Ways to Generate Maps with Pre-built Cites?

LandMine

Ways to Generate Maps with Pre-built Cites?

by LandMine » Post

Hi Guys!

Its been a long time since i have been on this forum or even played Minetest, so I'm a bit outdated with what is possible nowadays. I want to know if there is a mod that will generate cities or towns automatically using mapgen.

i.e I walk around and as new parts of the map generate there is a chance of me having a generated and possible some road leading up to it.

firefox
In-game: Red_Fox

Re: Ways to Generate Maps with Pre-built Cites?

by firefox » Post

LandMine wrote:Hi Guys!

Its been a long time since i have been on this forum or even played Minetest, so I'm a bit outdated with what is possible nowadays. I want to know if there is a mod that will generate cities or towns automatically using mapgen.

i.e I walk around and as new parts of the map generate there is a chance of me having a generated and possible some road leading up to it.
i think duane is doing something like that ;)
✨🏳️‍🌈♣️✨

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

The only thing you can find in vanilla Minetest are the dungeons. Duane is indeed working on a Lua and C++ version of his mapgen which generates villages.
If you would like to have buildings in other mapgens, check out the villages modback (or the main mods in it).
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

You can download City Scapes or Squaresville mods. They are like both.

duane
GitHub: duane-r

by duane » Post

LandMine wrote:Hi Guys!

I made a lua mapgen that makes modern-looking cities on flattened areas. However, it only makes straight, flat roads and empty shells of buildings, with no inhabitants. I'm not working on it anymore.

I've also got a C++ version, but it's veered away from the modern look and just makes ruins, along with similar flat, straight roads. Again, no villagers, but ruins are more for monsters anyway.
Believe in people and you don't need to believe anything else.