(Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

(Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by toby109tt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:43

Is there any textures you think should improve or Change

The ones I think shuld improve are cactus and cobblestone also snow
Last edited by toby109tt on Tue Dec 20, 2016 09:57, edited 1 time in total.
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
Spaghetti Developer
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 14:01
Location: Rome, Italy
GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by Spaghetti Developer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 15:22

The gravel is beautiful, the snow was updated in 0.4.14 dev and now is much more beautiful.

The jungletree is not beautiful, and even the wood of trees! I started doing the wood editing by removing the side edges, in this way it is much nicer! without interruption of the side of the wood lines you create continuity in building the visual effect it is important in my opinion.

Public the first screenshots of my short textures! They are default with minor modifications. Thank you all.
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by toby109tt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 16:32

Spaghetti Developer wrote:The gravel is beautiful, the snow was updated in 0.4.14 dev and now is much more beautiful.

The jungletree is not beautiful, and even the wood of trees! I started doing the wood editing by removing the side edges, in this way it is much nicer! without interruption of the side of the wood lines you create continuity in building the visual effect it is important in my opinion.

Public the first screenshots of my short textures! They are default with minor modifications. Thank you all.

True jungletree doesn't look good for building but in natural gen it does look ok in my opinion
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
Spaghetti Developer
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 14:01
Location: Rome, Italy
GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by Spaghetti Developer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 18:20

toby109tt wrote:
Spaghetti Developer wrote:The gravel is beautiful, the snow was updated in 0.4.14 dev and now is much more beautiful.

The jungletree is not beautiful, and even the wood of trees! I started doing the wood editing by removing the side edges, in this way it is much nicer! without interruption of the side of the wood lines you create continuity in building the visual effect it is important in my opinion.

Public the first screenshots of my short textures! They are default with minor modifications. Thank you all.

True jungletree doesn't look good for building but in natural gen it does look ok in my opinion



The jungletree break too much with the graphic style of the other textures. I'd like an update to the wooden boards, it is sufficient to some dark pixels at random to enhance the textures, which are very nice, nothing to say about it! mine was only a trial to improve the game and make all the materials used to the fullest. I use Minetest to make building, then come here and risk of becoming obnoxious :D

I continue to update the textures of trees woods, it's easy to do editing of these textures so I hope that my work is appreciated. Evil that can go textures create a pack and the public, so everyone can use it.
 

User avatar
D00Med
Member
 
Posts: 943
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2015 22:49
Location: Australia...somewhere
GitHub: D00Med

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by D00Med » Mon Dec 19, 2016 23:01

Personally I think the jungletree texture is really ugly.
Also, I suggest these as new cobblestone textures;
Image
Image
 

User avatar
ExeterDad
Member
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 20:00
Location: New Hampshire U.S.A
In-game: ExeterDad

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by ExeterDad » Mon Dec 19, 2016 23:09

toby109tt wrote:*snip*
I made this post because some core developers think that textures are not an important part of game development obviously they are

toby109tt you might of skewed the actual response of a developer. You started a issue about the texture. But offered no alternative. Basically you said it's ugly and it should be fixed. If you would of opened a pull request with a suggested replacement, it may gone differently.
Not trying to stir the pot. But I feel your first post was worded unfairly.
 

User avatar
Spaghetti Developer
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 14:01
Location: Rome, Italy
GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by Spaghetti Developer » Mon Dec 19, 2016 23:45

ExeterDad wrote:
toby109tt wrote:*snip*
I made this post because some core developers think that textures are not an important part of game development obviously they are

toby109tt you might of skewed the actual response of a developer. You started a issue about the texture. But offered no alternative. Basically you said it's ugly and it should be fixed. If you would of opened a pull request with a suggested replacement, it may gone differently.
Not trying to stir the pot. But I feel your first post was worded unfairly.



D00Med Thanks ^__-

ExeterDad:

I am working to update the textures:

Tree
Pine
Jungletree

The result is very good, short-I publish the comparison screenshots (default + improved), do editing of textures Minetest course default. The only textures that I create from scratch is the jungletree, because the texture do not like it, especially the texture top, round ??? lol

I never offended anyone, I feel a deep admiration towards the Minetest project team. Always thank you all, and I apologize constantly if my bad English is easily misunderstood.

TobyPlowy would not be severe with users who have contributed to the creation of the default textures, here we are not all American and English, so do not take good for each letter we write, you have the gift of free interpretation, and as always. . .

I thank all of you who with great commitment and professionalism, make Minetest more and more beautiful and interesting project.

Thank you so much <3
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by toby109tt » Tue Dec 20, 2016 09:59

Spaghetti Developer wrote:
ExeterDad wrote:
toby109tt wrote:*snip*
I made this post because some core developers think that textures are not an important part of game development obviously they are

toby109tt you might of skewed the actual response of a developer. You started a issue about the texture. But offered no alternative. Basically you said it's ugly and it should be fixed. If you would of opened a pull request with a suggested replacement, it may gone differently.
Not trying to stir the pot. But I feel your first post was worded unfairly.



D00Med Thanks ^__-

ExeterDad:

I am working to update the textures:

Tree
Pine
Jungletree

The result is very good, short-I publish the comparison screenshots (default + improved), do editing of textures Minetest course default. The only textures that I create from scratch is the jungletree, because the texture do not like it, especially the texture top, round ??? lol

I never offended anyone, I feel a deep admiration towards the Minetest project team. Always thank you all, and I apologize constantly if my bad English is easily misunderstood.

TobyPlowy would not be severe with users who have contributed to the creation of the default textures, here we are not all American and English, so do not take good for each letter we write, you have the gift of free interpretation, and as always. . .

I thank all of you who with great commitment and professionalism, make Minetest more and more beautiful and interesting project.

Thank you so much <3
can you try to make a better Cactus texture please
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
Spaghetti Developer
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 14:01
Location: Rome, Italy
GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by toby109tt » Wed Dec 21, 2016 14:48

Spaghetti Developer wrote:Yes, I'll try Definitely a Make A New cactus consistency. As soon as I finish the wood of trees, begin a charge the cactus :D

Thx :D
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
GreenDimond
Member
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2015 01:26
Location: SCP-3008
GitHub: GreenXenith
IRC: GreenDimond
In-game: GreenDimond

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by GreenDimond » Thu Dec 22, 2016 01:27

toby109tt wrote:The ones I think shuld improve are cactus and cobblestone also snow


Snow looks a lot better in 0.4.15.
Y▹uTube | Mods | Patre●n | Twitter | Minetest Discord | GreenXenith#3232

Hey, you. You're finally awake.
You were trying to view their profile, right? Found the rest of their signature, same as us, and that guest over there.
 

User avatar
toby109tt
Member
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 23:42
Location: Belgium menen
GitHub: tobyplowy
In-game: Toby109tt

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by toby109tt » Thu Dec 22, 2016 09:43

GreenDimond wrote:
toby109tt wrote:The ones I think shuld improve are cactus and cobblestone also snow


Snow looks a lot better in 0.4.15.
Yes but Still it doesn't look like snow
i'm the co-dev and lead artist of farlands
 

User avatar
Spaghetti Developer
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 14:01
Location: Rome, Italy
GitHub: SpaghettiDeveloper
In-game: Spaghetti Developer

Re: (Minetest game) What textures Should Change or improve

by Spaghetti Developer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 18:07

toby109tt wrote:
GreenDimond wrote:
toby109tt wrote:The ones I think shuld improve are cactus and cobblestone also snow


Snow looks a lot better in 0.4.15.
Yes but Still it doesn't look like snow


The 0.4.15 has a very beautiful snow texture! they did a great job with the new version, many new blocks, carts very nice, and significant improvements to mapgen v7 and not only. They entered the new silver sand that has a new biome all its own. They have updated the texture of ordinary sand, very nice indeed. The Minetest developers are humans (or not?), They did a really good job.

Probably with the next version 0.4.15 will change all other textures.
 


Return to Feature Discussion



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron