[localization] Minetest Game

Emon

[localization] Minetest Game

by Emon » Post

I've read Wuzzy's thread about mods' internationalization, in this thread I'd like to hear your opinion about the localization of Minetest Game.

I'm translating the engine, and thinking that when people will play it will probably think "Oooh! It's in my language! ... Damn, it's in English!" as soon as they discover the grim truth... well. :/

Would it be possible to use .po files with it as well? It doesn't make any sense having the UI localized when the official subgame isn't.

P.S. yes I did translated it by manually editing the files, you can figure the time wasted looking for the strings to be translated.

Nore
Developer
GitHub: Ekdohibs

Re: [localization] Minetest Game

by Nore » Post

This was much discussed, and the conclusion that came was that since translations are only server-side. It is one of my objectives to add client-side translations, and they will allow localization of mods, and thus of Minetest Game.

Emon

Re: [localization] Minetest Game

by Emon » Post

Nore wrote:This was much discussed, and the conclusion that came was that since translations are only server-side. It is one of my objectives to add client-side translations, and they will allow localization of mods, and thus of Minetest Game.
This is some great news! :))) Thanks!