Minetest 0.5.0 add insects

Mr. Xenon

Minetest 0.5.0 add insects

by Mr. Xenon » Post

I tried the new version 0.5.0 dev of Minetest and I really enjoyed the new firefly and the bug net to capture them. It would be nice to have butterflies and other small insects as a decoration of the world based on the biome. The net bug has considerable potential for exploration and crafting. The new biomes have been improved a lot, and Minetest 0.5.0 is still out of a stable release, so I have a feeling that some bugs will be added over the firefly (use the plantlike node right?).

Shara
GitHub: ezhh
IRC: Shara

Re: Minetest 0.5.0 add insects

by Shara » Post

Already working on it:

Mr. Xenon

by Mr. Xenon » Post

Great @Shara, great news! Minetest 0.5.0 will be simply epic and unprecedented. Thanks so much.

Shara
GitHub: ezhh
IRC: Shara

by Shara » Post

Can't guarantee these will be in MTG yet, but in the absolute least I will release butterflies in a mod once they are ready. :)

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

cute can't wait to see them within my world
is that a new design of yellow dandelion that the cute little butterfly is flittering around

Mr. Xenon

by Mr. Xenon » Post

Absolutely beautiful and pleasant. All this makes MTG even more complete and excellent as a basis for building a server and improving content. Great job, a nice way to keep the classic style of MC combined with original and exclusive content of Minetest. You are doing a nice job with the 0.5 and still need months before release.

@Chibi ghost yes! They changed the dandelion, and inserted the black tulip and the chrysanthemum. In addition to a lot of vegetation in the desert, in the sea, and in the new fireflies biome.

Chibi ghost
In-game: Ghost

by Chibi ghost » Post

I have an old old map so unless I create a new world the new biomes are a distant dream
but it's nice to see dramatic changes implemented

paramat
Developer
GitHub: paramat
IRC: paramat

by paramat » Post

I'm very keen to add butterflies to MTG, it's very probable.