Should wool become a fuel?

Yes (I want to put my precious wool in a furnace.)
48%
No (Wool should not be burnable because it doesn't smell good on burning.)
44%
Something else (please write a comment)
8%

Total votes: 25

cx384
GitHub: cx384
IRC: cx384

by cx384 » Post

Should wool become a fuel like wood, leafs, coal, grass or cactus?
Wool is a natural fire retardant, but it is in the flammable group and fire can destroy wool.
Can your read this?

kaadmy
GitHub: kaadmy
IRC: KaadmY
In-game: KaadmY kaadmy NeD

Re: Should wool become a fuel?

by kaadmy » Post

Isn't wood already a fuel and can be used as to burn in furnaces?
Never paint white stripes on roads near Zebra crossings.

Pixture

kaeza
GitHub: kaeza
IRC: kaeza diemartin blaaaaargh
In-game: kaeza

by kaeza » Post

kaadmy wrote:Isn't wood already a fuel and can be used as to burn in furnaces?
He means wooL, not wooD.
Your signature is not the place for a blog post. Please keep it as concise as possible. Thank you!

Check out my stuff! | Donations greatly appreciated! PayPal

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

wool shouldnt be burnable because we dont want Sam to use his clothes as fuel

to the smell issue: it would be nice if the furnace would make smoke particles with a particlespawner which uses a variable in the fuel recipe for the quantity of the particles
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Wool is difficult to burn, even though it is flammable. It generally doesn't burn hot enough to keep the reaction going (it is not a sustained chain reaction).

Cotton however, which is actually the fabric made from plants, is very flammable and burns quickly. Silk burns even faster than cotton. This is because they are mostly made of hydrocarbons, which have a lot more "potential" energy stored in their chemical "bonds".

I confirmed most of this information at phoenix.gov, but since I was using Yahoo as search you might find some different organization talking about it in the first few entries of your search results.

I always thought that it was stupid to get wool from a plant. It should be changed to cotton, and an alias made to convert all of the dumb wool blocks to cotton. Then it would make sense for it to be made a furnace fuel, since it is flammable, but it shouldn't last long.

BlueTangs Rock

by BlueTangs Rock » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Wool is difficult to burn, even though it is flammable. It generally doesn't burn hot enough to keep the reaction going (it is not a sustained chain reaction).

Cotton however, which is actually the fabric made from plants, is very flammable and burns quickly. Silk burns even faster than cotton. This is because they are mostly made of hydrocarbons, which have a lot more "potential" energy stored in their chemical "bonds".

I confirmed most of this information at phoenix.gov, but since I was using Yahoo as search you might find some different organization talking about it in the first few entries of your search results.

I always thought that it was stupid to get wool from a plant. It should be changed to cotton, and an alias made to convert all of the dumb wool blocks to cotton. Then it would make sense for it to be made a furnace fuel, since it is flammable, but it shouldn't last long.
I agree!
Look at that, a signiture box! To bad I have nothing to put in i-... Wait...

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

No.

Laser0073
GitHub: Laser0073
In-game: Laser0073

by Laser0073 » Post

I think it should burn, similar to grass, or other materials. However it is extremely stupid to burn your hard earned wool :)
i5 6500 OC @3.5GHz, EVGA GTX 960 4GB, 8GB DDR4, ASROCK Pro4S, 128GB.SSD, MT 0.4.17, Linux Mint 18.3 (Ubuntu 16.04)
OwOOOg9CphnceB30eUFX6BOCW8W3jT4i

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

I think that being a block that can be burned by the fire is enough.
Have a nice day! :D

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Laser0073 wrote:I think it should burn, similar to grass, or other materials. However it is extremely stupid to burn your hard earned wool :)
I agree, it should burn. Speaking of hard earned stuff, right now you can burn nyan cats as fuel and they only last one second. I think nyan cats should be either infinite or near-infinite fuels.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

by firefox » Post

BBmine wrote:
Laser0073 wrote:I think it should burn, similar to grass, or other materials. However it is extremely stupid to burn your hard earned wool :)
I agree, it should burn. Speaking of hard earned stuff, right now you can burn nyan cats as fuel and they only last one second. I think nyan cats should be either infinite or near-infinite fuels.
i guess the burn option for nyancat was added for the haters :P
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

firefox wrote:
BBmine wrote:
i guess the burn option for nyancat was added for the haters :P
The most rare item in the normal subgame is one of the most useless things in the game. Even a block of dirt is almost the same.

Irony?

Desour
GitHub: Desour
IRC: Desour
In-game: DS
Location: I'm scared that if this is too exact, I will be unable to use my keyboard.

by Desour » Post

MineYoshi wrote: The most rare item in the normal subgame is one of the most useless things in the game. Even a block of dirt is almost the same.

Irony?
The most valuable things are useless eg.:
  • shiny jewels in real life
  • the dragon egg in minecraft
he/him; Codeberg; GitHub; ContentDB; public personal TODO list; "DS" is preferred (but often too short)

MineYoshi

by MineYoshi » Post

DS-minetest wrote:
MineYoshi wrote: The most rare item in the normal subgame is one of the most useless things in the game. Even a block of dirt is almost the same.

Irony?
The most valuable things are useless eg.:
  • shiny jewels in real life
  • the dragon egg in minecraft
Curious thing...

Maybe the human should invent some system to just clasificate the worth of something...

About the theme:
Actually wool burns with normal fire, i don't really know why to justly make it a fuel. It would be a lot of useless thing to add and waste time in...