trigger on formspec close

zeuner
GitHub: zeuner

trigger on formspec close

by zeuner » Post

Is it possible to have some function called when a particular formspec is closed?

Obviously, I can call a function before calling minetest:close_formspec, but this would not catch all cases of the formspec closing (for example, the player pressing Escape).

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

Re: trigger on formspec close

by rubenwardy » Post

The formspec will be submitted with a quit field set to "true" when ESC or a button exit is pressed
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

The ActiveFormspecs mod provides notification via callback of all conditions in which a formspec is closed (whether it be server shutdown, player killed, player logged off, etc.) through the use of signal events.

[Mod] ActiveFormspecs [formspecs]

zeuner

by zeuner » Post

rubenwardy wrote:The formspec will be submitted with a quit field set to "true" when ESC or a button exit is pressed
Thanks! It seems that documentation is missing for this feature, though: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/7717

zeuner

by zeuner » Post

sorcerykid wrote:The ActiveFormspecs mod provides notification via callback of all conditions in which a formspec is closed (whether it be server shutdown, player killed, player logged off, etc.) through the use of signal events.

[Mod] ActiveFormspecs [formspecs]
I was aware of ActiveFormspecs, which seems interesting. I was looking for something more lightweight, though. Basically, I want to be able to detect when player interactions are not limited by the formspec anymore, and if the player logs off, for example, the ActiveFormspecs logic might force me to do another check since the logoff would "limit" player interactions, too.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Ah okay. Well in fairness you did originally specify "all cases of the formspec closing" ;D