Fancy subgame selection

theFox
GitHub: theFox6
In-game: theFox

Fancy subgame selection

by theFox » Post

I had a dream in which minetest had a subgame selector that was a tower. It consisted of layers for each subgame. Each layer was made of the blocks of the according subgame. Each of these schematics showed the contents of the subgame (e.g. for mesecons it was a little contraption inside a room). I don't know why I had a dream like this but I thought it might be a funny idea worth considering...
my mods and subgames (ง'̀-'́)ง

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

Re: Fancy subgame selection

by Hume2 » Post

It's an interesting idea but I'm not sure how easily the conflicts between the games could be resolved. It's easy to put two mods next to each other but I can't imagine how a mod could override another except that one would be disabled.

I think that composing a game using existing mods is not hard though. You just copy all the mods into one folder.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

theFox

by theFox » Post

It would be possible to load the mods in different environments.
But to decrease loading time it would be good to only load the textures from the used blocks. Else the loading time for the menu would be way longer than the loading time for one world...

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

I don't know what you mean by environment. Each mod can be turned on or off. Currently, Minetest doesn't allow two mods with the same name to be turned on at the same time.

I'm not sure in which phase the textures are loaded. They are definitely loaded after a world is started, not in the main menu. Only the stuff for menu is loaded but this is a constant number of textures.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

theFox

by theFox » Post

Hume2 wrote:I don't know what you mean by environment.
Well lua environments...
Hume2 wrote:I'm not sure in which phase the textures are loaded. They are definitely loaded after a world is started, not in the main menu. Only the stuff for menu is loaded but this is a constant number of textures.
Yeah I know that, the idea was to change the complete menu logic...