Fence height

lonestar

Fence height

by lonestar » Post

I would suggest to make fences have a collision box(?) of two blocks high. This way you can only have a one block high fence where mobs, animals and players are not able to jump over. Of course you can make it two blocks high, but will use a lot more resources and not practical.

SonosFuer
GitHub: apachano
IRC: SonosFuer
In-game: SonosFuer

Re: Fence height

by SonosFuer » Post

Personally I want to see the jump height set to 1.25 and the fence height to 1.5.
Working on a content database for minetest mods, servers, and etc Check it out and give me feedback at viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18137

octacian
GitHub: octacian
IRC: octacian
In-game: octacian

by octacian » Post

This is possible, and has been done in several subgames, however, it hasn't been done in MTG with the excuse that there is an engine issue which needs to be fixed first (?). For some reason it is possible to sneak glitch over a node with a 1.5-node high collision box even if the sneak glitch is disabled. However, this may not be the reason why it's not be implemented.

You know, I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to implement a fencelike drawtype... Probably not, but maybe
SonosFuer wrote:Personally I want to see the jump height set to 1.25 and the fence height to 1.5.
hmm, That wouldn't be bad. It would allow jumping on top of some of the smaller nodebox slabs, which could be useful, but then too could also remove some possibilities for the use of such blocks.
MicroExpansion, Working Computers, All Projects - Check out my YouTube channel! (octacian)
I'm currently inactive in the Minetest community! So if I don't respond, that's why.

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

This isn't Minecraft, fences are 1 node high intentionally and therefore are jumpable.
Having a fence that is 1 node high but not jumpable would make no sense and be irritating for Minetest players, if we want this we will make the fences actually higher.
You can make a mod to add these easily.

lonestar

by lonestar » Post

paramat wrote:This isn't Minecraft, fences are 1 node high intentionally and therefore are jumpable.
Having a fence that is 1 node high but not jumpable would make no sense and be irritating for Minetest players, if we want this we will make the fences actually higher.
You can make a mod to add these easily.
Done :D
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18298