when they know and search for some they want, here ...

But look that 2.0.0 Servers,
even down at place 46, 57, and even behind place 100 2.0.0 server have about 3-7 gamer,
you really want to tell me, that this gamer come from our list / client ?

as of see the behavior of gamer now since years ... No,
and sure this other list, is not listing US ...

the 3rd client, that is not even separating between versions (the flood from china) is another thing, or maybe belong together, when thinking about 2 versions client / server.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:14
Gamer that use the normal we know servers.minetest.net list, will barely not look further than 15 server to choose one ... only when they know and search for some they want, here ...
more crazy even:
In the morning the server was somewhere place 10 in list all, or 8 in list V5,
and very silent - no login trials ...

just get place 4 overall, 3rd in V5 ... flooded with trials as mismatched client, and wrong passwords

I am sorry, but seam most are not looking further than somewhere place 5 in the list.
... and we have ... 300 servers ?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:17
no book or documentation when you (all) change settings ... ? hmm

We can look at the fork of MultiCraft, less hard mods + never seen higher than 66,
My server with technic, pipeworks and mesecons proofed 51 gamer yet,
(the possible with real playing gamer and lag is another thing, that regulars itself)

so for sure 100 is already sure to be punished over that,
and I would even accept a max of 66*1.25 = 82, as then from 67 get malus

until a server can proof more again, as seen 66 until 82 is still place to get and proof this, and if not then lag or overcrowding area is the limit ...
but we don't see "promises" that mostly can't be done.

As the SurvivalGo MC 2.2.0 is mostly falling fast back from near 45 to 35-38 - more seam to make lag problems, and gamer leave in bunches.

But 200 is so far I know far out of range.

But I am preparing myself to try to have 60 maybe 65 next week. Not so easy to get all kids, friends together to just login and afk.

also can "calculate" estimate the maximum on another direction:
32 gamer at also an 2.2.0 server is the highest avg gamer seen ... so that is a minimum max should allow ...

and guessing how much 5.x server can handle this ?
0.4.x also show max 46, and avg 24 ...

and when concentrate to pure original source code mts engine ... most servers struggle at 40, maybe some can really make it with 50 ...
again, 100 as max is far to high also ... somewhere between 65 to 80 might hit the truth.