Touchscreen support for PC

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

Touchscreen support for PC

by hoodedice » Post

Now that we have a nice android build with nice touchscreen support, can the developers work to add support for touchscreen on standard PCs? With the rise of touchscreen enabled laptops (at the cost of matte screens :sadface:), and windows 8 tablets, there is bound to be an increase in player base if we implement this.

As it is now, touching the screen acts like continuous mouse clicks.

I have a touch-enabled laptop if you need someone for feedback/testing.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

ABJ
GitHub: ABJ-MV
In-game: ABJ
Location: In Earth orbit, with a perigee of 1048 km and an apogee of 1337 km and an inclination of 69 degrees.

Re: Touchscreen support for PC

by ABJ » Post

It's a shame no one's replied
This is a good idea ;)
A separate version for touch ones would be good, so non-touch PC's don't end up with waste data
Personally, I have a non-touch PC that's 5++ years as of 2015. So I can't comment too much. But yeah, touch support would help a lot for those who already HAVE touch (Hopefully me too in the future?)
:thumbup:

red

by red » Post

Nice idea. I not sure but can you just use the code written for the andriod build to support touchsreens on PC's?

hoodedice
GitHub: hoodedice
IRC: hoodedice
In-game: hoodedice

by hoodedice » Post

red wrote:Nice idea. I not sure but can you just use the code written for the andriod build to support touchsreens on PC's?
I would not think so. The code would need to be rewritten with a scope for PC-based calls.
7:42 PM - Bauglio: I think if you go to staples you could steal firmware from a fax machine that would run better than win10 does on any platform
7:42 PM - Bauglio: so fudge the stable build
7:43 PM - Bauglio: get the staple build

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Funny, I have recently obtained a touchscreen laptop as well, I just almost never use the touchscreen. But I could help testing if it becomes neccessary.

golthem
In-game: Golthem

by golthem » Post

If this was done (which I think is a great idea by the way) Minetest would also be compatible with 32bit (very small processor) tablets. I know because I can play it on my Dragon Touch Windows 8 tablet as long as I have a keyboard and mouse.

That would be awesome.