A non MultiCraft server list please.

Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: A non MultiCraft server list please.

by Festus1965 » Post

morning: (just around 6am)
Minetest-list : Players: 398/1291 Servers: 306/365
MultiCraft : 153 on 4 server
with 247 gamer on 29 server in mt-list

= 245 gamer on 273 minetest-server (38% are in mt)
* 400 gamer on MultiCraft server ... 62%

interesting, like a wave (depending on maybe more MultiCraft users in this time(-zones) gaming now ?) - yes
max between 21-23 ICT - 16-18 MEZ ? ... interesting time frame, can't explain this
min about 10-12 ICT - 5-7 MEZ = this seam to be clear for a lot gamer are from Europe then ?

and besides a daily wave (as of more gamer sleep in the min), you can see a hard lost last view days at a range of 93 days
* the peak of 600 has gone mid august
* now the peak of 500 seam to be lost
(remember, this stats show only servers.minetest.net - not the rising MultiCraft list !)

beside: my empty own one, had no any connection trial during hole night, just after Siriphorn and me as Thailand went in this morning, one password fail came after.
I should compare the Screenshots of the me main known 3 clients, how they show, how client gamer see the server world ... but I know already the result from MultiCraft ... so I am not wondering.

And I remember well the 'old' thread 'should be advertisement minetest better' ... yes, we should have done, but now I guess, it's too late.
Advertising own server is more worth, when you can be nonindependent from updates also ... you get better results, beside never know what will be next not compatible at new mt version ...

MultiCraft shows how important that is ... with our two 'worlds' of gamer, spit in 0.4.x and 5.x ... and let 0.3.x still work or support ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

lunch:
Minetest : Players: 297/1291 Servers: 305/365
with 204 gamer on 32 MultiCraft server
plus 183 gamer on 4 not listed from MultiCraft list

= 480 gamer on 309 mt or fork server

= left 93 gamer on mt-server = 19.3 % gamer are on mt server
even we are in with 8 people/kids (without = 18%)
= all other 387 gamer = 80.7 % are on MultiCraft server

I just clean up my server, to make place for MultiCraft2 installation ...

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

lunch: (lowest) - but Saturday looks better
Minetest : Players: 348/1291 Servers: 300/365
with 227 gamer on 31 MultiCraft server
plus 176 gamer on 4 not listed from MultiCraft list

= sum 524 gamer mt+forks on 403 server

or left 121 gamer on 269 mt-server = but even just 23.1 %

We are in with 8 gamer, if on MC ... left 113 gamer = 21.56 % ... I am sure, soon the mt gamer are steady under 20% ... or just 1/5 of all

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

I have also noticed this, and the fault lies with the developers, mostly fans of programming without seeing two important factors:
1. Today the vast majority of gamers use mobiles and not consoles or computers
2. As a player, the change from mt 0.4 to mt 5 did not have anything new for me, since it was merely technical, something that nobody cares about (we go back to what I said at the beginning)

What I do recommend is that you do not write statistics so many times or too much frecuently, because it is obvious that the developers and few players of MT 5 know that their servers are almost dead, and it is convenient for them to come out numbers .. ALSO IS BORING in this threath always same kind of message

mcaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

in fact @Festus1965 the best place to make pressure is a github request.. i opened https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/11593

discussion in https://t.me/s/open_tecnologies/464

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

My decisions was yesterday - my server is on MuiltiCraft 2.0.0
* even losing chest inventory from 99 to 64 max, (as didn't see before)
* and getting the dropping items from MineCraft / MineClone

BUT I made a server for gamer, NOT for a few 5.x enthusiasts.

later maybe a statistic again. My warnings are near 3 years old ... I acted now, they did too late.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

it IS difficult to imagine how much real gamer we have not just in a time-frame from maybe 5 minutes (stats),
as over one day,
or even over a month

a hint I have as of Pandorabox.io server and the high-score, also the server list stats:

last 24 hours ...
* max: 672 gamer in mt-list
* min : 337 gamer in mt-list

pandorabox.io show actuall : 4/20 7/15
so average 7 out of a max of 15 gamer

but in the highscore there are 62 gamer listed, that have been online in the last 24 hours !

back-guessing: 62 gamer in 24 hours on a max of 15 (20 is closed) or 7 avg is about 4 times of max, and 8 times of AVG
or other way if here a max of 15 is in real 62 gamer was active in 24 h
MAYBE max 672 gamer in mt list max is an amount of (*4.13) 2.777 gamer had been 'online' once during 24 hours ?

looks better than other views,
but doesn't change to fact ... getting less on 5.x server AND 0.4.x server

writing here the problem again:
the MOST Apps outside are NOT mt-original, that are listing servers as of there own option, as 5.x protocol show 5.x server first ... This is SURE not,a s I have shown once been top1 in 5.x and got hundred miss-matched connections just in a few hours.
WE have to face that we loose a lot of gamer that fail to connect and give up also to use mt or forks or fakes ... and back again: the biggest mistake was separate protocol ... in client also server and let the 0.4.x behind .... but they are the majority.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

A today counting of new visitors brought this:

under Minetest 5.2 (5.x) I had about 10 gamer a week, that could join (as of have 5.x or scoll far down)

now after 7 days of MultiCraft2 I had 1.776 new gamer in 7 days / a week !!!!

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

just as have time an saw minimum of 283 gamer before

MT list : 293/1291 Servers: 302/365
+ the 4 not MT lsited server : 50 gamer on 4 (also 50 on 3)
(MC list : Players: 279/880 Servers: 35/40)

sum of mt+fork gamer = 343
= gamer on MC server 196+50 gamer = 246
= minetest (5.x + 0.4.x) just left 97 gamer = 28.3 % of all gamer ... tsts, that was 50% just a month ago

less and less ...

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

just seen : mt list : 306/1291 Servers: 297/365
+ 4 server not listed : 108 on 4 server

= sum 414 gamer on 301 server

so 222 gamer on MultiCraft server in MT list + 108
= 330 gamer of 414 are on MultiCraft server = 73.2 %

mean left gamer on MT server (5.x and 0.4.x)
= 84 or 20.2 % are left on Minetest server ... wow lowest I remember, and still nothing happen

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

What do you expect to happen?
For Minetest devs to cast a magic spell that makes MultiCraft disappear?
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Who is meant with you ?
sfan5 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 21:30
What do you expect to happen?
For me ?

MultiCraft did exact wright what mt did wrong ... not forgetting the 0.4.x clients
it's far too late to make them disappear, I warned early enough.
But as now several confirm that MC is MT, I have also a safety to have fun.

That they start thinking on what road they are going with 5.x that is already used more for servers, than same time connected gamer ... and spitted groups as of 0.4.x and 5.x
(for me long time ago was clear: 0.4.x is dead then soon so we are all together ... upps, was wrong)

Minetest as this is not one community as I think that should have been. And I think too late to change, it's gone.

Oh, yes, they may think already ... but what, and how long it will take ...

And the server owner still 5.x ... will understand that less gamer is there anymore for them, as they can't get the majority of gamer, as they are on 0.4.x.
I just show that some time clear ... so that complainers might understand, out of there small 5.x box thinking.

I showed now, that even technic server are so far quite easy to move over to MultiCraft2, just one line change in technic and it run, AND a server makes a sense again, as visited be many.

At the end, if continue like this: dev program minetest, but all are using the fork multicraft ,,, funny

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

sfan5 wrote:
At least from the Minetest server list, yes.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

From a theoretical approach there can be three reasons why MultiCraft servers are so popular:
1. The servers are so good that many Minetest players (on 5.x) join.
2. They benefit from Minetest 0.4.x clients who have less server choices.
3. They benefit from MultiCraft clients that only show their own server list.

The first point is arguably the hardest since nobody knows (at scale) how or why players have arrived at a particular server. Yet looking at the MC server list there is a strong indicator that this is not the reason, specifically: The eu*.multicraft.world servers have consistently high player numbers despite not appearing on the MT server list at all. So how many 5.x clients join via the MT server list seems not to matter.

For the second point a look can be taken at the MT server list. At the time of checking 0.4 servers have a decent playerbase, yet the MC servers that exist on the list have much higher numbers that appear out-of-reach to "normal" 0.4 servers. If 0.4 clients made up a relevant amount of players on MC servers I would expect more balanced numbers relative to 0.4 servers. Someone with access to a Multicraft server could also verify (or prove wrong) this point by checking the distribution of protocols supported by connecting clients. In addition statistics of the server list show that 0.4 clients are getting less and less, claims that "0.4 is a majority" cannot be confirmed.

The third point is what I believe to be the reason for MultiCraft's popularity. As an example again consider the eu*.multicraft.world servers, no Minetest 0.4 client will ever find its way to it and yet it's doing very well measured by player numbers. The reasons are clear: Multicraft has a popular and polished app on both relevant mobile platforms that brings players directly to its own servers. Support for the 0.4 protocol is barely relevant and removing their servers from our list would do absolutely nothing.

If you think Multicraft's relatively high players are a problem that needs to be solved the course of action should be improving the mobile client and porting Minetest to iOS, not worrying about pointless 0.4 protocol compatibility. I do however think Minetest reaching a similar popularity is unrealistic, the predominantly young audience for these apps is mainly looking for "Minecraft, but free", which has nothing to do with the goals of the engine at this point.
Linuxdirk wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 18:44
sfan5 wrote:
At least from the Minetest server list, yes.
And if you just don't want to see those Multicraft servers in your list (for which there are valid reasons) the better alternative would be if Minetest had a feature to filter by game client-side.
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 01:06
Multicraft has a popular and polished app on both relevant mobile platforms that brings players directly to its own servers.
This is the actual reason here, yes. In the meantime Multicraft and all other <5.x servers should not be “endorsed” but heavily penalized (like 10x multiplier on the rating, or so).

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

4. nearly all Minetest 5.x server can't even handle over 30 gamer ... and it was long time: they like to have friends, and the change to find them is at servers with much gamer ...
I see it live on my one ... there is no robot, kids ... got a app ... and search friends, build teams to mine, build

They are just cut of, from the MT 5.x and even if, ser server at 5.x are to weak.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

sfan5 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 01:06
The reasons are clear: Multicraft has a popular and polished app on both relevant mobile platforms that brings players directly to its own servers. Support for the 0.4 protocol is barely relevant and removing their servers from our list would do absolutely nothing.

If you think Multicraft's relatively high players are a problem that needs to be solved the course of action should be improving the mobile client and porting Minetest to iOS, not worrying about pointless 0.4 protocol compatibility. I do however think Minetest reaching a similar popularity is unrealistic, the predominantly young audience for these apps is mainly looking for "Minecraft, but free", which has nothing to do with the goals of the engine at this point.
100% this - Multicraft has spent significant time and resources on improving their Android app, and they actually have an iOS app. Minetest has neglected Android for many years, in fact the majority of our current Android code was contributed to us by Multicraft

The reason for this is that we have different priorities, and none of the core team play on mobile
Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 02:51
4. nearly all Minetest 5.x server can't even handle over 30 gamer ... and it was long time: they like to have friends, and the change to find them is at servers with much gamer ...
I see it live on my one ... there is no robot, kids ... got a app ... and search friends, build teams to mine, build

They are just cut of, from the MT 5.x and even if, ser server at 5.x are to weak.
Worth noting that the Multicraft servers run on very good hardware. It's not like most 0.4 servers could host more than 30 players with standard hardware either.

Minetest 5 has received lots of performance optimisations and bug fixes, and there's more to come - especially with the removal of Irrlicht
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | My Twitter | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Good, then I am save on this side then ...
rubenwardy wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:09
Minetest 5 has received lots of performance optimisations and bug fixes, and there's more to come - especially with the removal of Irrlicht
... what is not much helping, as the hardware will not be changes at most of the 5.x servers, and for the rest of 5.x gamer it is sure enough then ...

today max of 57 gamer online - and treecutting near same as with 10, but I go most nor anymore under 20.

Position is clear ... we will see how that 40% will change, as 5.x are less gamer, MultiCraft more ... same 'problem again'. But in 2 years then

next to discuss is then
* the malus on gamer over 80 % of set max gamer,
* and the maximum gamer set malus over set max_gamer 200, STILL, even after all agree, seen even no server over 100 - what a joke (also)
(I will open next, when I am clear about how to ask this, and link it here)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

mcaygerhard wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 13:51
.. ALSO IS BORING in this threadth always same kind of message
hmm
last 93 days graphics got even a 15 day average line now (yellow) ... someone wanted to make others easier to see that I am right, or make is better visible for someone special ... the devs ... ? anyway: Thanks !

if might also read the servers.multicraft.world (even the web version seam to lag a lot some time, got names in my server from 12 hours ago) then we might see the other direction AVG ... :-)

From 17.07. 400 to 17.09. 300 lost 100 gamer, or 25% in 2 months,
mean - if continue - in another 6 months all are gone.

P.S.:
but not that problem, as of climate change a bit later there are also no gamer there anymore, when human distinct.
So, better work on climate protection then on mt code.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

and another thing:

beside the disturbing change around 15.03.2021 where the AVG gamer fell from 792 onto 533 as of what ?

between 25.05 - 27.08. there was NO special weekend spike as before and after:
sure that is on corona home schooling ... I think
what countries or regions had schools closed at this time ?

https://monitoring.minetest.land/d/kr34 ... 79d&to=now

... still sinking, ...

mcaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 03:45
beside the disturbing change around 15.03.2021 where the AVG gamer fell from 792 onto 533 as of what ?
that was the day my server VenenuX sub.nasa-gov get down .. i only have the second one subs.nasa-d0v and i have many problems around the user base.. due a well knowed bug in 0.4.17.1 that i will solve using the auht-redux mod

Festus1965 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 03:45
mcaygerhard wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 13:51
.. ALSO IS BORING in this threadth always same kind of message
if might also read the servers.multicraft.world (even the web version seam to lag a lot some time, got names in my server from 12 hours ago) then we might see the other direction AVG ... :-)
yes. muklticraft are a waste of resources.. the problem is that the players are richman face with a backend of poor people, has a big machines with 16 cors and 36Gigs of RAM and nvidia RTX as GPU .. those stupids thinks that all the people has money to spend in only games..

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

as all your posts I have seen so far from you today
your should have understood that mt has no future ...
devs don't care about possible problems of lack of server investment, continues long life servers,
stupid, ads and promised failing cheating apps using gamer instead of original ?

so what does us keep here anymore ?