I made a mistake

jas
IRC: Freenode

I made a mistake

by jas » Post

I made a mistake. I've been using RMB to jump since Oct. 23, thanks to this patch: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/6537

Now it conflicts on rebase, and when I try to resolve it, I get a connection error to the straight, unmodified, server:

Code: Select all

2018-01-08 02:19:45: ERROR[Main]: A serialization error occurred:
2018-01-08 02:19:45: ERROR[Main]: unsupported NodeBox version
2018-01-08 02:19:45: ERROR[Main]: The server is probably  running a different version of Minetest.
I'm scared, and I can't go back to spacebar, man! ;-) Joking aside, this sucks.

Update: Nevermind, it seems to be working for me, now. I don't know what changed.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 02-19-51.png
Screenshot from 2018-01-08 02-19-51.png (101.11 KiB) Viewed 179 times

Rochambeau

Re: I made a mistake

by Rochambeau » Post

Is there something i can do to get this PR merged to official minetest? Assigning functions to mouse buttons is something I wished for a long time.

jas
IRC: Freenode

by jas » Post

Take a look at the PR and possibly ping samcaulfield. There was a refactor, and I wasn't able to rebase. I ended up not playing for a while, and am now getting used to using space for jump again.

Personally, it's disheartening to think that 0.5.0 may be released without still the possibly of rebinding the mouse buttons.

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

jas wrote:Personally, it's disheartening to think that 0.5.0 may be released without still the possibly of rebinding the mouse buttons.
It's disheartening that the input system wasn't designed in a way to allow binding anything (including custom commands) to any key, key combination, button, or key+button combination from the beginning on.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Those are both on my personal to-do list, and hopefully I'll get around to after the two current PRs (damage reasons and formspec themes) and the two WIP PRs (mod meta pr (deprecates description.txt and depends.txt) and mod/game store)

That mouse PR deserves a review in any case

See viewtopic.php?t=19038
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader