rain and snow in minetest?

JoseMing

rain and snow in minetest?

by JoseMing » Post

I was wondering if you could make a mod where snow falls and rain minecraft like to give more reality in the fall of snow could play with snowballs more fun but also more realistic.
Nothing is impossible, Only you need you mind to create... and Sorry for my Bad English :D
Add me on remobo as JoseGarcia

Jordach
GitHub: Jordach
IRC: Jordach
In-game: Jordach

by Jordach » Post

There was a patch for this, but I HAVE SEEN THIS ON YTUBE, however I cannot remember where the devil I found it.

jn

by jn » Post

This is what the petchsets page lists: https://github.com/TeddyDesTodes/minetest/tree/weather

Tim

by Tim » Post

I think we can learn from Minecraft's mistakes here. I'd say a massive no to rain, although I'm not really opposed to snow so long as it doesn't give an ugly, patchy snow layer that makes your whole landscape just a sheet of whiteness.

wokste

by wokste » Post

I agree, rain does not add a lot of gameplay. It basically means that the night is longer than you expect and that is just annoying.

I think snow biomes are no fun eighter. I don't mind it being added with some kind of season system, but that is too much work for now.
We must be careful not to clone Notches mistakes.

Arwym

by Arwym » Post

Weather would be great, really.

LolManKuba

by LolManKuba » Post

Weather would only be good if it was only Sunny

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

xD
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

i think weather would be really nice..of course we could have a thing in the options to turn it off..but with rain it would be cool to hear the rain pouring down (when sound comes out) or to hear yourself trudging through snow and seeing nothing but white :D and to hear wind in "BAD" storms..like there could be normal storms..and BAD storms..and in bad storms the wind can blow and stuff :)
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

Utilisatrice

by Utilisatrice » Post

Hi,

Made in, if you think about it in Minetest, he need just sound, the remaining players do very well

Dogers

by Dogers » Post

@wokste => Biome are not really part of game-play , but you know , to make a good game you need a good game-play and a lots of pointless things that make a game really unique that is the ambiance things .

By adding new biome , new effect and more you make the game more enjoyable to play . Don't matter if these things serve nothing , the most important thing is to make the game more immersive by adding a lot of atmosphere things .

If we don't pay attention to these little details , the game will be like take a visit to a graveyard (but for some people it could be fun) !
Last edited by Dogers on Mon Mar 19, 2012 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
Dogers or dttdogers in-game
---------------------------------
My personal page : http://dttdogers.blogspot.com/

numidark

by numidark » Post

Hi all,
A dev for minecraft had the good idea to create seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter!)
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/962 ... seasonsmod
What do you think?
Numidark

jordan4ibanez
GitHub: jordan4ibanez
IRC: jordan4ibanez
In-game: jordan4ibanez

by jordan4ibanez » Post

numidark wrote:Hi all,
A dev for minecraft had the good idea to create seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter!)
What do you think?
Numidark
you're in the wrong forum lol..this is minetest not minecraft
hello, am program. do language in rust. make computer do. okay i go now.

sfan5
GitHub: sfan5
IRC: sfan5

by sfan5 » Post

numidark wrote:Hi all,
What do you think?
Numidark
This is a Minetest Forum
Mods: Mesecons | WorldEdit | Nuke & Minetest builds for Windows (32-bit & 64-bit)

kddekadenz
GitHub: tinyworlds

by kddekadenz » Post

jn wrote:This is what the petchsets page lists: https://github.com/TeddyDesTodes/minetest/tree/weather
This works!
It will not rain trough generated blocks, but trough builded blocks and the last update is quite old, but I like it :)

bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Post

How about one map that is divided into sections, desert, forest, flatland, arctic so that we can use the mine cart to travel to different parts. And You would have items that are region specific like cacti and sand.

numidark

by numidark » Post

I know: o I put this link to see if it would be interresting to have this feature in minetest.
I see no reason why you said that to me: o

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

numidark wrote:I know: o I put this link to see if it would be interresting to have this feature in minetest.
I see no reason why you said that to me: o
Because he is very rude and has a big mouth. I'm sorry for his rudeness he knows not what he does because he is very dumb. Welcome to the minetest scene numidark. Enjoy your stay:D
And it would be awesome to have that feature.
Last edited by Death Dealer on Sat Mar 31, 2012 15:06, edited 1 time in total.
Keep calm and code python^_^

bgsmithjr

by bgsmithjr » Post

I wanted to what you think of my idea, but there is no private message, and it's not personal enough to email, thats why I made my comment. And it is somewhat similar to your idea, because they would have to work together. :-)
Last edited by bgsmithjr on Sat Mar 31, 2012 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Death Dealer

by Death Dealer » Post

bgsmithjr wrote:I wanted to what you think of my idea, but there is no private message, and it's not personal enough to email, thats why I made my comment. And it is somewhat similar to your idea, because they would have to work together. :-)
I thought of this^.^ it's in my ideas for modding section I'm about to post something new so check out my ideas:D
Keep calm and code python^_^