textarea + scrollbar = ?

bosapara

textarea + scrollbar = ?

by bosapara » Post

How about to add simple feature to minetest as:
textarea + images + scrollbar with possibility to copy text from that textarea with scrollbar?

online textarea with scroll - here

Wuzzy offered the same 4 years ago, but still we havent so simple and necessary function

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

Re: textarea + scrollbar = ?

by v-rob » Post

From lua_api.txt
### `textarea[<X>,<Y>;<W>,<H>;<name>;<label>;<default>]`

* Same as fields above, but with multi-line input
* If the text overflows, a vertical scrollbar is added.
* If the name is empty, the textarea is read-only and
the background is not shown, which corresponds to a multi-line label.
So, make <name> empty and use <default> for text. It even includes a vertical scrollbar. It's not very clear, but it does exist.

As for copying and images, I doubt that will happen. If you really want copying, use a normal textarea, but make it so that it doesn't save changes made to it.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

v-rob wrote:So, make <name> empty and use <default> for text. It even includes a vertical scrollbar. It's not very clear, but it does exist.

As for copying and images, I doubt that will happen. If you really want copying, use a normal textarea, but make it so that it doesn't save changes made to it.

Textarea without scrollbar or images without scrollbar looks a few weird, too far from 2018.

Scrollbar is important thing when we talk about text edit, help pages, robot lua mods, mesecons lua mods and etc
Too much places that suffers from lack of textarea with scrollbar (or image with scrollbar)

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

bosapara wrote:Textarea without scrollbar
The scrollbars are added automatically when needed. Update to 5.0-dev to make use of it.
bosapara wrote:or images without scrollbar looks a few weird, too far from 2018.
We'll await your PR for embedding images into text. Warning: the current formspec system works but sucks. See also: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/6527
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

bosapara

by bosapara » Post

Krock wrote:
bosapara wrote:Textarea without scrollbar
The scrollbars are added automatically when needed. Update to 5.0-dev to make use of it.
Glad to hear, in waiting of release
Krock wrote:We'll await your PR for embedding images into text. Warning: the current formspec system works but sucks. See also: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/issues/6527
Glad to help, but I'm not a programmer, I'm a designer. Btw its great that the problem is not forgotten.